Unsung hero of Atlanta radio passed away today

Spoke with him a few times while he was screening calls.

A real gentleman with a great sense of humor.

The Boortz program won't be the same without him. :(

It certainly won't.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Neil retire soon, like within the next year. The chemistry is going to totally change, and I'm not convinced that Neil wants to go through that.

He may not retire, but I wouldn't be surprised if he did.

But.... what makes him a 'hero'?

"of Atlanta radio".

That's the qualifier.

And to answer, his dedication in realizing that it is more than "just a job". He acted as a mentor to many new in the business locally. He guided them along career paths, and many went on to outshine him career-wise. But he was content to stay behind the scenes for the most part.

"of Atlanta radio".

That's the qualifier.

And to answer, his dedication in realizing that it is more than "just a job". He acted as a mentor to many new in the business locally. He guided them along career paths, and many went on to outshine him career-wise. But he was content to stay behind the scenes for the most part.

To California Girl: OH SNAP!

"of Atlanta radio".

That's the qualifier.

Then he was a great American... and an example to others. I like that. And I can understand the 'hero'... but, to me, the word gets bandied around too much.

"of Atlanta radio".

That's the qualifier.

Then he was a great American... and an example to others. I like that. And I can understand the 'hero'... but, to me, the word gets bandied around too much.

Thats why I had the qualifier.

Forum List

Back