Union members more productive than NonUnion Scabs

God bless the progress the average worker has made because of Unions. If it wasn't for Unions there would be no middle class. Of course, on the other hand we would be more competitive with the workers in third world nations.

Fuck the unions they have out lived their usefullness.

No....maybe it's Fuck You. I'm guessing you must have crossed a picket line sometime and got your feelings hurt by some big bad Union members? Now before you grace us with your witty comments maybe you could explain all of your vast experience with Unions that make you the expert?

I was a union meatcutter and know the union apprenticeship program, a two year program, always turned out the best meatcutters. Does this matter to the public? You never heard of people getting sick form E-coli when you had union trained butchers in the packing plants. The union trained butchers could process cattle to ground beef without bursting an intestine or other organs and getting cow shit in the meat. When the packing plants went non-union was when you heard you had to cook all hamburger well done. I never eat ground beef now unless I grind it myself of an sure it is made out of store generated block trim. The beef they process for block cuts is processed differently that beef for ground beef.

Good point!!

Let me tell you one fucking thing I am not union and I will bust through a picket line in a heart beat, and dare one cock sucking union thug to get in my way. But my actual limit is four, after that I am getting my ass kick serverly, but they will know I have been there.

Forgot to add 23 years in the plumbing industry and working in union plants and with union members who were out of work. Security site supervisor of Airport security during the piedmont airline union mech. strike.

Last edited:
I haven't met a Union Member yet who wasn't always whining & bitching about being a Victim. They are so lazy and their sense of entitlement makes them very hateable. There is no way these thugs are more productive at anything. It's just impossible. Government-Unionization really should bother Americans especially. It's a real deadly combination. Lazy & bitter Union thugs joining with the lazy & bitter Government Workers? YIKES!

Last edited:
Most Union Members are whiny and hateful. They never miss an opportunity to make your life miserable because they're so miserable. It really is a lazy entitlement attitude. Government Workers are even worse. So i vehemently disagree with the idea Union Members are more productive than anyone. I have to call Bull Shit on that.
wrong, MOST Union members you never hear from
they do their jobs with honor
the ones you DO hear about are whiny and lazy

And you base all of your extensive knowledge of unions on what? :confused:

You say you wouldn't "join one of those stupid organizations if it were the last job on earth"? That's probably a good thing because ytou probably couldn't handle the work we do and I'm not so sure we would even want you with that bad attitude.

I have been on strike and have had to deal with scabs. After our strike was over the dishonorable bastards were glad to get out of the plant. They couldn't handle the heat. :lol:
Really! And yet you cannot see the issue that people have with the unions. I cross the picket line because the union's strike is wrong or because if I do not my family may STARVE and YOU have the balls and audacity to chase them out of the plant. THAT is the core of the corrupt unions. Do as we say no matter what. The main actions of unions these days is thuggary and extortion. No matter where that comes from or your past there is no room for that kind of bullshit in the workforce.

So you think of the 80% of workers who are not in a union as "scabs" eh.

lol

Actually, it must be 87% scabs if 13% is how many Union members there are in America. But, yeah, they are scabs, got every dollar they made because of Unions. Got every workers right because of Unions. What else can we call them besides scabs? Parasites? They look like pus filled worms to me.

You are simply trying to be an annoyance.
No, you are cumface.
Your posts are pure hatred for the situation you and your union bretheren have placed yourselves in.
I see no situation fuckface. My retired life is extremely good. My Union Brothers are working, and Obama is sending more work down the pike. It really looks bad for all the scabs though. All those individuals running around for a cock to suck on, to get another job. Unorganized pack of pus worms. How come those con employment agency's haven't match them up with another job? My working Brothers finish a job, and the dispatcher sends them out the next day for another job. You see in the energy field we are always working, because each power plant is set on a schedule we set up to go in and do repairs, maintenance, etc. That way the power grid is always up for fools like you to read the want ads in the light.
Unions are unwanted by most workers and businesses.
If the opposite were true, the proportion of union vs non-union would be much more in favor of unionization.
It isn't..
Fuckface, you live in a dream world. When you have the data to support your bullshit, bring it on.
And you are way out of line with your implication that we all should bow at the union altar for the past.
No fuckface, bow down now and kiss mah cock. Those millions out of work should be a wake up call to you, not me.
The fact that we have laws that protect workers is called inevitability. Unionism merely sped up the process.
Now you are off in a delusional world again. Do you have the same crack dealer as Road Apple?
Unions have run their course. They are no longer needed.
Tell that to the doctor who has your heart jumping around in the steel tray fuckface. Or a guy like me who refueled nuclear reactors. Or an Iron worker who built those town towers. Fuckface, you are way out of your league and just showing your stupidity and ignorance.
Quite frankly unions created their own demise. Union leaders refused to change with the times.
You haven't a clue what you are talking about fuckface, just like Road Apple.What happened to the demise of the American scab? Did they refuse to change, ya fucking dumbass.
Unions refused to recognize the emerging global economy which created competition for labor.
That must have be why my Brothers still have jobs, and millions of scabs are looking for a cock to suck in hopes they get a job.
Competition always lowers prices because it creates a larger marketplace.
No it doesn't fuckface. Ask the oil company's.
Unions also failed to allow US Based manufacturing to modernize plants which the unions feared would require fewer employees.
Now you are talking out your ass, and still no supporting data fuckface. That maybe due to the crack pipe I assume. I see corporations left because scabs forced them to have handicap signs. That makes as much sense as the road apples you are trying to peddle here today.
That is true. The bad part was while the rest of the world's manufacturing countries were busily building modern plants, unions forced the old smokestack status quo on American plants.
Total rubbish fuckface. You are man without a clue. A boat without oars. A case without a brain.
The result was an inevitable loss of jobs here because the US based facilities were simply non-competitive.
Before you go off half-cocked on "buy America first" remember that with protectionist policies, everyone loses.

Yeah, you scabs should have taken a cut in pay and been competitive like the Union Workers did. Now go quit your job and work for free so you can be competitive. What a dumb fucking Road Apple.

Ok, I guess we are never going to agree on unions, I can only speak from my experience, and the city I worked in. I'm not trying to blow smoke up anyones butt. That's not me, but you don't know me, so you'll just have to take my word for it, or not.. I worked in an office that worked only with business customers, so when we worked though our lunch, or stayed over our tour working with the outside techs to get the customer back in service, we were given commendations by that customer frequently. They appreciated that fact that we went "beyond the call of duty", and didn't leave when we could have, and make them wait until the next day. You can say that we were just doing our job, but no one forced us to work without pay to get a customer back in service, we did it because of our "work ethics". I'm not saying every employee did this, but quite a few in my office did. I'm sure there are some disgruntled customers, name any business that doesn't have some. As far as hidden fees, I didn't work in the business office, or the billing portion, had nothing to do with that, and neither did the union.. As I said earlier, if you are not satisfied with your service, go somewhere else, you have a choice. We got a quarterly report, and customer satisfaction was always high. Gosh, we must have been doing something right, gasp, even though we are union. My point was, we were never told by the union (CWA) to not work, or slow production. If others say that is true, fine, but not where I worked. Nor, was anyone forced to join the union. They were asked when they were employed, but never forced. Maybe a fourth of my office was non union, and they enjoyed the same benefits and the same representation we did because of the right to work law in Virginia. The union, by law, has to represent them the same as they do the union workers. The only difference is they don't pay union dues, and we do (or did, since I'm retired).

I really don't know how many members CWA has now, if you say 700,000, ok, I was wondering more about the number 1.

I have no idea where you are, so if my "rosey colored story" doesn't match up to yours, I can't help it. I was 16 when I started working, and became a union member, have never worked anywhere else, so really can't compare it to a non union job. I just know that everytime contract time came around, the company tried to take back, or reduce benefits, while making a huge profit off the backs of its workers. If the company was hurting, it would be different, but it isn't now, or hasn't since I worked there. The CEO's salary can attest to that, and it is provided to all shareholders.

First off, hello Vriginia Mom...welcome to the USBM.

Yes you are speaking directly to your experience of your union work ethic, but that is not the experience everyone has with the union. Good or you that you did have a work ethic, many do. In my opinion the VAST majority of union do not.

Since you are CWA you seem to be very ignorant and ill informed about your union, the contract you signed and its methods. You are not 'asked' by your employer to join the union. You are told by you employer that its a union shop. You are told by the union thugs to "join" or you cant work. That is extortion and racketeering.

This is an excerpt from a standard CWA contract, Article 33, page 118. Read it very carefully. You do NOT have to sign up, join the union and be a card carrying member. But if you want to work you better pay the union its dues regardless if you are a "member" or not.

Tell me how do you fail to "voluntarily" acquire anything?

http://files.cwa-union.org/CwaNet/CWAContractAllAgreements.pdf

15 B. For the purposes of this Section, “membership in good standing in the
16 Union” shall consist of payment by the employee of dues (as described
17 herein) for each calendar month not later than the last day of the second
18 following calendar month, as may be levied in accordance with
19 procedures set forth in the Union’s Constitution. Each employee of the
20 Company covered by this Agreement who fails to voluntarily acquire or
21 maintain membership in the Union shall be required, as a condition of
22 employment, beginning sixty (60) days after the effective date of this
23 Agreement or sixty (60) days after the completion of his probationary
24 period, whichever is later, to pay the Union each month a service charge

25 as a contribution for the administration of the Agreement and the
26 representation of such employee. The service charge for the first month
27 shall be in an amount equal to the Union’s regular and usual monthly
28 dues, and for each month thereafter in an amount equal to the regular and
29 usual monthly dues uniformly required as a condition of acquiring or
30 retaining membership.
That's incorrect. Right to work states all have one common clause in the law. No worker shall be compelled to join a labor organization to procure employment.
From West's Law....
right-to-work law: West's Encyclopedia of American Law (Full Article) from Answers.com.
A state law that prohibits required union membership of workers.

Read more: right-to-work law: West's Encyclopedia of American Law (Full Article) from Answers.com....
Contrary to the CWA statements,non-members are by law NOT required to pay union dues or fees of any kind to the union.
The law is the law.

Last edited:

You say you wouldn't "join one of those stupid organizations if it were the last job on earth"? That's probably a good thing because ytou probably couldn't handle the work we do and I'm not so sure we would even want you with that bad attitude.

I have been on strike and have had to deal with scabs. After our strike was over the dishonorable bastards were glad to get out of the plant. They couldn't handle the heat. :lol:
Really! And yet you cannot see the issue that people have with the unions. I cross the picket line because the union's strike is wrong or because if I do not my family may STARVE and YOU have the balls and audacity to chase them out of the plant. THAT is the core of the corrupt unions. Do as we say no matter what. The main actions of unions these days is thuggary and extortion. No matter where that comes from or your past there is no room for that kind of bullshit in the workforce.

If you don't want the training the union provides meatcutters, Enjoy your E-Coli.

Ok, I guess we are never going to agree on unions, I can only speak from my experience, and the city I worked in. I'm not trying to blow smoke up anyones butt. That's not me, but you don't know me, so you'll just have to take my word for it, or not.. I worked in an office that worked only with business customers, so when we worked though our lunch, or stayed over our tour working with the outside techs to get the customer back in service, we were given commendations by that customer frequently. They appreciated that fact that we went "beyond the call of duty", and didn't leave when we could have, and make them wait until the next day. You can say that we were just doing our job, but no one forced us to work without pay to get a customer back in service, we did it because of our "work ethics". I'm not saying every employee did this, but quite a few in my office did. I'm sure there are some disgruntled customers, name any business that doesn't have some. As far as hidden fees, I didn't work in the business office, or the billing portion, had nothing to do with that, and neither did the union.. As I said earlier, if you are not satisfied with your service, go somewhere else, you have a choice. We got a quarterly report, and customer satisfaction was always high. Gosh, we must have been doing something right, gasp, even though we are union. My point was, we were never told by the union (CWA) to not work, or slow production. If others say that is true, fine, but not where I worked. Nor, was anyone forced to join the union. They were asked when they were employed, but never forced. Maybe a fourth of my office was non union, and they enjoyed the same benefits and the same representation we did because of the right to work law in Virginia. The union, by law, has to represent them the same as they do the union workers. The only difference is they don't pay union dues, and we do (or did, since I'm retired).

I really don't know how many members CWA has now, if you say 700,000, ok, I was wondering more about the number 1.

I have no idea where you are, so if my "rosey colored story" doesn't match up to yours, I can't help it. I was 16 when I started working, and became a union member, have never worked anywhere else, so really can't compare it to a non union job. I just know that everytime contract time came around, the company tried to take back, or reduce benefits, while making a huge profit off the backs of its workers. If the company was hurting, it would be different, but it isn't now, or hasn't since I worked there. The CEO's salary can attest to that, and it is provided to all shareholders.

First off, hello Vriginia Mom...welcome to the USBM.

Yes you are speaking directly to your experience of your union work ethic, but that is not the experience everyone has with the union. Good or you that you did have a work ethic, many do. In my opinion the VAST majority of union do not.

Since you are CWA you seem to be very ignorant and ill informed about your union, the contract you signed and its methods. You are not 'asked' by your employer to join the union. You are told by you employer that its a union shop. You are told by the union thugs to "join" or you cant work. That is extortion and racketeering.

This is an excerpt from a standard CWA contract, Article 33, page 118. Read it very carefully. You do NOT have to sign up, join the union and be a card carrying member. But if you want to work you better pay the union its dues regardless if you are a "member" or not.

Tell me how do you fail to "voluntarily" acquire anything?

http://files.cwa-union.org/CwaNet/CWAContractAllAgreements.pdf

15 B. For the purposes of this Section, “membership in good standing in the
16 Union” shall consist of payment by the employee of dues (as described
17 herein) for each calendar month not later than the last day of the second
18 following calendar month, as may be levied in accordance with
19 procedures set forth in the Union’s Constitution. Each employee of the
20 Company covered by this Agreement who fails to voluntarily acquire or
21 maintain membership in the Union shall be required, as a condition of
22 employment, beginning sixty (60) days after the effective date of this
23 Agreement or sixty (60) days after the completion of his probationary
24 period, whichever is later, to pay the Union each month a service charge

25 as a contribution for the administration of the Agreement and the
26 representation of such employee. The service charge for the first month
27 shall be in an amount equal to the Union’s regular and usual monthly
28 dues, and for each month thereafter in an amount equal to the regular and
29 usual monthly dues uniformly required as a condition of acquiring or
30 retaining membership.
That's incorrect. Right to work states all have one common clause in the law. No worker shall be compelled to join a labor organization to procure employment.
From West's Law....
right-to-work law: West's Encyclopedia of American Law (Full Article) from Answers.com.
A state law that prohibits required union membership of workers.

Read more: right-to-work law: West's Encyclopedia of American Law (Full Article) from Answers.com....
Contrary to the CWA statements,non-members are by law NOT required to pay union dues or fees of any kind to the union.
The law is the law.

North Carolina is a right to work state
Right to Work States: North Carolina | National Right to Work Legal Defense Foundation

If you don't want the training the union provides meatcutters, Enjoy your E-Coli.

You don't have to be in a union to get the proper training. I did on my own.

Any entity that has to strong-arm Citizens to join,should actually be labelled a Terrorist Organization. If Unions are so great why do they have to threaten and force Citizens to join? Looks like a whole lot of people don't want to join Unions. Gee i wonder why? Less Unions not more is the answer.

Most scabs are whiners and hate working, that is why so many have lost their jobs and corporations are leaving America. True. The bastards wouldn't take a cut in pay and forced the corporations to close and throw these fools families out in the streets. They are weaklings and couldn't compete with socialist foreigners. Corporations deserted these scabs. All that patriotic loyalty the scabs thought they had,...........LMAO!! Losers. They want to tell the world how great their capitalism is, that sent all the jobs to the choir overseas!! LMAO!! Now days they come here and cry and try to blame their predictiment on those evil Unions. Well Road Apples, my Brothers are still all working and your scab worms are being laid off in droves. You should have took a pay cut and gave up your benefits. hahaha

Last edited:
While you "anti-union" folks keep bashing unions I hope you're also thanking them at the same time. Why?

States with higher rates of unionization have lower rates of poverty, crime, and failing schools.
Care to back that up?
]
In partnerships with employers, community organizations, and local governments, unions have helped revitalize local economies by saving and expanding family-supporting jobs.

Studies show that a large union presence in an industry or region can raise wages even for non-union workers.
True. This IS the point of unions. The problem is that is not all they are doing.
In 2008 the AFL-CIO and the United Food and Commercial Workers sued to get employers to provide personal protective equipment. Now, workers in hazardous jobs which require safety gear—like hard hats or protective glasses—must be provided this equipment, instead of being asked to buy it themselves.

Unions have been instrumental in efforts to increase the federal minimum wage, state minimum wages and in the successful living wage movement which has already resulted in over 150 local living wage laws nationwide.

Unions raise wages the most for low- and middle-wage workers and workers without college degrees.

Unions were also crucial in passing legislation benefiting all workers, including:

Fair Minimum Wage Act of 2007, providing an increase in the federal minimum wage.

The Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970, a comprehensive federal law ensuring safety in the workplace.

Workers' compensation laws, giving workers injured on the job medical coverage and compensation for lost time.

Mine safety laws strengthening mine safety standards and protecting the rights of mine workers.

The Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938, creating the 40-hour work week and the first minimum wage.

The Social Security Act of 1935, providing benefits to unemployed and retired workers.

American Rights at Work

You point out much that the unions HAVE done but the problem is what they ARE doing. The heart of the corruption is in the unholy alliance that the unions have with the government and the laws that have allowed them to open extort workers rather than represent them. There is a problem here on both sides. Unions should not be entirely destroyed and still do serve a valuable purpose. The efforts of unions set a base standard that all employees can see and begin to expect from their employers lest they go over to a union job. That purpose drives better conditions and wages for all workers. However, there is a darker side that comes with legal protections that the unions should NEVER have had. You should NEVER be forced to be part of a union yet there are ENTIRE career fields where there is zero choice in the matter. In that setting the union cares little to nothing about its members and more about its dues and political standing. Right to work laws are a HUGE step in the right direction but we are not there yet. Unions are KNOWN to use threatening and even assault to push their agenda and that agenda RARELY lines up with the workers anymore. I have been on the other end of that stick as a non union company working on a non union job that the unions were very upset the job was not theirs.

The other problem is that unions protect workers that are poor while doing nothing for the productive members. Many times seniority, pay and benefits are based on TIME and not performance. In many cases that time is TRANSFERABLE to other companies allowing a crappy union member to cycle through multiple employers yet still maintain the high pay that another would have to work hard for. Within many non union companies, the top performers are paid MORE than union workers and promoted far faster than their counterparts because excellent workers are a valuable resource where the lazy and unproductive ones are paid less and fired when they are not worth the expense. It is that covering up of bad employees and that draws the most vitriol from people because many of us are damn tired of working with sloths that are protected by a crap union as we pick up the weight. I have seen many excellent union workers but have yet to see one that was excellent BECAUSE of the union. In the end, they are excellent IN SPITE OF the unions and often times are drawn out of the unions by an employer that actually recognizes the value of a good worker.

Oh, another know it all from texas, who has sunbleached scalp and boiled brains, talking about how he planted a rose in Texas and had to break the ice in Chicago. Typical dumb ass and should be ignored. Continues....................:lol:

There you have it folks, the scabs couldn't find an argument against Union being more productive. They were all Losers, and can't say it wasn't fun burning their ass in the flames. Now what you see in common here is everyone was spouting some kind of bullshit, and didn't have a clue what they were talking about, could not provide a reference, could not add a citation, nada. That is typical of cons because they are Losers.

Hey Shit for Brains, worked for the largest private home builder from '93 to '04, they where HQ in Chicago......

Guess what housing market is still number one in America???? It dam sure isn't Chicago, I'll give you a clue, it is in Texas, you know that right to work state, the best economy in all 50 states.....

Like I said, you know nothing about this subject.....

Like I said, you should be ignored. :cuckoo: You are a liar. Under every Texas hat is a load of cow road apples, and yours must be doubly stuffed. Texas is number 10 in the housing market, and if Chicago home values are down, we should look at the guy that "claims" he built them. LMAO!! You stupid fool!!! Go back to Texas you idiot!!

You seem to be the one who knows nothing about the subject, so go ask your crack dealer about who is number one again.:lol::lol:

You are a bag of hot air wrapped in angry rhetoric. You have noting on the side of substance.
Look, you math whiz....Here's the deal. If a builder who has to accept union membership pays his people $25 per hour moves operation to a right to work state and pays them $17 per hour, which one costs less?..DUH?
Time and time again the union rallying cry that only union member tradesmen can put anything together has been debunked as fallacy.
If that were true, houses built by non-union labor would be falling down. These structures are just fine, thank you very much. And know this. Because of less expensive non-union labor many more of us can afford to buy a home. in fact union labor is non existent in home construction. It isn't needed. Quite frankly with the union "slow down the work" rules, it would take twice as long to build a home. This places buyers in jeopardy with the timing of their own homer sale and move out of old home/ move in to new home.
You can strut the same old tired horse shit union rhetoric. It doesn't wash. No one buys it and no one cares what you have to say in defense of unions.

Any entity that has to strong-arm Citizens to join,should actually be labelled a Terrorist Organization.

Yeah, that is what I thought when Bush said we were either with him or against him.

If Unions are so great why do they have to threaten and force Citizens to join?

No one is being forced to do anything dickweed, so your illogical statement is just more Texas Road Apples.

Looks like a whole lot of people don't want to join Unions. Gee i wonder why? Less Unions not more is the answer.

Yeah, millions of those scabs are laid off, losing their homes, living under bridges. Their job are overseas. Gee, I wonder why? Yep, hard to find a man in America who will even stand up for his work rights anymore, and not suprisingly they are all coward scabs that let corporations walk all over them. The dumb fucks even voted Bush in twice after he told them outsourcing their jobs and corporations was a good thing. LMAO!! Fools.... Well we Union members will still have jobs when you are selling tacos on the corner.

Last edited:
If Unions were so great,they wouldn't have to threaten and force Citizens to join. Unions resemble criminal organizations in my opinion. They're no better than the so-called "Evil Corporations." In fact they're probably much worse. Corporations don't force you to work for them.

Last edited:
If Unions were so great,they wouldn't have to threaten and force Citizens to join. Unions resemble criminal organizations in my opinion. They're no better than the so-called "Evil Corporations." In fact they're probably much worse. Corporations don't force you to work for them.

Yeah, well if corporations didn't fuck over workers every chance they got and treated them with a bit of respect there would never have been a need for a labor movement in the first place.

You don't have to be in a union to get the proper training. I did on my own.

And a good thing you chose cleaning minority toilets and stalls, or you would have never met "Toe Tapper" Livingston in person.

I actually have to question whether this OP has ever been a Union Member or even held a job. Something just aint right with this post. Try going to work for a company that has a Union and then tell them you're not joining. What do you think the Union's response is going to be? You think they're gonna give you a pat on the back and an attaboy? Hell no. They're gonna threaten and coerce until you join. That's what they do. They really do resemble criminal organizations. Hey the Corporations may be "Evil" but the Unions are actually probably worse. No Citizen should be forced to join any organization. That's just not what America is about. Think about that a bit.

Last edited:

You're damned right I chased them out of the plant. They came in and took my job and I took it back with better pay and benefits.

And anyone who crosses a picket line is a scab. And scabs have no honor.

Yeah, well if corporations didn't fuck over workers every chance they got and treated them with a bit of respect there would never have been a need for a labor movement in the first place.

This is probably the best post in this thread. What you said is 100% correct. I'll be the first to say that if the workers are happy and satisfied in their work then they don't need to join a Union.

Forum List

Back