Unions are (basically) Evil

When I say being a union member is detrimental to one's character, I'm not speaking of union violence or threats or deception, and that sort of thing. I'm talking about acceptance of a situation where your performance is irrelevant.

For example, a public school teacher. Even though they like to think of themselves as "professionals," there are many things that a "professional" would do without even thinking about it that a union-teacher won't even consider. Private tutoring sessions with problem students, off-hour meetings with parents, trying different teaching methods, and so on.

They support unions that knowingly protect the jobs and benefits of incompetents.

Any person who strives for excellence in what they do will be frustrated beyond belief when working in a union environment. They will be harassed, intimidated, accosted, and sanctioned for "making everyone else look bad." The unstated objective of every union is to get as much compensation for doing as little work as possible.

Which is why the non-union steelmakers and auto makers kick the asses of their unionized competitors.

I'm talking about acceptance of a situation where your performance is irrelevant.

I worked for non-union shops before I got into the union. On union jobs you were expected to produce. If you didn't you were gone.

Quite often we were hired to finish a job that a scab contractor screwed up with his untrained workforce.

. Dear if you own a factory men with guns come unless you recognize the union, bargain in good faith, let them close down your factory on your property, don't hire replacements etc etc.

Tell me where that has ever happened. Factories shut down by men with guns? Name one.

dear, why be so stupid?? Nobody said men come with guns to shut down a factory. Rather, liberal govt men with guns come for the owners unless the owners recognize the union, bargain in good faith, let the union close down your factory , don't hire replacements etc etc.

Do you have the IQ to understand what I wrote above??

I worked for non-union shops before I got into the union. On union jobs you were expected to produce. If you didn't you were gone.

of course thats a stupid liberal lie. Unions make it almost impossible to fire someone. A non union shop can ax you in an instant if you don't perform or even if they don't like you. American unions drove 30 million jobs off shore and so should be made illegal again.

dear, why be so stupid?? Nobody said men come with guns to shut down a factory. Rather, liberal govt men with guns come for the owners unless the owners recognize the union, bargain in good faith, let the union close down your factory , don't hire replacements etc etc.

Again, just tell me of one place in the U.S. where that has happened.

The Kohler strike in northern Wisconsin went on for 40 years before some kind of truce was made. No government agency threatened to shut them down.

A fabricator calling someone stupid for not believing his delusions. Ain't that rich!

of course thats a stupid liberal lie. Unions make it almost impossible to fire someone. A non union shop can ax you in an instant if you don't perform or even if they don't like you. American unions drove 30 million jobs off shore and so should be made illegal again.

Face it. You know nothing about unions. I have been in several unions during my working life and never saw a place where employees couldn't be fired whenever the company chose.

Those 30 million jobs were offshored because the American owners wanted cheap Asian labor. Union or non-union, Americans can't survive on $2/day.

100% stupid of course!!! it is the law and happens wherever there is a union in the USA

But you can't name one single incident.

Why not talk about something you have some knowledge of so you don't have to make up your own facts.

Face it. You know nothing about unions. I have been in several unions during my working life and never saw a place where employees couldn't be fired whenever the company chose.

dear, you lack the IQ to he here!!!!!!

Can My Boss Do That? | Discipline Rights for Union Workers
Can My Boss Do That Discipline Rights for Union Workers

A vital part of union contracts is protection against unfair discipline or firing. ... an issue to a neutral third person who makes a decision that everyone must accept) when the ... If workers were not treated the same, it is harder for a boss to defend ...

Those 30 million jobs were offshored because the American owners wanted cheap Asian labor. Union or non-union, Americans can't survive on $2/day.

dear we have 5% unemployment after the unions offshored 30 million jobs so unions guys found new jobs and survive at market wages, but not bloat on slimy liberal union wages.

Last edited:
But you can't name one single incident.

dear, you lack the IQ to be here. Every time there is a union there is the threat of govt violence if management does not obey union laws.

Is that easy enough for a low IQ liberal to understand??

dear, you lack the IQ to be here. Every time there is a union there is the threat of govt violence if management does not obey union laws.

Name one. No, you can't because it's your private myth.

Your apparent hatred of working people is your problem. Since you can't argue honestly I have no more time for this pointless discussion.

Name one. No, you can't because it's your private myth.

dear, you lack the IQ to be here as a typical liberal. All laws, including the Wagner Act, require the threat of govt violence.

Do you really lack the IQ to grasp that as a typical liberal.

One of the biggest problems we face today is the loss of power by labor and unions.

One of the biggest problems we face today is the loss of power by labor and unions.

stupid stupid liberal. if unions had more power lazy union slobs would get paid even more, work even less, and all of our jobs would be off shored.

stupid stupid liberal. if unions had more power lazy union slobs would get paid even more, work even less, and all of our jobs would be off shored.

The ability of companies to move jobs off shore is one way the unions lost power.

So like I said, one of the biggest problems we face today is the loss of power by labor and unions.

Maybe your next response will logically follow the conversation a lil better.

So like I said, one of the biggest problems we face today is the loss of power by labor and unions.

actually dear, the loss of union power is the one thing that has saved all of our jobs from being offshored!!

Do you have the IQ to understand?

If unions didn't lose power no jobs would have been off-shored.

so the libcommie wants to empower unions with the authority to prevent companies from moving off shore??

I was making a statement of fact, not prescribing a solution to our current issues.

Unions were a solution for a time but that doesn't mean they will always be an effective solution. Times change and new solutions are needed.

Forum List

Back