Uniters & Dividers

Flying Duck

Aug 8, 2004
I heard clip a from Bush yesterday where Bush urged people to vote for Republicans and "discerning Democrats." Can you imagine Kerry telling people to vote for "discerning Republicans?"

Interesting point and a major difference between BUsh and Kerry IMO. Bush wants whats best for the US, Kerry wants power back for the Dems.

Flying Duck said:
I heard clip a from Bush yesterday where Bush urged people to vote for Republicans and "discerning Democrats." Can you imagine Kerry telling people to vote for "discerning Republicans?"

There are high profile "discerning Democrats" that Bush was refering to specifically. As much as I am gladened to hear of a party high-up calling for sensible voting practices, he was probably thinking along the lines of Zell Miller et al.

This seems akin to the "not naming any names" re: mistakes in appointing people. He's not being specific, but its not hard to speculate as to whom he was specifically refering.

I'd like to see a transcript of this clip to check out the context. Cheers!

nakedemperor said:
There are high profile "discerning Democrats" that Bush was refering to specifically. As much as I am gladened to hear of a party high-up calling for sensible voting practices, he was probably thinking along the lines of Zell Miller et al.

This seems akin to the "not naming any names" re: mistakes in appointing people. He's not being specific, but its not hard to speculate as to whom he was specifically refering.

I'd like to see a transcript of this clip to check out the context. Cheers!

Here's your link. Sorry, no complete transcript so I'll rely upon what CBS news snipped for that article.

CBS: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/08/05/politics/main634311.shtml

"Don't overlook discerning Democrats and wise independents," Mr. Bush urged GOP activists attending an outdoor rally and eager to register new voters for the November election.

"I have to tell you that I think labels are very misleading. You've got to look at what people fight for and what they do," Kerry said.

CBS seems to think they were saying the same thing, but Kerry's is so nuanced that I can't really tell. I think what he was really nuancing was, "I'm not a liberal, despite the overwhleming amount of evidence that I am."

nakedemperor said:

Cheers!

....always looking for the 'evil' eh?

Forum List

Back