Us against Them is never ever gonna work, people!!

tigerred59

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2015
I'm seeing a very dangerous trend set into motion by those who want to even the score against police brutality against blacks. A movement so necessary (Black lives matter.com) now becoming the scapegoat for violence against law enforcement. No matter how hard we try to live without their presence, ie cops....they're a necessary evil in our society...I say evil because despite sticking our heads in the sand, minorities do not have the luxury of having always the good cop showing up to address their concerns.
Its time we all step back, take a deep breath and realize that being a cop isn't easy, that working in hard hit crime areas isn't easy and if we want to create a livable community, we must partner with law enforcement and help solve crimes, so that all of us can live peacefully.
Its time for a long serious dialog between communities and the law. Its time for a long serious dialog to address mental illness in this country and its time for all of us to remove from our mist, racism, bigotry and hate.

I'm seeing a very dangerous trend set into motion by those who want to even the score against police brutality against blacks. A movement so necessary (Black lives matter.com) now becoming the scapegoat for violence against law enforcement. No matter how hard we try to live without their presence, ie cops....they're a necessary evil in our society...I say evil because despite sticking our heads in the sand, minorities do not have the luxury of having always the good cop showing up to address their concerns.
Its time we all step back, take a deep breath and realize that being a cop isn't easy, that working in hard hit crime areas isn't easy and if we want to create a livable community, we must partner with law enforcement and help solve crimes, so that all of us can live peacefully.
Its time for a long serious dialog between communities and the law. Its time for a long serious dialog to address mental illness in this country and its time for all of us to remove from our mist, racism, bigotry and hate.
It's time to hold cops to the same standards as everyone else is held to. Equal punishment, equal justice, and equal rights for everyone, cops included.

• Banned
It's time to hold cops to the same standards as everyone else is held to. Equal punishment, equal justice, and equal rights for everyone, cops included.

Oh, I agree 1000%...but here's the deal, those who are dying at the hands of these crazy mf's, aren't the bad cops.

Oh, I agree 1000%...but here's the deal, those who are dying at the hands of these crazy mf's, aren't the bad cops.
Yes, that's the blind part...

And, by the same token, some of the ones the cops kill aren't the bad guys. It's a two way street. Think about it.

• Banned

And, by the same token, some of the ones the cops kill aren't the bad guys. It's a two way street. Think about it.

Unless your a minority, you have no idea what its like with the banter going on these days....I live in the south and I'm the mother of black sons. This anger that white people are feeling, this anger the cops are feeling, that anger could not only endanger my life, but that of my sons. I want this madness to stop, because sooner or later that anger is gonna spill over into all our black lives....like it or not, its still a white man's world.

But make no mistakes, my friend, this anger that we're feeling stems from non prosecution of these criminal cops, so I get it.

Unless your a minority, you have no idea what its like with the banter going on these days....I live in the south and I'm the mother of black sons. This anger that white people are feeling, this anger the cops are feeling, that anger could not only endanger my life, but that of my sons. I want this madness to stop, because sooner or later that anger is gonna spill over into all our black lives....like it or not, its still a white man's world.

But make no mistakes, my friend, this anger that we're feeling stems from non prosecution of these criminal cops, so I get it.
FYI - Sorry ass low-life cops know no color. They'll kill anyone, at any time, for any reason. The daily headlines attest to it. It's NOT just the black community that has to worry about rogue cops. People of all color, nationality, religion, or lack thereof, should worry about being their next victim. If they don't shoot you, they'll choke you to death, beat you to death, or use whatever method they feel like using to kill you. Also, it makes no difference to them what age you are, your mental condition, or whether or not you have severe health issues. You're not even safe in your own home.

Be careful, very careful. In most cases, they're above the law, have the courts on their side, and they have the luxury of having their "own" investigate any incident that may be in question. It's like having a member of your family doing the investigation if you're accused of a crime. Since one law enforcement agency investigates another law enforcement agency, we have very few cops in our prisons and jails. They usually get desk duty, or paid leave.

They steal, sell drugs, take bribes, murder, rape, molest children, and commit acts of brutality and assault, yet they rarely face a judge and jury. But, they'll arrest you for jaywalking. Go figure.

Has there really been an increase in cop-caused deaths, tho?

Or does it have more to do with the fact that everyone has a camera and it's instantly view-able?
Maybe both.
Just seems, with so many cases making the news the cops would be extra careful.
But then another case pops up.

I think it's just the law of averages.
How many thousands of cops and how many more criminals?
Shit happens

Or does it have more to do with the fact that everyone has a camera and it's instantly view-able?
Maybe both.
Just seems, with so many cases making the news the cops would be extra careful.
But then another case pops up.

I think it's just the law of averages.
How many thousands of cops and how many more criminals?
Shit happens
Personally, I think it's trigger happy rogue cops.

It's a war. Just leaking war, like a pus pocket that just leaks a little pus out at a time. It needs to be sliced open into blood in the streets war. Then it can be resolved. This won't do anything except keep going for a long time. The police need to start patrolling in tanks, wearing full body armor, treat Martin Luther King Blvd, like it was in Iraq or Afghanistan. Use those military grade weapons. Search those homes with 15 minutes to get out or use grenade launchers.

It's a war. Just leaking war, like a pus pocket that just leaks a little pus out at a time. It needs to be sliced open into blood in the streets war. Then it can be resolved. This won't do anything except keep going for a long time. The police need to start patrolling in tanks, wearing full body armor, treat Martin Luther King Blvd, like it was in Iraq or Afghanistan. Use those military grade weapons. Search those homes with 15 minutes to get out or use grenade launchers.
What they really need to do is show respect to get respect. They need to stop brutalizing, beating, shooting, raping, molesting, stealing, and committing perjury in court. They need to be held to the same standards as you a I. They need to be investigated by private independent agencies instead of being investigated by their own department, or other law enforcement agencies. We need to see more of them convicted, sentenced, and placed in prison.

Well said. Sensible dialogue is the first step. On both sides.

Getting and keeping good cops is key. And as you said...worming rough neighborhoods can wear a man down. Being calm and cooperative is one good step. Ensuring police rotate officers out of rough areas to prevent burnout is another.

That's why I support merging all these small departments into much larger consolidated ones. That enables shifting officers through rough areas for a few months...then move them to desk work or low crime areas for a while. Same way the military works. Rough area for a while...then safer area for much longer.

That's EXACTLY the same argument about blacks being shot by cops. It's not a rising crisis. Statistically it's VERY rare. In fact...it's almost immeasurable by scientific statistical models it's such a tiny %.

Cops being shot...or blacks being shot by cops...both are tiny tiny numbers.

BUT THE MEDIA NEEDS VIEWERS AND BOTH INCIDENTS SPARK EXTREME EMOTION. WE ARE BEING PLAYED FOLKS...BOTH SIDES.

It's time to deal with the social problems that are causing all these issues in the first place.

Sticking your head in the sand or up your ass and saying "everyone in American can make it with hard work" kind of rhetoric, as an excuse for doing nothing doesn't work and never will.

Forum List

Back