University Shouldn’t Punish Me for Not Addressing Male Student as ‘Ms.

RightNorLeft

Platinum Member
Jul 30, 2010
Returning from a sabbatical in my 21st year at Ohio’s Shawnee State University, I resumed teaching my regular political philosophy course.

Taking questions in one such class at the end of my first day back, I acknowledged a male student with a “Yes, sir?” (It’s my practice to address my students in this way and to call them Miss, Mrs., or Mr. to foster an atmosphere of seriousness and mutual respect.)

After class, the student approached me to explain that he identifies as a woman and hereafter expected me to refer to him with feminine titles and pronouns.

“I’m not sure I can do that,” I told him.

He didn’t like that. He began to pace in circles around me, his voice rising and taking on an edge. He suggested an unprintable name he might feel free to call me if I declined to indulge his demands. Moreover, he said, he would see to it that I lost my job.

So far, that hasn’t happened, but I do have a letter of discipline in my file now that says I treated this particular student differently than other students by referring to him by his given name rather than as “Ms.” and “she.”

This is what Obama and the Left have given us

That’s all. No other allegations of hostile conduct or even of an unfair grade for the student were ever filed.

Consequently, I found it necessary to file a grievance against the university for violating my First Amendment protections of speech and religious freedom. My objections to the student’s request were based on my own philosophical and religious convictions, which the university blithely ignored.

I also believe I should have a certain amount of freedom, within my own classroom, to determine the exact language I do and do not use when teaching my class. The university denied me that freedom, as well. And it also denied my grievance.

Returning from a sabbatical in my 21st year at Ohio’s Shawnee State University, I resumed teaching my regular political philosophy course.

Taking questions in one such class at the end of my first day back, I acknowledged a male student with a “Yes, sir?” (It’s my practice to address my students in this way and to call them Miss, Mrs., or Mr. to foster an atmosphere of seriousness and mutual respect.)

After class, the student approached me to explain that he identifies as a woman and hereafter expected me to refer to him with feminine titles and pronouns.

He didn’t like that. He began to pace in circles around me, his voice rising and taking on an edge. He suggested an unprintable name he might feel free to call me if I declined to indulge his demands. Moreover, he said, he would see to it that I lost my job.

So far, that hasn’t happened, but I do have a letter of discipline in my file now that says I treated this particular student differently than other students by referring to him by his given name rather than as “Ms.” and “she.”

That’s all. No other allegations of hostile conduct or even of an unfair grade for the student were ever filed.

Consequently, I found it necessary to file a grievance against the university for violating my First Amendment protections of speech and religious freedom. My objections to the student’s request were based on my own philosophical and religious convictions, which the university blithely ignored.

I also believe I should have a certain amount of freedom, within my own classroom, to determine the exact language I do and do not use when teaching my class. The university denied me that freedom, as well. And it also denied my grievance.

You should quit and got to work at Trump University.

1598809665168.png

Should have said that he is not a she based on science though. Its not his body that is wrong but his mind. Some sort of chemical/hormonal balance not correct. Likely did occur before birth though.. Often happens to the offspring of women (and males but mostly women) who abuse substance or take therapeutic drugs that apparently affect developing cells.

I would prefer to address them as bitch, bitch ass, or even better ..... wannabe bitch ass .....

Then one could add whatever prefix that makes them feeeeeel better.

Ms. Wannabe bitch ass ......

Mr. Wannabe bitch ass.....

See .... and then everything should be just fine.

Surely that would be just as appropriate as addressing a male as Ms. ...... Right?

Take both it and the university to court and make them prove that it is indeed a woman by definition. Make sure the judge is clear about proper English terminology and usage.

If they cannot, have your lawyer explain that any further harassment, or suppression of your career, will result in your seeking substantial damages.

I mean, if someone claimed to be Napoleon in your class, would you be expected to refer to them as "The Emperor"?

You should quit and got to work at Trump University.

. . and tell me, why should your POV be the only one the gets to dominate?

Why do we have to force folks to comply?

Did you dream of living in the Soviet Union when you were little, or was that before your time?

. . . . if so, that would explain a lot.

Mister Perfesser here doesn't have the excuse of ignorance for the third-person "he, he, him" trope, the sexual titles, and the unwanted name-calling. If a student raises questions or discussion of general interest in class, the professor may answer the questions or continue the discussion without respect of persons, without sexually harassing a student, and without calling out or picking on any particular student in a sexually inappropriate or unwanted manner. The student's homework and in-class exams may be graded to the same standards as all the other students without regard to sex or gender identity or any other attribute, whether perceived or real. It doesn't relate to the subject matter of the course, and the perfesser doesn't need to harp on it to express or satisfy his own sexual desires and urges. This may be a case of too much unwanted or inappropriate individual attention in class. Grade the course work fairly, and hands off the kids.

You evidently don't understand what mutual respect is.

Perhaps file a lawsuit against the University for violating his freedom of speech and equal protection.

Relevant reading...

How To Stamp Out Cultural Marxism In A Single Generation

Snip...(It's a very long piece)

Feel no shame: Social justice relies on shaming tactics, usually by slandering an opponent with a label that does not really apply to him, in order to control his arguments and behavior. If you don’t care about being called a bigot, a racist, a sexist, a misogynist, a homophobe, etc., then there is not really much that they can do to you.

Do not self-censor: This does not mean you should go out of your way to be antagonistic or act like an ass, but the thought police have power only if you give power to them. Say what you want to say when you want to say it, and do it with a smile. Let the PC police froth and scream until they have an aneurism. Cultural Marxists are generally weaklings. They avoid physical confrontation like they avoid logic, so why fear them?

Let cultural Marxists know their fears and feelings do not matter: No one is entitled to have their feelings addressed by others. And, a person’s fears are ultimately unimportant. Whether the issue is the nonexistent “rape culture” or the contempt cultural Marxists feel over private gun ownership, their irrational fears are not our concern. Why should any individual relinquish his liberties in the name of placating frightened nobodies?

Demand that society respect your inherent individual rights: Collectivism’s ultimate propaganda message is that there is no such thing as inherent rights or liberties and that all rights are arbitrary and subject to the whims of the group or the state. This is false...

Maintain your rights; they do not hurt other people: PC cultists will invariably argue that every person, whether he knows it or not, is indirectly harming others with his attitude, his beliefs, his refusal to associate, even his very breathing. "We live in a society", they say, "and everything we do affects everyone else...". Don’t take such accusations seriously; these people do not understand how freedom works.

Refuse to deny the scientific fact of biological gender: Gender is first and foremost a genetic imperative. Society does not determine gender roles; nature does. A man who chops up his body and takes hormone pills to look like a woman is not and will never be a woman. A woman who tapes down her breasts and gets a short haircut will never be a man. There is no such thing as “transgendered” people. No amount of social justice or wishful thinking will ever allow them to reverse their genetic proclivities. Their psychological and sexual leanings do not change their inborn biological reality.

By extension, we should refuse to play along with this nonsense. I will never refer to a man in a wig and dress as a “woman.” I will never refer to a woman with identity issues as “transgendered.” They are what nature made them, and we should not police our pronouns just to falsely reassure them that they can deny nature.

Deny the illusion of Utopian equality: There is no such thing as pure equality. Society is not a homogeneous entity, it is an abstraction built around a group of unique individuals. Individuals can be naturally gifted, or naturally challenged. But there will always be some people who are more apt towards success than others.

Whats next - Charlie sheen whining that somebody else doesn't understand sobriety?

Last edited:
A person can always go by their last name like Slater did from the Saved By The Bell show.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. His first and middle initials were used here and there too, A.C. that is.

I DEMAND that everybody here at usmb calls me the one true God!

After all, my good friend moonglow thinks you should as a sign of respect.

Oh, and I will smite thee if you dont!!

There is nothing to be gained from respecting delusion and insanity.

There is nothing to be gained from respecting delusion and insanity.
Like when I must tolerate religious people and their invisible Gods?

I DEMAND that everybody here at usmb calls me the one true God!

After all, my good friend moonglow thinks you should as a sign of respect.

Oh, and I will smite thee if you dont!!
I don't have to so shit I didn't claim to be respectful, in fact you are more than likely going to get the opposite of respect from me.. So shove it..

Forum List

Back