US hypocrisy of democracy

The system of voting no longer works for democrats. Give people a choice, they may disagree. Take that choice from them.

Note, this topic is not about Cuba.

A new dawn for Cuba? The draft constitution explained

"Dear Donald Trump: A letter from Cuba
"The US objection, the Trump administration's objection, to Cuba is that it's not a multi-party democracy like the United States and the Cuban constitution doesn't change that, in fact the new constitution reaffirms the single-party system with the Communist Party in the leading role," said William LeoGrande, a professor in the School of Public Affairs at the American University."

So, the Trump administration which was not elected through much in the way of democracy, in a system which limits political parties, is complaining about a country with a system that doesn't have democracy and limits political parties.

It's funny how the US goes around doing this.

Not much has changed

Bush says U.S. must spread democracy

"Bush says U.S. must spread democracy"

A second leader who was elected not with proper democracy calling for a spread of democracy around the world.

The US has an unfair Electoral College system which is fit only for the 18th century.

Aww. Mob rule just eludes the heck out of ya, eh?

Ah, a person who hates democracy.

Pure Democracy is 2 other kids deciding they own your bike.
Not being snarky. Perhaps you will explain that to me or point me in the direction of a book or two?

In a pure democracy, the will of the majority rules. so in the above example of three people, if two of them decide they want the property of the third, there is nothing in the legal framework to stop them. Majority rules, i.e. the mob rules.

Note, this topic is not about Cuba.

A new dawn for Cuba? The draft constitution explained

"Dear Donald Trump: A letter from Cuba
"The US objection, the Trump administration's objection, to Cuba is that it's not a multi-party democracy like the United States and the Cuban constitution doesn't change that, in fact the new constitution reaffirms the single-party system with the Communist Party in the leading role," said William LeoGrande, a professor in the School of Public Affairs at the American University."

So, the Trump administration which was not elected through much in the way of democracy, in a system which limits political parties, is complaining about a country with a system that doesn't have democracy and limits political parties.

It's funny how the US goes around doing this.

Not much has changed

Bush says U.S. must spread democracy

"Bush says U.S. must spread democracy"

A second leader who was elected not with proper democracy calling for a spread of democracy around the world.

The US has an unfair Electoral College system which is fit only for the 18th century.

Aww. Mob rule just eludes the heck out of ya, eh?

Ah, a person who hates democracy.

Pure Democracy is 2 other kids deciding they own your bike.
Not being snarky. Perhaps you will explain that to me or point me in the direction of a book or two?

Two rule over one, the one has no voice or representation.
So we have the EC to correct that.
Pure Democracy is mob rule.

Actually it's the framework of a constitutional republic with a bill of rights that corrects the situation.

Forum List

Back