Legislation is Hard Work

D

Dim Bulb

...if done right. The Democrats, when they controlled the House Senate and White House made the criminal (and I use that term not in the literal sense because it is used far too blithely these days) mistake of not getting any Republicans on some of their legislation, including the ACA.

I'm actually glad that we might have to have a bipartisan solution to ACA now. Why? Because whatever the fix is, then both parties will have a vested interest in keeping it in place.

When you make legislation, you have to accept the fact that there will be a lot of people that don't believe in what you believe. The choice then is to complain about it and complain about them or to find the best possible workable solution. As a proponent of the latter, the hotheads on both sides of the aisle have always derided me, as do many on this somewhat less than rational board, but nevertheless, the truth remains as it always has been in DC.

You want legislation to last? Then get bipartisan buy-in. It's going to take compromise. Otherwise, whenever the Democrats take over, the pendulum will just swing the other way.

...if done right. The Democrats, when they controlled the House Senate and White House made the criminal (and I use that term not in the literal sense because it is used far too blithely these days) mistake of not getting any Republicans on some of their legislation, including the ACA.

That's an interesting reversal of reality. The Democrats begged for Republican input, gave the Republicans what they wanted over and over ... and in response, the Republicans did the Lucy-pulls-away-the-football thing over and over.

That's an interesting reversal of reality. The Democrats begged for Republican input, gave the Republicans what they wanted over and over ... and in response, the Republicans did the Lucy-pulls-away-the-football thing over and over.
If you're busy blaming you ain't gettin nothin done.

You live in your own little world, don't you. druggie.gif

Forum List

Back