US footie article. Growth of the game.

Soccer here in the U.S.A. is considered an upper mddle class and up sport. It has not yet really caught on with workingclass americans.

It is getting there, especially with the influx of Hispanic kids. It will become more popular as population trends bend down because it take fewer people to kick a ball around than it does to get together a decent neighborhood football or baseball game.

It is getting there, especially with the influx of Hispanic kids. It will become more popular as population trends bend down because it take fewer people to kick a ball around than it does to get together a decent neighborhood football or baseball game.
Yeah, soccer - just like basketball - is something you can even play alone and many kids do exactly that. All you need is a ball.

Yeah, soccer - just like basketball - is something you can even play alone and many kids do exactly that. All you need is a ball.
You also don't need a lot of space to be productive. As yards get smaller and smaller, I have noticed you don't see groups of kids out playing football or even practicing batting.

As an investment, however, I wouldn't put my eggs in soccer's basket yet in the US. Outside big cities, it would be hard to even break even on amateur sports, especially this one. Our schools have soccer and we have an indoor soccer arena, but it is still more a hobby sport.

Forum List

Back