Unhinged Leftists

By George F. Will
Conservative Columnist

Amid the carnage of Republican misrule in Washington, there is this glimmer of good news: The family-shredding policy along the southern border, the most telegenic recent example of misrule, clarified something. Occurring less than 140 days before elections that can reshape Congress, the policy has given independents and temperate Republicans — these are probably expanding and contracting cohorts, respectively — fresh if redundant evidence for the principle by which they should vote.

The principle: The congressional Republican caucuses must be substantially reduced. So substantially that their remnants, reduced to minorities, will be stripped of the Constitution’s Article I powers that they have been too invertebrate to use against the current wielder of Article II powers. They will then have leisure time to wonder why they worked so hard to achieve membership in a legislature whose unexercised muscles have atrophied because of people like them.

Consider the melancholy example of House Speaker Paul D. Ryan (Wis.), who wagered his dignity on the patently false proposition that it is possible to have sustained transactions with today’s president, this Vesuvius of mendacities, without being degraded. In Robert Bolt’s play “A Man for All Seasons,” Thomas More, having angered Henry VIII, is on trial for his life. When Richard Rich, whom More had once mentored, commits perjury against More in exchange for the office of attorney general for Wales, More says: “Why, Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world . . . But for Wales!” Ryan traded his political soul for . . . a tax cut. He who formerly spoke truths about the accelerating crisis of the entitlement system lost everything in the service of a president pledged to preserve the unsustainable status quo.

Ryan and many other Republicans have become the president’s poodles, not because James Madison’s system has failed but because today’s abject careerists have failed to be worthy of it. As explained in Federalist 51: “Ambition must be made to counteract ambition. The interest of the man must be connected with the constitutional rights of the place.” Congressional Republicans (congressional Democrats are equally supine toward Democratic presidents) have no higher ambition than to placate this president. By leaving dormant the powers inherent in their institution, they vitiate the Constitution’s vital principle: the separation of powers.

Opinion | Vote against the GOP this November

Colin Powell, dismayed, says Donald Trump has turned America from 'we the people' to 'me the president'

“You see things that should not be happening,” Colin Powell said. “How can a president of the United States get up and say that the media is the enemy of Americans? Hasn’t he read the First Amendment? You are not supposed to like everything the press says, or what anyone says…that’s why we have a First Amendment, to protect that kind of speech.”

Powell reiterated why he became a voice against a Trump presidency during the 2016 campaign.

“I hope the president can come to the realization that he should really stop insulting people,” Powell continued. “I used this two years ago when I said I could not vote for him in the 2016 election. Why? He insulted everybody. He insulted African-Americans, he insulted women, he insulted immigrants. He insulted our best friends around the world—all of his fellow candidates up on the stage during the debates. I don’t think that’s what should be coming out of a president of the United States. But I don’t see anything that’s changed in the last two years.”

Former Secretary of State Colin Powell (A Republican) asked Americans and Congress to "take a hard look at yourself" to realize what "you're doing to keep these forces in check." He ridiculed not just what the Trump administration was doing but also what others "are not doing as the United States of America. What are we doing? We’re walking away from agreements, we’re walking away from alliances.”

no no you say that both sides say the same thing, I agree, now post the right doing what the left says they do. I'll wait. action is stronger than words. I want you to back yours now.
You don't seem to understand that I don't say that.

I didn't say that.

I haven't said that.

Holy crap. I don't know what else to tell you.
dude, I get it, you don't say that. I never said you did. I said you said that both sides say it. I agree. Now, you told me you don't belong to the party because they do the same things. I'm asking you to show where the right has done what the left says it has done. That's all. no need to take the snowmobile down another path.
I can't show you. I don't agree with it. I've already said such comments are silly.

Why don't you find a nice little left winger to hammer this out with?
Naw, I'm focused on folks like you who say both parties are the same. You are fking wrong. I just proved it to you. so stop making that incorrect statement, just makes you a liar.
Show me one (1) time that I've ever said "both parties are the same". When you can't, we'll know who the real liar is.

What I've actually said (in case facts ever matter to someone like you) is that the behaviors of the two parties are very similar.

And since you've already agreed with me, on this very thread (please see YOUR post 13), you've proven my point for me beautifully.

You're simply out of your league.

What I've actually said (in case facts ever matter to someone like you) is that the behaviors of the two parties are very similar.

dude, 'is that the behaviors'? So you're going to pull semantics on me are you? LOL. So you can't prove the behaviors are the same. I've now asked you multiple times in this thread, and you keep driving your snowmobile down a different path than answering the question. Prove the right behaves the similar. Talk is talk, walking the talk is much much much different, and I want to see one time the right walked the violence line.

I didn't say that.

I haven't said that.

dude, I get it, you don't say that. I never said you did. I said you said that both sides say it. I agree. Now, you told me you don't belong to the party because they do the same things. I'm asking you to show where the right has done what the left says it has done. That's all. no need to take the snowmobile down another path.
I can't show you. I don't agree with it. I've already said such comments are silly.

Naw, I'm focused on folks like you who say both parties are the same. You are fking wrong. I just proved it to you. so stop making that incorrect statement, just makes you a liar.
Show me one (1) time that I've ever said "both parties are the same". When you can't, we'll know who the real liar is.

And since you've already agreed with me, on this very thread (please see YOUR post 13), you've proven my point for me beautifully.

dude, 'is that the behaviors'? So you're going to pull semantics on me are you? LOL. So you can't prove the behaviors are the same. I've now asked you multiple times in this thread, and you keep driving your snowmobile down a different path than answering the question. Prove the right behaves the same. Talk is talk, walking the talk is much much much different, and I want to see one time the right walked the violence line.
You just agreed with me in post 13.

One of the stranger conversations I've had here in quite a while, and that's saying something.

Okay, well, dittos 'n stuff.

Ian Millhiser, Justice Editor of the Soros-backed ThinkProgress. --- “The Constitution of the United States has Failed,” What follows is a 4,000 word screed against a nation that is the inspiration and chief defender of every free system on earth. It reads like the work of a 19-year-old who has just read him some Howard Zinn and wants to tell us how woke he is now.

Americans speak of our Constitution as if it were a religious text. To label a law ‘unconstitutional’ is not simply to say that it violates some procedural rule or legal technicality, it is to label it fundamentally unAmerican. ... But our Constitution has not served us nearly as well as we would have been served by other systems adopted by our peer nations. Nor has it lived up to the expectations of its drafters.”

Among his complaints: the Electoral College allows people he disagrees with to get elected, and our federal system restricts Washington’s ability to redistribute wealth.

Lawrence O’Donnell, MSNBC --- Tweeted: “Founders’ design flaws in democracy — Electoral College & 2 senators per state no matter the size or population — have created the current Supreme Court.”

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez --- Tweeted: “It is well past time we eliminate the Electoral College, a shadow of slavery’s power on America today that undermines our nation as a democratic republic.”

Hillary Clinton --- You cannot be civil with a political party (the Republicans) that wants to destroy what you stand for, what you care about. ... If we are fortunate to win back the House and or the Senate, that’s when civility can start again.”

KLAVAN: The Left: We Lost So Let's Destroy America
Send all of the mother fuckers to Cuba. And kiss my red blood American ass.

By George F. Will
Conservative Columnist

Amid the carnage of Republican misrule in Washington, there is this glimmer of good news: The family-shredding policy along the southern border, the most telegenic recent example of misrule, clarified something. Occurring less than 140 days before elections that can reshape Congress, the policy has given independents and temperate Republicans — these are probably expanding and contracting cohorts, respectively — fresh if redundant evidence for the principle by which they should vote.

The principle: The congressional Republican caucuses must be substantially reduced. So substantially that their remnants, reduced to minorities, will be stripped of the Constitution’s Article I powers that they have been too invertebrate to use against the current wielder of Article II powers. They will then have leisure time to wonder why they worked so hard to achieve membership in a legislature whose unexercised muscles have atrophied because of people like them.

Consider the melancholy example of House Speaker Paul D. Ryan (Wis.), who wagered his dignity on the patently false proposition that it is possible to have sustained transactions with today’s president, this Vesuvius of mendacities, without being degraded. In Robert Bolt’s play “A Man for All Seasons,” Thomas More, having angered Henry VIII, is on trial for his life. When Richard Rich, whom More had once mentored, commits perjury against More in exchange for the office of attorney general for Wales, More says: “Why, Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world . . . But for Wales!” Ryan traded his political soul for . . . a tax cut. He who formerly spoke truths about the accelerating crisis of the entitlement system lost everything in the service of a president pledged to preserve the unsustainable status quo.

Ryan and many other Republicans have become the president’s poodles, not because James Madison’s system has failed but because today’s abject careerists have failed to be worthy of it. As explained in Federalist 51: “Ambition must be made to counteract ambition. The interest of the man must be connected with the constitutional rights of the place.” Congressional Republicans (congressional Democrats are equally supine toward Democratic presidents) have no higher ambition than to placate this president. By leaving dormant the powers inherent in their institution, they vitiate the Constitution’s vital principle: the separation of powers.

I've always liked George Will.

"...this Vesuvius of mendacities..." Perfect! :lol:

By George F. Will
Conservative Columnist

George Will....*snert*

PointNLaugh.jpg

dude, 'is that the behaviors'? So you're going to pull semantics on me are you? LOL. So you can't prove the behaviors are the same. I've now asked you multiple times in this thread, and you keep driving your snowmobile down a different path than answering the question. Prove the right behaves the same. Talk is talk, walking the talk is much much much different, and I want to see one time the right walked the violence line.
You just agreed with me in post 13.

One of the stranger conversations I've had here in quite a while, and that's saying something.

Okay, well, dittos 'n stuff.
yep, I said I agree they both say the same thing. put that one on the shelf. K?

Now tell me how they act out what they say similarly. I'm still waiting for that time the right mob committed violence toward anyone. can you?

The Republican Party Abandons Conservatism

Ignoring the dictum that if one is not of the left as a young person, one has no heart, and not of the right in middle age, one has no head, I have always been a conservative. I voted Republican most of the time, affiliated with the GOP, and served proudly as a political appointee under two Republican presidents. I bitterly opposed Donald Trump’s candidacy and dropped my Republican affiliation once he won in 2016, figuring that the party would soon fall in line. I said as much in public, and my predictions were borne out. But it is only now that I have concluded that the break between conservative beliefs and the party that claimed to uphold them is complete and irreversible.

Is the Republican Party Still Conservative? - The Atlantic

who on the right wants to destroy americans?
Ask a left winger. I'm sure you'll get a few examples.
I have, I received nadda. so you made the statement so back it up. or are you someone not willing to back up what you write? let me know. we'll see who you really are.
I said that both sides say the same thing. Since I don't belong to a "side", I don't say such silly things.

Perhaps you can focus on what I actually said: Do both sides say the same thing, or do they not?
no no you say that both sides say the same thing, I agree, now post the right doing what the left says they do. I'll wait. action is stronger than words. I want you to back yours now.

I didn't say that.

I haven't said that.

The extremes don't like it when non-wingers participate in the discussion. Partisans can't wrap their heads around non-partisans, you know that.

UNHINGED is chanting "lock her up" while inviting russia to hack the state department.

From Hillary's server to all America's enemies, no problem there .. what the hell give her a free pass, it's the Democrat way..

The Republican Party Abandons Conservatism

Ignoring the dictum that if one is not of the left as a young person, one has no heart, and not of the right in middle age, one has no head, I have always been a conservative. I voted Republican most of the time, affiliated with the GOP, and served proudly as a political appointee under two Republican presidents. I bitterly opposed Donald Trump’s candidacy and dropped my Republican affiliation once he won in 2016, figuring that the party would soon fall in line. I said as much in public, and my predictions were borne out. But it is only now that I have concluded that the break between conservative beliefs and the party that claimed to uphold them is complete and irreversible.

Is the Republican Party Still Conservative? - The Atlantic
You fucking kidding?...The GOP hasn't been "conservative" (whatever the hell that's supposed to mean anymore) for at least 50 years.

Damn, you lolberals are raking me up today!

Republicans currently hold power over all branches yet they STILL see boogeymen around every corner. :eusa_clap:

By George F. Will
Conservative Columnist

I've always liked George Will.

"...this Vesuvius of mendacities..." Perfect! :lol:

Aha!! So you admit you like other men. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

^ when gutter slime turns to call others "low" only a fool believes. :eusa_clap:

Forum List

Back