Univ. of Illinois prof says algebra and geometry are RACIST!!

ROFL! I laugh, but it is kind of SCARY to think that these people are allowed to teach anyone. This explains a lot of where people get their silly ideas.

It does prove that dumb can be disguised as almost anything. I mean a math practitioner you would expect to be very fact and results driven, but this poor woman has been dunked in a vat of liberal goop, and it has short circuited the logic function of her brain. May want to transfer her to the head of the Women’s Studies Department, no offense intended to the women here who see this for what it is.

Some people can be very smart in one area and dumb in all other areas, I think, including having any kind of common sense. Lol.
Common sense cannot be taught, but must be learned with the many years of ones life. But my signature speaks for those that are just too stupid to have any common sense for they never grew up and will always be petulant spoiled little children.

Blacks are terrible at math. That's why blacks want math banned. Blacks are bad at everything outside of sports.

Prof: Algebra, geometry perpetuate white privilege

oct 23 2017 A math education professor at the University of Illinois argued in a newly published book that algebraic and geometry skills perpetuate “unearned privilege” among whites.

Rochelle Gutierrez, a professor at the University of Illinois, made the claim in a new anthology for math teachers, arguing that teachers must be aware of the “politics that mathematics brings” in society.

“On many levels, mathematics itself operates as Whiteness. Who gets credit for doing and developing mathematics, who is capable in mathematics, and who is seen as part of the mathematical community is generally viewed as White,” Gutierrez argued.

Gutierrez also worries that algebra and geometry perpetuate privilege, fretting that “curricula emphasizing terms like Pythagorean theorem and pi perpetuate a perception that mathematics was largely developed by Greeks and other Europeans."
Asians.

Blacks are terrible at math. That's why blacks want math banned. Blacks are bad at everything outside of sports.

oct 23 2017 A math education professor at the University of Illinois argued in a newly published book that algebraic and geometry skills perpetuate “unearned privilege” among whites.

Rochelle Gutierrez, a professor at the University of Illinois, made the claim in a new anthology for math teachers, arguing that teachers must be aware of the “politics that mathematics brings” in society.

“On many levels, mathematics itself operates as Whiteness. Who gets credit for doing and developing mathematics, who is capable in mathematics, and who is seen as part of the mathematical community is generally viewed as White,” Gutierrez argued.

Gutierrez also worries that algebra and geometry perpetuate privilege, fretting that “curricula emphasizing terms like Pythagorean theorem and pi perpetuate a perception that mathematics was largely developed by Greeks and other Europeans."

This mental midget professor should be canned for incompetency!

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
Results Are Whatever

Only a Ray Cyst would demand competence from professors! You're revealing a bigoted bias in favor of getting the job done!! As long as Ms. Guitterez's heart is in the right place, why should we care where her mind is?

Ah yes, and everyone of these goofball bigoted posters has taken more calculus and math in college than Neil DeGrasse Tyson. LOL

HAHAHA. Tyson is an affirmative action baby and a media creation. Even if he was a genuine physicist it wouldn't prove anything. One person out of a billion tells you nothing. THINK, white-hating racist.

For those familiar with the Bell Curve, and the recent studies relative to race, gender, ethnicity, and so forth...

The average IQ in sub-Saharan Africa is approximately 70. The average IQ among African-Americans is 85. The overall average is, of course, 100.

No - it's 70 in america too. We're told it's 85 but it's 70. There are huge numbers of super dumb blacks that drop out of school when they're 12 and are not included in the IQ studies since they are based on students.

Ever heard Obama off the teleprompter? He sounds like a special ed student. Obama is a fool, glad he is just a citizen again.

Aunt Barry is a semi-literate affirmative action baby. That's why he's been so secretive about his past and why the press never investigated him.

Everything is racist.

Link or more info?

I believe Tipsy is making a general statement regarding the over sensitivity of some people as it relates to race. In other words, follow the news and pop culture and it seems what used to be considered benign towards race has somehow become racist, like math.
You dont think the op's own comments are racist or perhaps contibute to this "over sensitivity?" Or similar comments made on threads about race?

You dont think the op's own comments are racist or perhaps contibute to this "over sensitivity?" Or similar comments made on threads about race?

YOU are the racist since you support affirmative action. You want jobs and scholarships handed out based on skin color.!!! THINK, you miserable white-hating racist wretch.

YOU are the racist since you support affirmative action. You want jobs and scholarships handed out based on skin color.!!! THINK, you miserable white-hating racist wretch.

You have no idea what i want.

This isn't about math but it is typical of the explanations given for complicated subjects:

This is a question submitted on Quora.com

How can a uniform electric field give zig zag motion to the electron in the wire (see comment for description)?

This is my answer and the first one submitted:

A copper atom has 29 electrons. Most of them are going to stay with their nucleus, but they are all whirling around in their various orbitals. With billions of atoms in a wire the electrons being moved by the electric field are going to encounter the relatively stationary electrons and get bounced around somewhat and not just move in straight lines from negative to positive terminal.

============== Here are the kinds of answers given ===============

Jeff Verive, Engineer and Electronics hobbyist (1970-present)
Answered Aug 29

In any non-superconducting conductor with a potential difference across its end points, the mobile conduction band electrons move towards the more positive potential (though conventional current flows in the opposite direction). These electrons are not just affected by the potential difference across the wire, but also by all of the charged particles in the conductor. These other charged particles are also in motion - some more so than others - so the resultant effect is for conduction band electrons to have some amount of random (or “zig-zag”) motion in addition to their motion from one end of the conductor to another. The average distance traveled by each of these electrons is greater than the physical conductor length.

=========================================================

Mark Barton, PhD in Physics, The University of Queensland, physicist with National Astronomical Observatory of Japan
Answered Aug 30

As you gather, the job of the battery to create (and defend) a potential difference between the terminals, at least on the public side. (On the inside there’s a lot of messy chemistry that we physicists like to leave to the chemists.)

But the whole point of a potential difference is that along any path between the two points, you see the same net amount of electric field, in the precise sense that the integral of the dot product of vectors representing small displacements along the path and the vector representing the electric field cone out to the potential difference. Equivalently, if you integrate the mechanical work done on a small test charge, you get the same value (the PD times the charge) regardless of the path.

The electric field can have a very complicated pattern in the space between the terminals and you’re under no obligation to attempt make any path follow the field at any point, and yet the integral of the field between the terminals is still the same. Of course if there’s no movable charge in some or all of the space between the terminals then any paths through that area are not very interesting, but there’s still typically an electric field and principle you could move a test charge through it.

It’s when there’s a wire that things get interesting. If you put the wire in the space but don’t actually connect it to the terminals, charge moves around in the wire to cancel the electric field within the wire. That means there has to be a large electric field in the gaps between the terminals and the ends of the wire. And if you do connect the wire to the terminals then it tries to reduce the PD between the terminals and forces the battery to defend it by moving fresh charge onto the terminals. If the wire is very conductive, the battery will probably lose, and the PD will fall, but if the wire is resistive, the wire will lose and fail to reduce the PD between its ends to zero because of Ohm’s law.

==================================

I have been involved with electronics for decades and worked for IBM. The last two answers are usual and make things more difficult to understand. I have played dumb with White guys to see what kind of BS they would tell me. I found it amusing when I was young.

I have told people that White men confuse their egos with their intellects.

Black Americans should have been letting each other know what the good books are for decades, but if anything Black Americans are more stingy with knowledge than palefaces. With the right books, who needs schools?

Accounting Theory and Practice (1917) by Roy Kester
Accounting Theory and Practice : Roy Bernard Kester : Free Download & Streaming : Internet Archive

Calculus Made Easy, (1914) by Silvanus Thompson
http://www.gutenberg.org/files/33283/33283-pdf.pdf

Teach Yourself Electricity and Electronics (2006) by Stan Gibilisco
teach yourself electricity and electronics

EveryCircuit by Igor Vytyaz
EveryCircuit - Android Apps on Google Play

psik

Dear Old Rocks person: What percentage of the membership of NSBE is licensed Professional Engineers?

While one can get an "engineering" degree in a number of - shall we say - questionable ways, in order to get that P.E. stamp you have to - at least once in your life - know your stuff.

What is the percentage?

Everything is racist.

Link or more info?

I believe Tipsy is making a general statement regarding the over sensitivity of some people as it relates to race. In other words, follow the news and pop culture and it seems what used to be considered benign towards race has somehow become racist, like math.

Hard to determine if the chicken or the egg came first, but making declarations that math is racist leads me to believe it makes no difference. The way to prove a racist wrong, in this case, would for blacks to excel at math, not declare math racist.

I believe Tipsy is making a general statement regarding the over sensitivity of some people as it relates to race

Those people being most conservatives, who tend to instantly try to make every single thing entirely about race. See this thread as an example.

One math prof was a dumbass. Liberals shrugged and said "what a dumbass". Conservatives, as they usually due, went on a whinefest about how everything was about race. Some white supremacist mouthbreathers started babbling how blacks were inferior and criminal, while some paternalistic racists regaled us with tales of the "plantation."

The funniest thing is how it's the biggest dumbasses here saying how other races are intellectually inferior. Self-awareness is not their strong point.

I believe Tipsy is making a general statement regarding the over sensitivity of some people as it relates to race

Those people being most conservatives, who tend to instantly try to make every single thing entirely about race. See this thread as an example.

One math prof was a dumbass. Liberals shrugged and said "what a dumbass". Conservatives, as they usually due, went on a whinefest about how everything was about race. Some white supremacist mouthbreathers started babbling how blacks were inferior and criminal, while some paternalistic racists regaled us with tales of the "plantation."

The funniest thing is how it's the biggest dumbasses here saying how other races are intellectually inferior. Self-awareness is not their strong point.

The correspondent from Opposite World heard from ^^^^^^^

I get your point, there are people on the right who do their best to perpetuate the misconception that the majority of conservatives are racist dolts. There are at least an equal number of those on the left who use terms like “dog speak racist” to imply anything said by someone on the right is somehow racist. There are racist Neanderthals on the right, no doubt. But you on the left have your hate whitey crowd too. In fact, many are considered leaders, eg. Sharpton, Jackson, Wright, and sometimes even BO.

Asians.

161al0.jpg

Forum List

Back