University of Virginia declines Obama request to speak on campus

:lol::lol::lol:

University of Virginia declines Obama request to speak on campus

The University of Virginia has declined President Obama’s request to speak on campus next week, citing security costs and the disruption of classes.

University spokesperson Carol Wood confirmed to the TV station that President Obama will not be speaking at the university.

And the university’s communications office said Friday, school officials offered John Paul Jones Arena, but were told it "was not academic enough" by the Obama for America campaign.
This is what he asked for...
uvaHarrison_3_main.jpg

or

onarch-amphitheater-0917jpg.jpg

And this is what he was offered, and turned down...
arena_floor001b.jpg

Interesting. They offer the Obama campaign the largest facility on campus, and they say no, we want these much smaller venues.

Didn't Obama fill Mile High stadium once upon a time? My, how the mighty have fallen. Afraid he can't even fill a university arena.

Totally within their right. Now...the story in this is.......?

something you apparently are not intelligent enough to see, even though it's been pointed out in several posts.

Why would it be necessary to do that?

OK, then they just cut classes

They are adults. I think they can make that choice. Im sure it's not the only time they choose between attending a class or doing something else.

the responsible thing to do would be to attend class.

The responsible thing for UVA to do would be to not waste money on the mirror kisser

ps perhaps you missed this so I will help you

"The University of Virginia has declined President Obama’s request to speak on campus next week, citing security costs and the disruption of classes."

Last edited:
It's their right to decline, although it seems petty to me to do so.

Not really. They simply could not afford it.

Rs will try to make it something else but they're hoping people don't read the article.

OTOH, they probably could afford mittens.

should the university cancel all their classes for the mirror kisser in chief?

Why would it be necessary to do that?

Talk to the University. They were the ones who said almost 200 classes would have to be cancelled for the visit.

*shrug* and they wouldn't have needed cancelled if the president had chosen to speak at the stadium?

Again, the university had the right to decline the president, I simply think the reason had more to do with disliking him rather then the issue of cost or disrupting class.

Forum List

Back