US Bracing for Massive Polar Low

Given the animal reactions to the coming low pressures its should be a substantive storm. We dont see the two lows joining but if they do all bets are off as it could be bigger than we have seen in over 150 years.
So what? The air can warm from 20 F to 25 F and it's still going to snow. Maybe more, because warmer air can hold more humidity.

And the Christmas forecast remains rather warm and rainy for much of the USA. Some snow now on the mountains and in the Dakotas, but nothing unusual. Freezing rain and fog is the big issue in the Dakotas, not heavy snowfall.

So, Billy's forecast ... must still be true, as he is infallible. The media is clearly covering up the brutal subzero cold and whiteouts that now blanket most of the nation.

A cold shot does move in on the 27th, but nothing especially bad. It's the way of things. Normal temps are kind of abnormal. It's usually significantly warmer or colder than the average, due to warm and cold fronts alternately passing.

Tonight the mid states are under heavy snow fall.. and 15 degrees below normal as the first of two polar lows goes through.. And shot two over Christmas which is the bigger of the two lows.... by Christmas Day the majority of the US will have snow falling..

Given the animal reactions to the coming low pressures its should be a substantive storm. We dont see the two lows joining but if they do all bets are off as it could be bigger than we have seen in over 150 years.
So what? The air can warm from 20 F to 25 F and it's still going to snow. Maybe more, because warmer air can hold more humidity.
AL Gore said by this year no one would have snow.... What changed?

AL Gore said by this year no one would have snow.... What changed?
Link?

Really? Present anomaly is -0.605, that doesn't look like a massive ice buildup to me.

http://arctic.atmos.uiuc.edu/cryosphere/IMAGES/seaice.anomaly.arctic.png

Yep a 2 Million Square Kilometer increase over last year is nothing...

Fucking Moron!
Hmmmmm...................

Arctic Sea Ice News and Analysis Sea ice data updated daily with one-day lag

Sea ice extent grew 2.15 million square kilometers (830,000 square miles) during the month of November. This was about average for the month and substantially slower than observed in 2012. While the month started with 1.17 million square kilometers (452,000 square miles) more ice in 2014 than on November 1, 2012, by the end of the month, the difference between 2014 and 2012 had closed to only 416,000 square kilometers (161,000 square miles). The difference in November ice growth between 2012 and 2014 reflects the larger area of open water at the end of summer 2012. With more open water, there was a larger area for new ice to grow.

Tonight the mid states are under heavy snow fall.. and 15 degrees below normal as the first of two polar lows goes through.

And back in the real world, it's 53F outside my house in Indiana now. In Bismarck, ND, the temperature is now 30F, which is above normal. There's some scattered snow there, nothing major. Billy seems to be living in an alternate weather reality.

And shot two over Christmas which is the bigger of the two lows.... by Christmas Day the majority of the US will have snow falling..

A forecast that nobody shares. We can return to this on Christmas, and see how well Billy did.

I see our two morons have out done themselves again. First here are the two polar lows in an NASA image. One over the east coast and the one entering the western US causing major havoc today.

nasa_severe_dec24.jpg

WE have Four massive polar lows (three are visible in this image) in the Northern hemisphere. Sea ice is building and massively low temps from normal...

But the morons keep spouting the same old lies over and over again thinking that if they repeat them long enough people will believe that they are true. HEY MORONS... we can all see that its cooling no matter how many time the left wits lie and use propaganda.

LOL. I hardly know how Billy Boob can portray himself as a bigger fool than he already has. But he may fool me.

Coming from YOU, the biggest fool of them all... I will wear that badge with honor.. IT means that you can not refute the science. You can only cut and paste the stuff they tell you too and parrot it... Polly want a cracker?

Looks to be cold over New Years Day, does not look to be an unusual cold snap. The havoc you predicted for Christmas certainly fizzled. Better keep your day job.

Looks to be cold over New Years Day, does not look to be an unusual cold snap. The havoc you predicted for Christmas certainly fizzled. Better keep your day job.
it only fizzled where your hot air is coming from... was that your ass?

The rest of the US is getting pummeled with delays and road closures.. Old Fraud strikes again showing his total ignorance.

Delays and road closures at the end of December. How very unusual. Hell and brimfire, there might even be a bit of snow, who'd a thunk it?

As I went for a run in shorts and T-shirt today, I marveled at the blizzard engulfing the whole nation. Oops. I must have missed it.

Snow cover map here. Snow coverage is quite normal. A little higher than average in the west, a little lower in the east.

Rutgers University Climate Lab Global Snow Lab

So Billy, what's the next thing you're going to fail hard at and then lie about?

As I went for a run in shorts and T-shirt today, I marveled at the blizzard engulfing the whole nation. Oops. I must have missed it.

Snow cover map here. Snow coverage is quite normal. A little higher than average in the west, a little lower in the east.

Rutgers University Climate Lab Global Snow Lab

So Billy, what's the next thing you're going to fail hard at and then lie about?

I see you head is firmly implanted... Yet the facts in the news tell a different story..

MatoakaSnow-9.jpg

and

Winter Storm Alert

As airlines start to build back to their regular flight schedules, the after effects of the severe winter storm continue to impact travel to and from Logan. We are still experiencing delays and cancellations. It is important to check with your airline on the status of your flight before heading to the airport, and be sure to allow extra travel time.

source

just two of many reports..

Last edited:
Billy, Christmas is over. Your "by Christmas Day the majority of the US will have snow falling" forecast was laughably wrong, you look stupid, and you look dishonest for refusing to admit your screwup.

A picture of snow in the mountains, or pointing out that Boston will see moderate snowfall doesn't change that. It doesn't mean anything. In the winter, it's going to snow in various places. That does not mean a blizzard has enveloped the whole nation.

A moderate cold wave is arriving now, but it's due to an Arctic High, which would be kind of the opposite of a polar low.

Forum List

Back