Upside down American flags

I have a fucking flag flying upside down - you tell me???

You're making a mockery out of the distress signal, and you are ignorant in thinking that a flag simply touching the ground means you have to burn it. How many flags have you burned in such a retarded way just because you touched the ground with it?

:lol:

I'm not a clumsy idiot that drops flags on the ground...

Yes you do have to burn a flag if it hits the ground.... I wouldn't burn a flag if a dropped it tho (which I never did)...

Obviously I'd fly it upside down and do...

Not to mention I resent you motherfuckers putting Obama's face over the 50... That flag SHOULD burn....

It's a fucking disgrace.

No you fucking DO NOT have to burn a flag if it touches the ground. SHOW ME IN THE FUCKING FLAG CODE WHERE IT SAYS THAT. That is not fucking true. If it touches the ground you must simply ensure that it does not touch the ground anymore by moving it someplace more appropriate.

Section 8b.

The flag should never touch anything beneath it, such as the ground, the floor, water, or
merchandise.

The only part that mentions burning is Section 8k.

The flag, when it is in such condition that it is no longer a fitting emblem for display, should
be destroyed in a dignified way, preferably by burning

Last edited:
You're making a mockery out of the distress signal, and you are ignorant in thinking that a flag simply touching the ground means you have to burn it. How many flags have you burned in such a retarded way just because you touched the ground with it?

Yes you do have to burn a flag if it hits the ground.... I wouldn't burn a flag if a dropped it tho (which I never did)...

Not to mention I resent you motherfuckers putting Obama's face over the 50... That flag SHOULD burn....

It's a fucking disgrace.

No you fucking DO NOT have to burn a flag if it touches the ground. SHOW ME IN THE FUCKING FLAG CODE WHERE IT SAYS THAT. That is not fucking true. If it touches the ground you must simply ensure that it does not touch the ground anymore by moving it someplace more appropriate.

Section 8b.

The flag should never touch anything beneath it, such as the ground, the floor, water, or
merchandise.

The flag, when it is in such condition that it is no longer a fitting emblem for display, should

"when the flag, when it is in such condition that it is no longer a fitting emblem for display, should be destroyed in a dignified way, preferably by burning."

Subjective yes - no I'm not wrong...

Isn't the upside down flag distress thing only when you're at sea?

Upside Down US Flag

""a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property""

You shouldn't fly our flag upside down unless you want police or emergency personnel knocking at your door.

:salute:
Please respect my Flag.
She's went through Hell for you.
:salute:

Ironic given what the flag represents...

Certainly not authoritarian ideas....

Thought those were a relic of the 60s.

Saw one on this forum just recent -by a lib who is for legalizing ALL drugs - not just marijuana.

stop armchair patriots flying worn and tattered flags. fucking doochebaghs. I used to but one every year or more often.

Disrespecting the Flag of the USA is done by many idiots:

USFlag.org: A website dedicated to the Flag of the United States of America - Flag Etiquette

many right wing and a few left wing web sites use a flag as decoration. pssst, a no no

I have had the honor of seeing several flag retirement ceremonies. The Boy Scouts and many of the ROTC branches have dignified and moving retirement ceremonies. We had a Scout Troop retire an American flag at a community wide event on September 11, 2011. It was very moving to see such care taken to retire that flag.

Saw one on this forum just recent -by a lib who is for legalizing ALL drugs - not just marijuana.

Actually it was a rabid rw sheeple whose posts are always very rude and holier than thou, and usually wrong.

It's a fucking disgrace.

Section 8b.

merchandise.

"when the flag, when it is in such condition that it is no longer a fitting emblem for display, should be destroyed in a dignified way, preferably by burning."

Subjective yes - no I'm not wrong...

You disrespect it by burning it if it only acquires a little dust from touching the ground. You dust it off, you don't fucking burn it. Touching the ground does not constitute being not fit for display. You make a mockery out of real flags that need proper disposal, such as those on sea vessels tattered by the winds, or those in war torn areas, or those that have simply served for decades before being retired.

It's not subjective. You think the flag is not capable of standing up to imperceptible dirt?

Last edited:

Years ago I had your avatar as a poster....

Like 15 years ago...

Sweet... Totally forgot about that poster until I saw your avatar...

Are you telling me Im old? :D I saw them in concert in

77 Animals tour
80 Wall tour
88 Momentary laspe of reason
94 Division Bell.

Hell, I saw them on the 'Wish You Were Here' tour in 1975... LA Sports Arena... Ed Brown (Chief of Police) had over 500 people arrested for possession during the 4 night series...

Last edited:
There are a large number of people in the states today that don't even respect themselves so how do you expect for them to respect our flag?

120315-obama-flag-9aphotoblog600.jpg

Definitely a bad idea....one that has been very clearly been exposed as a bad idea......now, if we could just do something about these.....

harley davidson american flags - Google Search

and these

Redirect Notice

There are a large number of people in the states today that don't even respect themselves so how do you expect for them to respect our flag?

120315-obama-flag-9aphotoblog600.jpg

Definitely a bad idea....one that has been very clearly been exposed as a bad idea......now, if we could just do something about these.....

and these

Redirect Notice

Here in the South I see a lot of hank Jr stuck on misc. flags

Just as disturbing

I believe that the National Ensign displayed upside down indicates distress. This country is for sure in trouble and will get worse if Dear Leader gets a second term.
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Attachments

• $updown.jpg
    $updown.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 47
Years ago I had your avatar as a poster....

Like 15 years ago...

Sweet... Totally forgot about that poster until I saw your avatar...

Are you telling me Im old? :D I saw them in concert in

77 Animals tour
80 Wall tour
88 Momentary laspe of reason
94 Division Bell.

Hell, I saw them on the 'Wish You Were Here' tour in 1975... LA Sports Arena... Ed Brown (Chief of Police) had over 500 people arrested for possession during the 4 night series...

dam ,.....i seen them at the same place in around 73/74 for the Dark Side of the Moon Tour......the Chief was Ed Davis not Brown by the way.....

I believe that the National Ensign displayed upside down indicates distress. This country is for sure in trouble and will get worse if Dear Leader gets a second term.

It does mean distress in an actual distress situation. Politically it's used to slam the United States, like burning the flag. I personally oppose any restriction on burning the flag, but I don't want to give the idiots who do it publicity either. As much as I dislike many things going on right now, starting with the idiot in the White House, I think it's classless to display it upside down and disrespect our country.

I fly this flag upside down as a patriot - I love my country and if I didn't I wouldn't be flying the flag upside down...

Be as passive as you want...

Yeah dumb ass, my problem is I'm too passive. You've been in enough discussions with me to know how retarded that statement was.

If you're in actual, physical peril the upside down flag indicates that. Otherwise it's a slam. It's not a figurative statement that you don't like where the country is headed. If you didn't understand that when you did it, fine. Fix it and move on. But I assume by now you've used google and learned it doesn't mean that. It's not a "statement" of concern the way you are using it, it says you hate America. It's no different then burning the flag to piss people off. So now you're just being stubborn and you're being a dick about it. Your choice, but don't pretend it is what it isn't. "Patriots" don't fly the flag upside down.

Forum List

Back