US detects North Korea missile launch

Here we go again.

Trump should bomb N.Korea into the stone age.

That would give him at least one victory now that Trumpcare has failed too.

Preserving humanity? We let dictators go in the other countries ordering rapes of 17 year old girls, slavery, genocide.. this fat immature fuck makes empty threats and shoots half ass missiles in the ocean. By half ass i mean they usually fail.
This is iraq all over again.
We invaded iraq because half the world believed sadaam had wmds. All we found were weapons we sold them in the 80s.
NK makes people think he has nukes and we gave them the technology.
I hate needless war. I dont think my mind could change on this without proof of nukes or he actually creates destruction.
NK is working on capabilities that could kill millions.

If you knew your neighbor was messing around with anthrax or major explosives would you ignore him or do everything in your power to put a stop to his activities?
But that is different. A country should have a right to advance their military.
It is not different. Both are a danger to your life.
He is as much danger to me as any other country with an military.
The only thing you could get out of me is that i might be naive about this. Lol
His motives are the same as ISIS as it pertains to the west. The difference is he is developing the capability to follow through. He could also sell the technology to terrorist groups to both amass more personal wealth & strike at us.

This has to be dealt with
same could be said for other countries.
Pakistan has nukes and they sponsor terrorism. There are brutal dictators all over the planet. The world is so selective.
What is even worse is we gave them the technology. Now they are building up the military and people are freaking out.

Here we go again.

Trump should bomb N.Korea into the stone age.

That would give him at least one victory now that Trumpcare has failed too.
Trump isn't the one putting the cards on the table, NK is.

Only idiots put the responsibility for where we are with NK on Trump

North Korea and where we are at now can be traced back decades.

Trim inherit this one and he will be blame for any failure because that is how the Hisorians will write it... if any live to write it...

Shows how weak N Korea thinks Trump is

Why won't our president do something?

Same reason why Obama did nothing.

Do you want a war that will include China and Russia and also Iran?

Do you think we will win?

Also the reality South Korea will be wiped off the map along with Japan and maybe the Philippines.

So the answer is never as simple as attacking North Korea seeing their puppet master is China and China puppet master is Russia!
Kim Jong Un knows Trump is weak

Shows how weak N Korea thinks Trump is

Why won't our president do something?
NK never did think that US Présidents were weaks or that Trump is weak but rather that they have the ass between two chairs.

Washington (CNN)The US detected a ballistic missile launch out of North Korea at approximately 10:45 am. EST on Friday, the Pentagon confirmed to CNN.

They are assessing the launch and will have more soon.
Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe told Japanese broadcaster NHK: "I have received the first report that North Korea again launched a missile and it possibly landed inside the exclusive economic zone."

The US believes that North Korea will be able to launch a reliable nuclear-capable intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) by early 2018, a US official familiar with the latest intelligence assessment confirmed to CNN Wednesday.
That would be an acceleration of two years from previous estimates that put Pyongyang three to five years from fully developing long-range missile capabilities.

Read More
The official clarified to CNN that while North Korea can currently get a missile "off the ground," there are still a lot of undetermined variables about guidance, re-entry and the ability to hit a specific target.
Washington (CNN)The US detected a ballistic missile launch out of North Korea at approximately 10:45 am. EST on Friday, the Pentagon confirmed to CNN.

They are assessing the launch and will have more soon.
Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe told Japanese broadcaster NHK: "I have received the first report that North Korea again launched a missile and it possibly landed inside the exclusive economic zone."

The US believes that North Korea will be able to launch a reliable nuclear-capable intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) by early 2018, a US official familiar with the latest intelligence assessment confirmed to CNN Wednesday.
That would be an acceleration of two years from previous estimates that put Pyongyang three to five years from fully developing long-range missile capabilities.

Read More
The official clarified to CNN that while North Korea can currently get a missile "off the ground," there are still a lot of undetermined variables about guidance, re-entry and the ability to hit a specific target.

US detects North Korea missile launch - CNNPolitics.com
How are they going to test a long range ICBM? Unlike the US, they don't have possessions in the Pacific or anywhere else. Any missile fired from NK that starts across the Pacific will be seen as a hostile act directed at the US or our allies demanding retaliation.

There are many countries other than the US that have territories, possessions, protectorates, are trusts in the Pacific such as France, Britain, Australia, Russia, Japan, Chili, Micronesia, Papua New Guinea, New Zealand, etc.

I can't begin to describe how enthused I am that my wife and I will be flying into Seoul next month on our way to Thailand while this clown is pulling this shit.

NK is working on capabilities that could kill millions.

If you knew your neighbor was messing around with anthrax or major explosives would you ignore him or do everything in your power to put a stop to his activities?
But that is different. A country should have a right to advance their military.
It is not different. Both are a danger to your life.
He is as much danger to me as any other country with an military.
The only thing you could get out of me is that i might be naive about this. Lol
His motives are the same as ISIS as it pertains to the west. The difference is he is developing the capability to follow through. He could also sell the technology to terrorist groups to both amass more personal wealth & strike at us.

This has to be dealt with
same could be said for other countries.
Pakistan has nukes and they sponsor terrorism. There are brutal dictators all over the planet. The world is so selective.
What is even worse is we gave them the technology. Now they are building up the military and people are freaking out.
Pakistan is only a threat to it's neighbors due to it's lack of delivery vehicles. The major threat is terrorists breaking into the nuclear arsenal which the US is involved in protecting. While the NK nuclear threat is growing Pakistan's is not.

Trump said this would not happen. Trump has said so many things that have not turned out to be true, but this one is quite serious. What would have made him say such a thing if he could not deliver? Are we not to assume that he says whatever is convenient in the moment, but not to be relied upon?

Trump said this would not happen. Trump has said so many things that have not turned out to be true, but this one is quite serious. What would have made him say such a thing if he could not deliver? Are we not to assume that he says whatever is convenient in the moment, but not to be relied upon?
Yes, Trump says whatever runs thru his head. It could be brilliant but most of time it's a stupid statement that's counterproductive.

For Trump, the presidency is and extension of his TV show. If his tweets get him notoriety and keep him on the evening news shows, they are successful. Daily tweets about goverment and current affairs punctuated by campaign rallies, interviews, news clips, and shaking hands with dignitaries are his idea of being president.

However, when it comes to politics and diplomacy, he's totally lost.

The North Korean missile could have reached Chicago. What did Trump mean when he said this would not happen?

The North Korean missile could have reached Chicago. What did Trump mean when he said this would not happen?
Yes, a missile could end up in Chicago, Hawaii, Alaska, Australia, or in millions of squares miles of the Pacific. Until N.K. actually tests and refines their guidance system with long range shots, the likelihood of hitting a target on the US mainland is pretty slim. The US and Russia spent years testing and refining their ICBM's by firing them thousands of miles downrange. Hitting a US mainland city without long range tests and refinements is about as likely as hitting a ball into centerfold and landing on a postage stamp.

Suppose NK launched an ICBM across the Pacific, the US would have to retaliate regardless of where it hit.

When will the world realize that diplomacy seldom works---- NEVER in these cases! Sanctions do not work. It is a fool's errand to think that China or Russia will jump in to help. That is because N. Korea knows that either would crush them like a bug if they tried! In the case of Iran or N. Korea, all of the above has only allowed them to develop to the edge of being a nuclear threat. The only real choice is the one no one wants to admit, a military action to utterly destroy their capability and plunge these countries into dark crisis, with war, retaliation and countless people dead.
Pure insanity. For starters, diplomacy has not been attempted with North Korea. It's been decades of warmongering, aggressive posturing, and economic sanctions which has only convinced the Kim regime that they need nuclear weapons in the first place as a deterrent to American-led regime change. As for China, they've already stepped up their pressure on North Korea when they stopped the coal shipments. That's a huge blow to the North Korean government.

China to suspend all imports of coal from North Korea

The idea that war is in any way a solution is psychotic. We're going to help our friends in South Korea and Japan and all of the innocent civilians trapped in North Korea by ensuring that they get hellfire rained on them? Not to mention possibly provoking China and/or Russia into military confrontation when we can't even win a war against insurgents in Afghanistan or Iraq?

When will the world realize that diplomacy seldom works---- NEVER in these cases! Sanctions do not work. It is a fool's errand to think that China or Russia will jump in to help. That is because N. Korea knows that either would crush them like a bug if they tried! In the case of Iran or N. Korea, all of the above has only allowed them to develop to the edge of being a nuclear threat. The only real choice is the one no one wants to admit, a military action to utterly destroy their capability and plunge these countries into dark crisis, with war, retaliation and countless people dead.
Kim the Commie is calling our bluff. Will we fold again? The anti-war mongers want us to back down instead of squashing this pompous pipsqueak. What lesson will Iran take from this? Recently we only fired warning shots at their aggressive patrol boats instead of blowing them sky high to Allah.

Forum List

Back