Us Smokers Rule!

It won't work, the man hours required for the police alone are too much. Also, if they are mimicking us, the the business the smoker is nearest pays the fine not us. *grin*One saving grace that has hurt the morons who pushed for the stupid law, we just make sure we're in front of their businesses more.

How is Washington replacing the loss of the cig tax revenue? As anti smoking makes more people quit smoking, the government loses the tax revenues. Have they made new taxes to replace the loss in the cig tax revenue?

That lawsuit, where all the states got money to help people quit smoking, how did that play out in Washington? Our politicians have turned it into a giant boondoggle. They are making all sorts of good ole boy "investment" ventures that have nothing to do with smoking.

How is Washington replacing the loss of the cig tax revenue? As anti smoking makes more people quit smoking, the government loses the tax revenues. Have they made new taxes to replace the loss in the cig tax revenue?

That lawsuit, where all the states got money to help people quit smoking, how did that play out in Washington? Our politicians have turned it into a giant boondoggle. They are making all sorts of good ole boy "investment" ventures that have nothing to do with smoking.

They haven't been able to, thus a big reason our economy is falling apart. Most smokers have gone, and are still going, to Indian Reservations for smokes. Smoke shops are vanishing. A sad point, they say smoking is down because tobacco sales are down, but that's because the res' don't submit their sales records as part of the states sales records.

As for helping people quit, they wasted it all on 'support groups', which have only a 5% success rate in anything. Then they raised the 'patches' and such to amounts that make smoking a cheaper alternative.

Last edited:
As for helping people quit, they wasted it all on 'support groups', which have only a 5% success rate in anything. Then they raised the 'patches' and such to amounts that make smoking a cheaper alternative.

Our state made scary commercials with a little of the money. The rest went to pave the road in front of the politicians House. None of the "venture investments" they have made have made it.

They are raising the tax on alcohol to compensate for some of the lost cig revenue.

As the tax revenue on cigs goes down, they are declaring more things to be a "sin". We have a prepared meals tax now. There has been serious discussion about an additional tax on fast foods, but that has not happened yet.

It will be interesting to see how many new things become "sins", so they can raise sin taxes.

Our state made scary commercials with a little of the money. The rest went to pave the road in front of the politicians House. None of the "venture investments" they have made have made it.

They are raising the tax on alcohol to compensate for some of the lost cig revenue.

As the tax revenue on cigs goes down, they are declaring more things to be a "sin". We have a prepared meals tax now. There has been serious discussion about an additional tax on fast foods, but that has not happened yet.

It will be interesting to see how many new things become "sins", so they can raise sin taxes.

Pretty soon all we'll have are saltines and water ... oh wait, salt is bad for you to. Oh well, just water then. If they aren't stopped it will continue, we've seen this happen already, the trans-fats banners are already talking about banning ALL fat.

Invoke Hitler. Works everytime. :cuckoo:

Letting everyone else make their own choice about inhaling your tar and nicotene is what not smoking around other people is all about, Big Boy.

sorry, just pointing out whose lap you'd sit on as long as they railed against smoking.. Would you prefer Charles Manson? Satan, perhaps?

I'm not lying to you, Shoggs. You'll have more luck with the ladies if you ditch the cancer sticks. No one enjoys kissing as ashtray.

Are you kidding me? I find that breath maintenance and having a big dick works quite well, Ang. Trust me when I say that you do not speak for all women.

Are you kidding me? I find that breath maintenance and having a big dick works quite well, Ang. Trust me when I say that you do not speak for all women.
I think I see someone trying to over compensate. Do you drive a big truck too!

no. an olds lss. It has two cigarette car lighters side by side. no kidding.

Smoking is not just a personal choice type deal; it affects others. I don't want to inhale cigarette smoke that floats off the end of your cancer stick. If you are fat, i don't care, it doesn't hurt me or make me fat; if you are eating red meat, it won't give me heart disease, just you. However, if you smoke, I get exposed to verified cancer causing agents and can't do anything about it. I really wish that, as a waiter, I didn't have to endure the throat raping toxins that so many people love and just have to share.

Smoking is not just a personal choice type deal; it affects others. I don't want to inhale cigarette smoke that floats off the end of your cancer stick. If you are fat, i don't care, it doesn't hurt me or make me fat; if you are eating red meat, it won't give me heart disease, just you. However, if you smoke, I get exposed to verified cancer causing agents and can't do anything about it. I really wish that, as a waiter, I didn't have to endure the throat raping toxins that so many people love and just have to share.

You don't. You can choose to work in a non-smoking establishment, and you can *certainly* request to work a non-smoking section if available.

You don't. You can choose to work in a non-smoking establishment, and you can *certainly* request to work a non-smoking section if available.

exactly. take your fucking ass on down the road to the chucky cheese if you don't want to drink in a smoky bar.

Forum List

Back