US Marines defile dead Afghans on camera

How can you fight an enemy without hate? The more friends you lose the stronger the hate. This kissing and making up with the enemy just after battle is just in the movies. There are many ways to disrespect your enemy and this is just one. The Arabs we are fighting choose to cut off heads, hang bodies up and burn them. It takes many years to get over the hatred you have for your enemy and it is never complete.

Bullshit.

This stuff has been going on on battlefields since there have been wars. It's just the first time some idiots video taped themselves doing it.

Are you really that naive?

Weird. My dad never much talked about pissing on dead bodies in WWII. I guess honor was more important then.

In general people who served in WWII talked very little about the experience.

But then again just because one man you knew didn't talk about it does not mean it didn't happen.

There's that naivete again

I heard a story second hand from a guy who was talking to a WWII vet. Seems they were on an island and were fighting some Japanese hold up in a cave. They gave them the opportunity to surrender..and one guy came out. They tossed gasoline and grenades on the rest of them. For about half an hour they were deciding to do with the guy that came out. One guy was like, "Well we can really have him around..can we?" So another guy pulled his sidearm, told the Japanese soldier, "Hey you..come here" and shot him.

Pretty sure they didn't report that.

Back in those times Soldiers and Marines had a more free hand to get the job done, war crimes and other atrocities like that didn't start being reported until the Vietnam was when the press was following our troops every move. War is a ugly thing, if you really think all our troops were acting like boy scouts and saints during WW2 you are completely off the mark.

Never said they were boyscouts but it sure seems like there was more honor. I know my father would never even have thought about pissing on a dead body in WWII.

Let me ask you this. Do you think they should have pissed on them? What punishment should they receive? And if it were your brother who was pissed on, would you seek revenge?

I don't think they should have pissed on them, but I can understand why they did it. I was in the Military for 7 years and did 2 deployments to the Middle East, I was never in direct combat but I served with people who were, when you are sent on multiple deployments you end up dehumanizing your enemy in order to be able to successfully kill them and survive, this is something civilians have trouble comprehending apparently. No disrespect to your father but if he did piss on a dead Jap or Kraut, you think he would tell you about it? nobody who's really been in the shit likes to go around talking about it.

As far as the punishment for these Marines, I think they should be given a stern talking to and a refresher course on the ROE's and Geneva conventions.

if you had no direct combat experiences then your opinion is not much more valid than a civilian...faggot

Back in those times Soldiers and Marines had a more free hand to get the job done, war crimes and other atrocities like that didn't start being reported until the Vietnam was when the press was following our troops every move. War is a ugly thing, if you really think all our troops were acting like boy scouts and saints during WW2 you are completely off the mark.

Never said they were boyscouts but it sure seems like there was more honor. I know my father would never even have thought about pissing on a dead body in WWII.

Let me ask you this. Do you think they should have pissed on them? What punishment should they receive? And if it were your brother who was pissed on, would you seek revenge?

I am completely neutral on the deed. It's human nature, battlefield bravado whatever else you want to call it.

Go ahead and punish them. Make them to KP or march in place for 48 hours.

I'd want revenge if anyone invaded my country and killed my brother even if they didn't piss on him.

Basically yeah. Which is why we can look forward to lots o' terrorism for quite some time.

They wouldn't have been so pissed if this was a short and sweet operation.

Trying to nation build was a classic screw up.

Weird. My dad never much talked about pissing on dead bodies in WWII. I guess honor was more important then.

But then again just because one man you knew didn't talk about it does not mean it didn't happen.

I heard a story second hand from a guy who was talking to a WWII vet. Seems they were on an island and were fighting some Japanese hold up in a cave. They gave them the opportunity to surrender..and one guy came out. They tossed gasoline and grenades on the rest of them. For about half an hour they were deciding to do with the guy that came out. One guy was like, "Well we can really have him around..can we?" So another guy pulled his sidearm, told the Japanese soldier, "Hey you..come here" and shot him.

Stuff like that happened all the time, back in WW2 they didn't have the kind of media and technology to cover everything, and they didn't have embedded journalists either. Hell there were troops in Germany and Italy who shot the Krauts and Italians when they surrendered, war is not pretty no matter what era and to say people had more "honor" back in WW2 is very niaeve and misguided.

I don't think they should have pissed on them, but I can understand why they did it. I was in the Military for 7 years and did 2 deployments to the Middle East, I was never in direct combat but I served with people who were, when you are sent on multiple deployments you end up dehumanizing your enemy in order to be able to successfully kill them and survive, this is something civilians have trouble comprehending apparently. No disrespect to your father but if he did piss on a dead Jap or Kraut, you think he would tell you about it? nobody who's really been in the shit likes to go around talking about it.

As far as the punishment for these Marines, I think they should be given a stern talking to and a refresher course on the ROE's and Geneva conventions.

if you had no direct combat experiences then your opinion is not much more valid than a civilian...faggot

Whatever bitch, go suck your boyfriends cock and shut the fuck up.

eots said:
Hi, you have received 263 reputation points from eots.
Reputation was given for this post.

Comment:
piss off fag

Regards,
eots

Note: This is an automated message.

Look at the butt hurt cocksucker, idiot was so emotional he gave me positive rep.

Whatever bitch, go suck your boyfriends cock and shut the fuck up.

why was that your role as a non-combatant solider ?

I am completely neutral on the deed. It's human nature, battlefield bravado whatever else you want to call it.

Go ahead and punish them. Make them to KP or march in place for 48 hours.

I'd want revenge if anyone invaded my country and killed my brother even if they didn't piss on him.

Basically yeah. Which is why we can look forward to lots o' terrorism for quite some time.

They wouldn't have been so pissed if this was a short and sweet operation.

Trying to nation build was a classic screw up.

Shit-for-brains, what was the cause of muslime terrorism against the US in the 18th century?

Christopher Hitchens
...One cannot get around what [Thomas] Jefferson heard when he went with John Adams to wait upon Tripoli’s ambassador to London in March 1785. When they inquired by what right the Barbary states preyed upon American shipping, enslaving both crews and passengers, America’s two foremost envoys were informed that “it was written in the Koran, that all Nations who should not have acknowledged their authority were sinners, that it was their right and duty to make war upon whoever they could find and to make Slaves of all they could take as prisoners, and that every Mussulman who should be slain in battle was sure to go to Paradise.” (It is worth noting that the United States played no part in the Crusades, or in the Catholic reconquista of Andalusia.)

Jefferson Versus the Muslim Pirates by Christopher Hitchens, City Journal Spring 2007

And in Vietnam they used to take people up in a chopper push one out and then ask the others if they want to talk yet.

And let's not forget the My Lai massacre

So to think soldiers are somehow above the baser aspects of human nature is pure denial

And in Vietnam they used to take people up in a chopper push one out and then ask the others if they want to talk yet.

And let's not forget the My Lai massacre

So to think soldiers are somehow above the baser aspects of human nature is pure denial

and for many it does not stop with their return

Forum List

Back