US is downgraded to a "flawed" democracy

This is not good news.

The United States is downgraded to a 'flawed' democracy

The United States is downgraded to a flawed democracy from a full democracy by the Economist Intelligence Unit. Elizabeth Keatinge (@elizkeatinge) has more.

So who the hell is this bunch of ignoramuses. We can kick their ass and that makes us better, stronger and all around superior to them. I say they are a lying bullshit group of failed societies.

Here you go-
These two forms of government: Democracy and Republic, are not only dissimilar but antithetical, reflecting the sharp contrast between (a) The Majority Unlimited, in a Democracy, lacking any legal safeguard of the rights of The Individual and The Minority, and (b) The Majority Limited, in a Republic under a written Constitution safeguarding the rights of The Individual and The Minority; as we shall now see.

An Important Distinction: Democracy versus Republic

The US is a REPRESENTATIVE Republic.

If only you had some clue about what that means
Your own meaning is flawed. Wherever did you get the idea that a Republic cannot be a Democracy, I wonder.
The USA, like all democracies nowadays is a Representative Democracy whereby there is government by all the eligible members of a state through elected representatives.
A Republic is a state in which supreme power is held by the people and their elected representatives, and which has an elected or nominated president rather than a monarch.
So, the USA is both a representative democracy and also a republic.

It does not surprise me that the conservative Economist Intelligence Unit downgraded the USA from a "full democracy" such as Germany or Spain to a "flawed democracy" similar to Moldova or Papua New Guinea given the criteria they use but I do wonder what kept them so long to do so. I have noticed an erosion of trust in government by the people for years. The rôle of hate radio and Faux News has to bear some responsibility for this because for the past eight years the impression was given that the Executive does nothing right. Already citizens embittered by poverty and unhappy with politicians who were doing nothing, gravitated to the radio and TV stations which reflected people's disappointment with politics. "New US President Donald Trump capitalised on such long-standing problems in the system in his election campaign ..."
Why the United States is being called a 'flawed democracy'

The US is a REPRESENTATIVE Republic.

Yes it is, which is a form of democracy...
Democracy is mob rule.

Pure democracy is, sure. The closest you might have to that is the UK system. Most others have facets of democracy in their system. Most dictionaries describe the US and other western countries (generically) as democracies.
We see how well Britain has been doing since it opened up it's borders to Muslims.
What kind of stupid are you?

How stupid am I? Evidently not as dumb as you. I have said repeatedly on these boards that the FFP system used by the UK is the worst in the western world. You somehow believe that because i mention it in a post i am endorsing it. I'm not. You then go completely off topic and bring up Muslims in the UK. Btw the UK is doing just fine in that regard despite U.S. Deplorables like yourself commenting on something you obviously know nothing about.

Not based on your history of postings.

If you elected Trump, you have arguably voted in the least freedom-loving president in your history. So don't talk to be about democracy.
Please explain why the US has the serve as the SOLE Welfare State of planet Earth.
Non sequitor
I read the Economist weekly and the US is the world's consumer and Welfare Office.
Please answer the question.

Not based on your history of postings.

If you elected Trump, you have arguably voted in the least freedom-loving president in your history. So don't talk to be about democracy.
Please explain why the US has the serve as the SOLE Welfare State of planet Earth.
Non sequitor
I read the Economist weekly and the US is the world's consumer and Welfare Office.
Please answer the question.
I'm glad you are educating your ignorant arse. Now, what does your allegations that the US is the sole welfare state have to do with freedom? Hint - nothing. Therefore it is a non-sequitur...

This is not good news.

The United States is downgraded to a 'flawed' democracy

The United States is downgraded to a flawed democracy from a full democracy by the Economist Intelligence Unit. Elizabeth Keatinge (@elizkeatinge) has more.
1. The united States is not and never has been a democracy. The United States is a Republic with democratic processes to select the vast majority of our highest federal offices.

2. Why should I give a rats ass about what Elizabeth Keating tries to think about the validity of our democraticc processes when she doesnt grasp the most basic fact, such as we are not a democracy?

3. Sounds like just more libtard undermining of Trumps glorious successes thus far.

Might as well accept the hard Truth, libs.

upload_2017-1-27_16-33-56.png

"sovereign" USA on verge of being further downgraded to FAILED STATE ...
thence to be reconstituted as a province [or multiple provinces] of the coming NWO One World Government.

3zpW1rK.jpg

Forum List

Back