US Marines defile dead Afghans on camera

So the fuck what if they pissed on a dead guy?

We want them to kill people and then respect them?

Seems contradictory to me.

Now ask me if filming the act was stupid then I'll agree that maybe these soldiers weren't too bright but it's no big deal.

Killing the Taliban is the highest sign of NOT respecting them possible so no, we don't want them to "respect" them; however, we expect them to act with dignity and by pissing on dead bodies they disrespect themselves and the uniform they're wearing.

This. And LOL on the idiots defending this action.

Now ask me if filming the act was stupid then I'll agree that maybe these soldiers weren't too bright but it's no big deal.

You have a point, its kind of hypocritical for us to reward these Marines for killing these men but than to punish them for urinating on them when they are dead.

Killing the Taliban is the highest sign of NOT respecting them possible so no, we don't want them to "respect" them; however, we expect them to act with dignity and by pissing on dead bodies they disrespect themselves and the uniform they're wearing.

I'm not saying what they did was right, but how is shooting and killing these guys ok, but pissing on them is a capital offense? :confused:

Perhaps they shouldn't have provoked the situation that led to their deaths, then the Marines would not have pissed on them. Generally, I don't have an issue with it. Piss with us, we piss on your dead body. Works for me.

I don't think they should have filmed it though.

That's the part i really don't understand. Why would ANYBODY film something that's just going to end up on the internet or tv for everyone to see? I can't believe they didn't think about that. So i'm waiting to find out why......

I'm not saying what they did was right, but how is shooting and killing these guys ok, but pissing on them is a capital offense? :confused:
Who said it was a capital offense?

Who said it was a capital offense?

Some of the posters on here said these men should be tried and be given Dishonorable Discharges.
I agree with that. I thought a capital offense was something that you could get the death penalty for....I certainly don't agree with that.

I hope they drank a whole lot of liquor before pissing on the muslimes. They should have eaten a lot of pork and then shit on them, too allahu fucku

Perhaps they shouldn't have provoked the situation that led to their deaths, then the Marines would not have pissed on them. Generally, I don't have an issue with it. Piss with us, we piss on your dead body. Works for me.

I don't think they should have filmed it though.

That's the part i really don't understand. Why would ANYBODY film something that's just going to end up on the internet or tv for everyone to see? I can't believe they didn't think about that. So i'm waiting to find out why......

I think thats just the way people are now, people want to film and record everything for posterity, just like that Afghan kill team that went around killing civilians and cutting off body parts as trophies and taking pictures, and the idiots who took all those pictures in Abu Ghuraib as well. Common sense should tell you that if you are going to do something thats wrong and could get you in trouble, probably best not to record it.

and people said that we would take on many of the traits of the scum that we're fighting. i can actually remember a time when we held ourselves above such nonsense. heck, now it's encouraged by many.

HYPERBOLE ALERT!!! "now it's encouraged by many"

have you been to the other thread yet?

and people said that we would take on many of the traits of the scum that we're fighting. i can actually remember a time when we held ourselves above such nonsense. heck, now it's encouraged by many.

Bullshit.

This stuff has been going on on battlefields since there have been wars. It's just the first time some idiots video taped themselves doing it.

Are you really that naive?

Kill them in any manner possible no matter how brutal but then respect their corpses.

Does that not sound completely ridiculous to you?

I'm not defending it. I am saying this kind of battlefield conduct is as old as war and to think differently is to be moronically naive.

I find it unacceptable that this country has embraced torture and the desecration of bodies. Some of you people act like barbarians more than Americans.

It disgusts me at what we find as appropriate behavior. Bands of thugs do this sort of thing, not Americans. Do we want to be seen as thugs? No we dont.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos

Kill them in any manner possible no matter how brutal but then respect their corpses.

It sounds completely ridiculous, to me, to do anything to their corpses. Completely immature.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos

It sounds completely ridiculous, to me, to do anything to their corpses. Completely immature.

I never said it wasn't immature but then you see how much respect you have for a guy that was trying to kill you a few seconds before you killed him and get back to me.

When you are at war with someone and been deployed numerous times to fight against an enemy, you learn to dehumanize that enemy in order to successfully kill them and, to survive. I am not agreeing with what these guys did but what we are seeing here is one of the horrors of war and the reprecussions of sending our Military to numerous deployments to combat zones.

Forum List

Back