University of Virginia declines Obama request to speak on campus

Why would it be necessary to do that?

Talk to the University. They were the ones who said almost 200 classes would have to be cancelled for the visit.

*shrug* and they wouldn't have needed cancelled if the president had chosen to speak at the stadium?

Again, the university had the right to decline the president, I simply think the reason had more to do with disliking him rather then the issue of cost or disrupting class.

yes, you do.

No shit. Liberals stop cloning yourselves. It's painfully obvious.

Did the student vote on if they wanted the opportunity to listen to the president speak?

should the university cancel all their classes for the mirror kisser in chief?

University officials said the Obama campaign wanted to use one of two outdoor venues – the school’s Amphitheater or the Harrison-Small Library plaza – when the president visits Charlottesville on Wednesday, according to NBC affiliate WVIR-TV.

School officials said more than 186 classes would have to be cancelled, in the first week of the fall semester.

:eusa_whistle:

Again, the university had the right to decline the president, I simply think the reason had more to do with disliking him rather then the issue of cost or disrupting class.

Could be. Remember AZ U. Dumbest school in the country.

The rw's are always saying that colleges and universities are hot beds of liberalism. Undoubtedly true since the people at colleges and universities are, by definition, better educated than rw's are comfortable with.

That's okay though. rw's never hesitate to change their position if it fits their agenda. Reason for that is they're incapable of "critical thinking".

should the university cancel all their classes for the mirror kisser in chief?

Talk to the University. They were the ones who said almost 200 classes would have to be cancelled for the visit.

They probably would have to cancel all those classes for security purposes and only certain students would be allowed to attend the speech. The security on campus would be attrocious. Hell, they shut down a large part of Downtown Tampa this week for the RNC.

At least for the President, there is a valid reason for closing areas down for security purposes. This crap in Tampa is just plain ridiculous.

Immie

It's their right to decline, although it seems petty to me to do so.

Not really. They simply could not afford it.

Rs will try to make it something else but they're hoping people don't read the article.

OTOH, they probably could afford mittens.

if the university could not afford it, WHY did they offer Obama the arena in the first place?

*shrug* and they wouldn't have needed cancelled if the president had chosen to speak at the stadium?

Apparently they think so. I did 'nt claim they'd have to do it... THEY did. Again, whine to them. Also, if they did not like Obama, why offer him the larger venue in the first place???

Last edited:
The amount of deflection by liberals in here is staggering.

Obama was offered the largest venue at the university... he refused it and wanted one of two smaller venues... the university declined.

Obama wanted the smaller venues because he'd look like a smacked ass when he failed to fill the arena to overflowing.

Who's deflecting?

I'm curious what the difference to the university was that they were willing to go to the cost and burden of canceling classes and security if he wanted the arena but not either of the smaller venues.

Also, of course he doesn't want the arena! That picture of Romney in the middle of the field was everywhere when it was 1st snapped, whole articles written about it. Very few journalist were willing to admit that there were actually a lot of people there however it was so large it made it seem as if no one wanted to hear him speak. Only a fool would want to repeat that.

Who's deflecting?
You

I'm curious what the difference to the university was that they were willing to go to the cost and burden of canceling classes and security if he wanted the arena but not either of the smaller venues.
The arena is in a isolated area of the campus... I doubt classes would have had to be cancelled... The other locations would definitely have disrupted classes...

This requires you to think... Not sure you're willing to do that...

Also, of course he doesn't want the arena! That picture of Romney in the middle of the field was everywhere when it was 1st snapped, whole articles written about it. Very few journalist were willing to admit that there were actually a lot of people there however it was so large it made it seem as if no one wanted to hear him speak. Only a fool would want to repeat that.
That's the premise already put forward by the OP...

You're a bit slow on the uptake, aren't you?

lol, UVA. Beautiful campus with some real winners studying there. For the most part its not the sort of place I can see a rally but then again, VA is a big deal in this election.

I would not look to much into this. UVA's campus is a bit small compared to others, so the fact that school is back in session I can understand UVA telling a campaign to beat feet.

I went to school in Tallahassee, the reason FSU has to travel to UVA, VT and the Carolina schools to play on Thursday night games is because Tallahassee is a state capital and has 80K plus kids going to school, and not to forget FAMU as well. One cant just stop the FL governments business and classes for a college football game. Same goes for a political speech I would think.

FSU? That's a women's school isn't it?

I thought the premise of the OP was that Obamas popularity was in decline and he was too chicken to not take the arena. Not that filling an arena is difficult and that candidates are smart to avoid venues that they can't pack.

Silly me :)

They go hand in hand, numbnuts....

You don't think much, do you?

I thought the premise of the OP was that Obamas popularity was in decline and he was too chicken to not take the arena. Not that filling an arena is difficult and that candidates are smart to avoid venues that they can't pack.

Silly me :)

If one reads the posts of Obama supporters they would believe Obama is highly popular and a virtual shoe-in to earn a second term.
I apparently the Obama camp is somewhat insecure. He he...

Forum List

Back