Univ. of Illinois prof says algebra and geometry are RACIST!!

Lol, liberals are scared that if blacks get an education, they will leave the plantation. Then you won't get their votes. That is why liberals are against charter schools and vouchers.

Blacks are difficult to educate beyond the 8th grade (judging by SAT scores). God knows we try with massive education funding for blacks. I don't think libtards have to worry about blacks getting an education.

Libtards oppose charter schools and vouchers because libtards want to remain in control of the ideology school children learn, as a form of state-established religion. Yes, libtards want to keep blacks on the plantation, but it's about ideology, not academics.

What does that have to do with a college professor saying Algebra and Geometry are racist?
you wanted a link for ''everything is racist''
so I added that link to the OP.......anything and everything is racist to blacks
whatever they perceive in their minds
they are so obsessed with racism--that even singing is racist
their obsession blinds them from the truth

Blacks are terrible at math. That's why blacks want math banned. Blacks are bad at everything outside of sports.

Prof: Algebra, geometry perpetuate white privilege

oct 23 2017 A math education professor at the University of Illinois argued in a newly published book that algebraic and geometry skills perpetuate “unearned privilege” among whites.

Rochelle Gutierrez, a professor at the University of Illinois, made the claim in a new anthology for math teachers, arguing that teachers must be aware of the “politics that mathematics brings” in society.

“On many levels, mathematics itself operates as Whiteness. Who gets credit for doing and developing mathematics, who is capable in mathematics, and who is seen as part of the mathematical community is generally viewed as White,” Gutierrez argued.

Gutierrez also worries that algebra and geometry perpetuate privilege, fretting that “curricula emphasizing terms like Pythagorean theorem and pi perpetuate a perception that mathematics was largely developed by Greeks and other Europeans."

Actually Asians, including Indians, are dominating in the mathematics and science fields. So her theory is flawed from the start. Actually math is the one thing that isn’t racist. It is universal neutral to all races. It is culturally unbiased.

This mental midget professor should be canned for incompetency!

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

What does that have to do with a college professor saying Algebra and Geometry are racist?
you wanted a link for ''everything is racist''
so I added that link to the OP.......anything and everything is racist to blacks
whatever they perceive in their minds
they are so obsessed with racism--that even singing is racist
their obsession blinds them from the truth

No. If you will look, that post #3 in this thread. No one has yet addressed what the professor said.

Blacks are terrible at math. That's why blacks want math banned. Blacks are bad at everything outside of sports.

Blacks excel at some sports. Blacks excel at crime, too.

What subject in schools are blacks good at? None, that I can tell. Why single out math, other than math most objectively displays their ineptitude.

Another dumb ass troll thread.

What does this have to do with current events?

ROFL! I laugh, but it is kind of SCARY to think that these people are allowed to teach anyone. This explains a lot of where people get their silly ideas.

It does prove that dumb can be disguised as almost anything. I mean a math practitioner you would expect to be very fact and results driven, but this poor woman has been dunked in a vat of liberal goop, and it has short circuited the logic function of her brain. May want to transfer her to the head of the Women’s Studies Department, no offense intended to the women here who see this for what it is.

Some people can be very smart in one area and dumb in all other areas, I think, including having any kind of common sense. Lol.

ROFL! I laugh, but it is kind of SCARY to think that these people are allowed to teach anyone. This explains a lot of where people get their silly ideas.

In the course of my life-----when young-----I did some tutoring of kids in high school plane geometry------EVERYONE CAN DO IT--------as soon as they get over their FEAR OF IT

In the course of my life-----when young-----I did some tutoring of kids in high school plane geometry------EVERYONE CAN DO IT--------as soon as they get over their FEAR OF IT

Is that some type of aeronautical mathematics?
:p

you flunked out of the 9th grade too?. PLANE GEOMETRY-------figures in two dimensions. ----
like triangles-----REMEMBER?

you flunked out of the 9th grade too?. PLANE GEOMETRY-------figures in two dimensions. ----
like triangles-----REMEMBER?

Barely....I haven't used it since the last geometry test I took

oct 23 2017 A math education professor at the University of Illinois argued in a newly published book that algebraic and geometry skills perpetuate “unearned privilege” among whites.

Rochelle Gutierrez, a professor at the University of Illinois, made the claim in a new anthology for math teachers, arguing that teachers must be aware of the “politics that mathematics brings” in society.

“On many levels, mathematics itself operates as Whiteness. Who gets credit for doing and developing mathematics, who is capable in mathematics, and who is seen as part of the mathematical community is generally viewed as White,” Gutierrez argued.

Gutierrez also worries that algebra and geometry perpetuate privilege, fretting that “curricula emphasizing terms like Pythagorean theorem and pi perpetuate a perception that mathematics was largely developed by Greeks and other Europeans."

Actually Asians, including Indians, are dominating in the mathematics and science fields. So her theory is flawed from the start. Actually math is the one thing that isn’t racist. It is universal neutral to all races. It is culturally unbiased.

Indeed! The square root of 25 is always 5. Unless you are black, then God only knows what it may be.

I've never been great at math (except algebra). I rely on a calculator most of the time because I don't trust my own calculations to not have an error. :D However, to say that math is "racist" is completely ridiculous, unbelievable.

Indeed! The square root of 25 is always 5. Unless you are black, then God only knows what it may be.

What about -5?

(-5)^2 is also 25.

Sorry! Math teachers can't let that pass by!

What about -5?

(-5)^2 is also 25.

Sorry! Math teachers can't let that pass by!
Stop being so negative.

Forum List

Back