Unions in LA now want an excemption

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
It figures.....
L.A. labor leaders seek minimum wage exemption for firms with union workers - LA Times

Labor leaders, who were among the strongest supporters of the citywide minimum wage increase approved last week by the Los Angeles City Council, are advocating last-minute changes to the law that could create an exemption for companies with unionized workforces.
×Snip

Id refer everyone back to the statements of labor leaders over the past seven months that no one deserves a sub-minimum wage," said Ruben Gonzalez, senior vice president for public policy and political affairs with the Los Angeles Area Chamber of Commerce, which opposed the minimum wage increase passed by the City Council.

Gonzalez said the change sought by labor officials could pressure companies into letting employees unionize as a way to seek relief from the mandated wage hike.

"Once again, the soaring rhetoric of helping the working poor is just a cover for city government acting as a tool of organized labor," he said.

These unions want others to foot the bill, but then when they have to, they don't like the deal. Just like when the unions backed the ACA and then sought exemptions from the law. When will the voters finally wake up?

Yup I thought it was hilarious when 3 years later Unions finally figured out their Cadillac health plans were going to get taxed at 46% in 2018...

This is from the same file as Contract for Hire Ferguson Protestors Not Getting Paid and Democrats fighting against "War on Women" paying their women staff members $0.77 vs. The $1.00 they pay men. Who can also forget the group working to get $20/hr minimum wage advertising a job for a web designer that only pays $13/hr.

Only Democrats - do as I say, not as I do.

Thinking about this glad the Unions showed their true colors before they tried it national

Forum List

Back