Should Trump Insist on his Constitutional Right to Speedy Trials?

Here's my suggestion for you, Arlette: Since you prefer to argue against what you wish I said, instead of what i said, you should create a sock, and then have it say the things you want to argue against.

That way, when you tell it, "You are basically saying . . . " you'll be right! Because that will be what you had it say.
Your post indicated that Trump needs a jury that will overlook damning evidence and vote their political preference. I drew my conclusion. Deal with it.

She is a scumbag POS Trump homer! She needs to recuse herself for a conflict of interest. She won't let any cameras in the courtroom, because she has something to hide!
Cameras in the courtroom should be the last thing anti-Trumpers would want. They will already have to deal with wall-to-wall Trump coverage. When Trump's lawyers cross-examine the government's witness, or when Trump's lawyers present his case, the last thing you should want is millions of people watching and millions more seeing it on Youtube that evening.

Cameras in the courtroom should be the last thing anti-Trumpers would want. They will already have to deal with wall-to-wall Trump coverage. When Trump's lawyers cross-examine the government's witness, or when Trump's lawyers present his case, the last thing you should want is millions of people watching and millions more seeing it on Youtube that evening.
Are you kidding me? Trumps' goose is cooked! All the evidence against Trump, is Trump himself. His own big mouth is going to send him to prison and I want to see that when it happens. And it will happen 4 times. Boo-yah!

Biden was left with a $3.13 trillion deficit from Trump. And Trump wanted more stimulus than the Democrats wanted.

Reducing the deficit to $1.38 trillion is a move in the right direction.

Obama inherited a massive deficit from Bush, and then spent the next 8 years reducing the deficit.

Then Trump spent the next four years increasing the deficit.

Now another Democrat has to get the deficit reduced from what he inherited from his predecessor.

See a pattern?

defict-over-time.jpg
It’s the red wave.

Oh, I see your confusion. Trump was speaking about Hillary, not himself.

It would be impossible to govern with multiple criminal investigations and indictments to deal with - for H. Clinton. Trump has already shown he can govern for four years with a nearly deranged FBI and DOJ in full pursuit over what has now been confirmed as a deliberate hoax AND a deranged Congress impeaching him for allegedly doing something that Biden bragged about doing.

Trump will be fine and WITHOUT people with dirt on him hanging themselves in their cells.
Pretzel logic. :uhoh3:

She is a scumbag POS Trump homer! She needs to recuse herself for a conflict of interest. She won't let any cameras in the courtroom, because she has something to hide!
Actually it is because of federal law you clueless twit.
But nice parroting of innacurate fringe-right talking points.
I heard them using that one myself a few days ago.....until they realized cameras aren't allowed in federal courtrooms in the first place.....and even if they were it would be solely up to the defense to have them there or not.
So they had shut up repeating this by the very next day.
I see you are running slightly behind the curve.

A fine woman and a credit to the courts.
Agreed.

I do fault her for setting the trial date in May.

Trump wanted to push it back to after the election while Smith wants it to start right before beginning of the election year. So she compromises by splitting the time in half almost exactly.

Makes no sense. Either admit the obvious, that the election is driving the trial, or pretend as a legal fiction that the election has no bearing on the trial.

If the former, then delay the trial until after the election so they dont get away with it. If the latter, start the trial when the prosecutor is ready unless Team Trump has a non election related reason to delay it.

Maybe the bit/coin scammer Bankman/Fried should ask for a speedy trial. Nobody has seen him since he was extradited from the Virgin Islands and it became evident that he donated millions to the Biden campaign.
Red herring fallacy, failed attempt to deflect.

The topic is about Trump’s appropriate, lawful, and warranted criminal prosecution.

Actually it is because of federal law you clueless twit.
But nice parroting of innacurate fringe-right talking points.
I heard them using that one myself a few days ago.....until they realized cameras aren't allowed in federal courtrooms in the first place.....and even if they were it would be solely up to the defense to have them there or not.
So they had shut up repeating this by the very next day.
I see you are running slightly behind the curve.
The Derek Chauvin case had cameras in the courtroom. That was a federal case. Certain trials are so important to the country, that they warrant public pervuy.

Trump's strident abuse of officers of the court and their families may not be the most sound approach to refuting charges against him.

Nor is his pleading, "You can't allow me my Constitutional right for a speedy trial when I'm running for president!"

if that were the case, every criminal charged with a crime would declare that he is a candidate for the presidency (although, characters like Ru Giuliani and Wally Nauta vying with Trump for the GOP nomination would be decidedly mirthful. And Trump's dozens of fake electors throwing their hats into the ring as they are charged would add to the fun!)

In this case, the accused, rather than dragging his flabby fat arse, should be demanding his 6th Amendment right to speedy trials in all his litigations.

The clearest path to the White House for Trump is to avail himself of his opportunity to clear his name in all prosecutions as expeditiously as possible.

A federal judge in Florida has scheduled a trial date for next May for Trump in a case charging him with illegally retaining hundreds of classified documents.
The May 20, 2024, trial date, set Friday by U.S. District Judge Aileen Cannon, is a compromise between a request from prosecutors to set the trial for this December and a bid by defense lawyers to schedule it after the 2024 presidential election.
If the date holds, it would follow close on the heels of a separate New York trial for Trump on dozens of state charges of falsifying business records. It also means the trial will not start until deep into the presidential nominating calendar and probably well after the Republican nominee is clear — though before that person is officially nominated at the Republican National Convention.
Trump could yet face additional trials in the coming year. He revealed this week that he had received a letter informing him that he was a target of a separate Justice Department investigation into efforts to undo the 2020 presidential election, and prosecutors in Georgia plan to announce charging decisions within weeks in an investigation into attempts by Trump and his allies to subvert the vote there.

By pushing for an expedited schedule and venues for his various trials, Trump could then coordinate his trumpery jamborees accordingly, making them into gala affairs that lend themselves readily to witness intimidation. His political campaign and his prosecutorial exposure will be shamelessly conflated by him anyway.

Even though the President has scrupulously avoided Trump's legal problems, Trump will play the martyr and whine that Joe Biden is being very mean to him.

Trump's "Lets' fart around" strategy is a missed opportunity.

View attachment 806619
................"He's scared shitless."

Why prolong the anxiety?

Trump does not want a speedy trial because there is no way he can beat all the legal problems he has. Instead he just want to use his legal issues as a battle cry for his supporters. Innocent until proven guilty.

IF he had the trial and was found guilty, then republicans would be split between those who do not care and does who still buy into law and order.

Right now he can claim he is innocent which would be a rally call for some to his defense and false claims of the government is out to get me still holds sway with them.

Yet Republicans are doing the same thing against Biden. Define Irony?

I also believe that some republicans will not go for this.

Democrats will not accept this and this should galvanize the number of people who will be voting. The last vote was a record turnout.

Trump legal issues question how Republicans can still call themselves the law and order party.
Gee, how the mighty have fallen.

The last card for Trump is if he wins, then he will pardon himself. Another impeachment might be tried but I doubt that it will result in his removal because it depends on the vote count and not justice.

Well in another 4 years he can run again.

Yeah right, just like Biden has to answer to the law ASAP. Gimme a fukking break you people are a joke. You don't even admit to the obvious corruption in the DOJ.
Is that going to be the extent of Trump's defense against a record number of felony charges?
"I'm INNOCENT! It's the LAW that is the criminal!"
Said every convicted felon....ever.
Yeah.....good luck with that one.

Trump does not want a speedy trial because there is no way he can beat all the legal problems he has. Instead he just want to use his legal issues as a battle cry for his supporters. Innocent until proven guilty.

IF he had the trial and was found guilty, then republicans would be split between those who do not care and does who still buy into law and order.

Right now he can claim he is innocent which would be a rally call for some to his defense and false claims of the government is out to get me still holds sway with them.

Yet Republicans are doing the same thing against Biden. Define Irony?

I also believe that some republicans will not go for this.

Democrats will not accept this and this should galvanize the number of people who will be voting. The last vote was a record turnout.

Trump legal issues question how Republicans can still call themselves the law and order party.
Gee, how the mighty have fallen.

The last card for Trump is if he wins, then he will pardon himself. Another impeachment might be tried but I doubt that it will result in his removal because it depends on the vote count and not justice.

Well in another 4 years he can run again.
The whole premise of that posts lies in your supposed belief that the DOJ/FBI is an apolitical organization dedicated only to ensuring that the law is enforced and enforced equally for all, regardless of their station in life, or role in politics.

How can you believe that?

The whole premise of that posts lies in your supposed belief that the DOJ/FBI is an apolitical organization dedicated only to ensuring that the law is enforced and enforced equally for all, regardless of their station in life, or role in politics.

How can you believe that?

The DOJ/FBI only investigate and reports its findings. It is up to the judicial system to determine guilt or innocence. Based on the court system they will be set free or sentenced to do additional jail time.

The DOJ/FBI does not convict or sentence people. Yeah they may be jailed temporarily until they make bail or until charges have to be filed which is set by the states. Still the right to a speedy trial is a reality.

It is that simple, it is there duty to investigate a crime if there is solid evidence of a crime. If the court does not convict then the person walks.

DOJ/FBI is apolitical. You just believe that they are not. They can only arrest if there is evidence that a crime is committed and that the person did the crime. Politics has nothing to do with it.

Republicans in congress are the ones who are not apolitical.

IF you have more specific example then provide it, then I can answer more definitively

Provide an argument that the FBI and DOJ is not apolitical.

Yes.

There are plenty of other issue, but it would be great if this could be a referendum on whether the voters want the government to continue to be weaponized against political enemies.

If he wins, Trump needs to be the bigger man and not let it continue to be weaponized, but turned on his opponents.

when ever, has trump "been the bigger man?" (in the metaphorical, rather than fat sense of course.)

Forum List

Back