Unionized GM plant adds third shift

WAit, the jobs are in.......Texas? Why is that? Is it because the regulation and overall costs are cheaper and dam those republicans got Texas moving with a part time legislature. How bout that!

I thought the unions were evil and greedy that cause businesses to shut down? :lmao:

union_yes.jpg
They do, that will last for a few years, until the employees retire at 50 will full salaries the rest of their lives, WOOOHHOOO more inflation in the price of automobiles, cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!

when's the last time you bought a GM product? They fall apart before you get them paid for.

Hey just because the steering wheels come off of volts does not mean the union workers are like they are depicted in Gung HO! oh wait you're right, how the fuck do you have steering wheels come off of cars?

Robmoney wanted to let the chaff fall where it would have.

That is what robmoney was talking about.

that would have meant all the auto parts suppliers would have gone down too.

Robmoney wanted to let the chaff fall where it would have.

That is what robmoney was talking about.

that would have meant all the auto parts suppliers would have gone down too.

Wait a sec, now you're talking trickle down economics? It is true, but just wanted you to recognize your arguement, thanks man!

ARLINGTON -- General Motors will add a third shift and about 800 jobs to its Arlington truck assembly plant early next year, the company announced Friday, a boost that adds to previously announced expansions.

In total, GM will now add upwards of 1,100 employees to the Arlington plant's payroll in the next year as it prepares to launch a new line of large SUVs for the 2014 model year. Workers have been putting in overtime to meet production demands for the plant's SUVs.

Read more here: GM adding 800 jobs at Arlington plant | Business | Dallas Business, Texas Business, Fort...

Pleased GM is doing better. Still slightly pissed about the money I lost on GM stock.

Yay!!! Now they can finish paying back the taxpayers!!

I would bet that you are too stupid to know why the taxpayers haven't been totally paid back yet.

And I throw that open to all you wingnuts. Do you know why?

I'm guessing that only the establishment GOP/$$$-worshiping Zander knows the answer.

That means restructuring not go out of business forever so you know :lol:

so every company that goes bankrupt still exsists?

No it means they should have gone bankrupt and restructured how they do things, but the democrats wanted to save union jobs, so they bailed them out and nothing has changed, so Back to the Future!

Oh I know its pension nightmares forever now for another government union

June 22 (Bloomberg) -- General Motors Co. is recalling 413,418 Chevrolet Cruzes, its best-selling car model in the U.S. last year, two days after GM had its best showing ever in J.D. Power & Associates’ new-car quality survey.

GM is recalling the compact cars from model years 2011 and 2012 in the U.S. because liquids can be trapped near the engine and catch fire, the Detroit-based company said today in an e- mailed statement. The company has received 30 reports of fires, said Alan Adler, a GM spokesman.

“The most important thing for our customers to know is that we are proactively working to assure the Cruze is the safe and durable car they purchased,” Alicia Boler-Davis, GM vice president of global quality, said in the statement. “We are sorry for any inconvenience caused by these actions.”

GM said it doesn’t know of any crashes, injuries or deaths related to the defect. The U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration opened an investigation of 2011 Cruzes in March this year after receiving two reports of “engulfing fires resulting in total vehicle loss.”

The J.D. Power survey released June 20 had three of GM’s four brands, including Chevrolet, ranked above the industry average.

The Cruze was GM’s top-selling car in the U.S. last year with 231,732 deliveries, according to researcher Autodata Corp. Through May this year, GM sold 94,901 Cruzes, making it the second-best selling Chevrolet car after the Malibu, according to Autodata. The Cruze helped spur GM’s 2.7 percent first-quarter U.S. sales increase to an industry-leading 608,320.

GM shares fell 0.2 percent to $20.60 at 4:03 p.m. in New York.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/bloomberg-M6121M6JTSE801#ixzz1yizfMk3W

Obama saved GM.

Romney said, "Let Detroit go bankrupt."

GM killed Oldsmobile and Pontiac.

Those two brands saw me through my youth and early adulthood. Now they are gone.

So am I gone as a GM customer, EVER again!

If GM ever decided to get rid of unions and produce quality vehicles like union-free Toyota I might reconsider.

Forum List

Back