US President Donald Trump has announced he wants Australia’s role in sparking the FBI probe into....

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
......links between Russia and his election campaign examined by US Attorney-General William Barr

Despite Australia’s historically strong alliance with the US, Pres Trump specifically named Australia as a nation whose part in what he calls the “Russia hoax” must be thoroughly investigated. “I’ve declassified everything,” Mr Trump told AAP reporters. “ I hope he looks at Australia and I hope he looks at Ukraine. I hope he looks at everything, because there was a hoax that was perpetrated on our country.” Mr Trump described the Russia probe as “an attempted coup or an attempted takedown of the president of the United States”.

In addition to President Trump’s allegations, his former campaign aide George Papadopoulos is also pointing the finger at Australia. Mr Papadopoulos has claimed Australia’s former high commissioner to the UK, Alexander Downer, set up a meeting and we were apparently discussing conspiracy stuff,” Papadopoulos said earlier this year. “I believe Australian and UK intelligence were involved in an active operation to target Trump and his associates,” Papadopoulos said. There has been no love lost between the two men, with Papadopolous referring to Downer as, “The Devil From Down Under” in his book Deep State Target.

In another unsubstantiated claim, Papadopoulos insists Mr Downer recorded their conversation with a phone. “The phone comes out again,” Papadopoulos writes in the book. “He must have grabbed it and held it up at least four times. “He is so aggressive, so hostile, it’s actually a bit intimidating.” Papadopoulos claims he was a victim of Australian, UK and US spy mission ahead of the 2016 presidential election.

“The Austaralian government categorically rejects any allegation that it sought somehow to interfere in the US presidential election,” said a DFAT spokesperson. However, Mr Downer did confirm that during the meeting, Mr Papadopoulos revealed Russia had damaging material on Mr Trump’s presidential rival Hillary Clinton.

(Excerpt) Read more at news.com.au ...

19105492_484392435237164_7385157417654874794_n.jpg

Forum List

Back