Unfortunately, Liberal Keep Being Liberals

Marquette's a private University...seems to me it can choose to teach as it wants...kind of like Bob Jones University....

I wonder if they even allow any liberal voices?

However - a faculty member, hanging a grad student out to dry publically like that is despicable.

Let's see if I can point you in the right direction.

This, is despicable:

A student ... in a philosophy class (“Theory of Ethics”), and the instructor (one Cheryl Abbate) was attempting to apply a philosophical text to modern political controversies. ...She listed some issues on the board, and came to “gay rights.”

She then airily said that “everybody agrees on this, and there is no need to discuss it.”

Thanks, Liberal.

Nice bit of cherry picking sweetie :)

So pointing out a typical scenario is 'cherry picking'?

Again... here are the facts:

Cherry picking is taking a partial phrase out of an entire conversation. I thought you knew that.

You're a moron.
That one sentence tell the whole story.

Maybe you should check your grammar before calling other people morons :lol:

I commented on your thread, what more do you want?

You want me to agree? Sorry, I will not, you are wrong.

Can I have some eggs with that spam?

In saying that I am 'wrong'....are you saying that you are just fine with Liberalism, the political view that controls the universities.....is behaving correctly in shutting down debate?

Is that your point, comrade?

BTW....you look lovely in that crisp new brown shirt.
OK, finally the motivation for your rant is revealed. you're tired of getting poor grades for your ill founded rants and figure it's some kind of conspiracy.

Joe, what precisely are you basing that conclusion upon.

I ask because there's nothing in the contribution which you cited as the subject of your conclusion, which could, on any level, lend to anything remotely akin to your conclusion. Such represents a a projection of unbridled conjecture.

My son just graduated college last fall from Florida Gulf Coast University, which exists in amongst the most conservative enclaves in the United States... and there's no potential foundation for an argument which claims that Academia, even in that University is not thoroughly infected with Leftist academics.

In truth scamp, it's not even a debatable point. Marxists have infected the US University System since Joe McCarthy RUINED himself trying to warn the nation of this... more than 60 YEARS AGO.
A few years ago, PC implied she was a poly sci student at Columbia or some such.

OH! So "nothin'", got it... that's prettt much what I figured.
Probably was nothing. Her posts certainly don't betray any form of higher education. Of course, neither do yours.

OK, finally the motivation for your rant is revealed. you're tired of getting poor grades for your ill founded rants and figure it's some kind of conspiracy.

And you were able to glean that from this thread?

Actually, I did pretty well in a pretty good LIBERAL university, you moron.

I don't hide any motivations.....it's right there in the title.
Liberals hate free speech along with other American values: they despise the Founders, and the Constitution.

Understand now, you dope?
My apologies. I was under the impression that you were still a student. Probably because I can't understand how anyone who's not either a student or retired could spend as much time as you do here.

Did you manage to score a job in your chosen field?

Being independently and incalculably rich, I have no need for job, peasant.

I spend my time in study, I am an eternal student, .... and battling the forces of darkness: Liberalism.

Of course,supervising the serve-staff takes a large part of my time as well.
OMG, this is too good! Incalculably rich... In what, memories? In fantasies? It's amazing how many of the 'rich' choose to spend most of their lives on here.

Oh well. Keep up the good fight. Liberalism never rests.

Pleeeezzzzze.....

Thankfully, I am independently wealthy, not obligated to actually work, as you peasants are.

You see, I'm heir to a family fortune.

For generations we've owned, via a closely held family corporation, the Nome (Alaska) to Rome (Italy) Railroad.

We are shielded from ObamaCare by the Hobby Lobby decision.

We use polar bears as conductors.....refugees from Global Warming.

Did you bust the Penguin Union?

Liberals hate free speech along with other American values: they despise the Founders, and the Constitution.

My apologies. I was under the impression that you were still a student. Probably because I can't understand how anyone who's not either a student or retired could spend as much time as you do here.

I spend my time in study, I am an eternal student, .... and battling the forces of darkness: Liberalism.

OMG, this is too good! Incalculably rich... In what, memories? In fantasies? It's amazing how many of the 'rich' choose to spend most of their lives on here.

Pleeeezzzzze.....

Thankfully, I am independently wealthy, not obligated to actually work, as you peasants are.

For generations we've owned, via a closely held family corporation, the Nome (Alaska) to Rome (Italy) Railroad.

I guess that settles that. Rich in fantasies it is.

Pleeeezzzzze.....

Money is the answer to all of your problems?

No, but tell us again how important you are!

Marquette's a private University...seems to me it can choose to teach as it wants...kind of like Bob Jones University....

However - a faculty member, hanging a grad student out to dry publically like that is despicable.

This, is despicable:

A student ... in a philosophy class (“Theory of Ethics”), and the instructor (one Cheryl Abbate) was attempting to apply a philosophical text to modern political controversies. ...She listed some issues on the board, and came to “gay rights.”

She then airily said that “everybody agrees on this, and there is no need to discuss it.”

Thanks, Liberal.

You have a penchant for intentionally posting quotes out of context. Care to actually post the entire conversation IN CONTEXT?

Her context or no context is irrelevant. She's tarring millions of liberals with the actions of ONE person. ...

Nonsense... here's 88 minutes of evidence to the contrary:

I watched it when it was posted earlier.....made my blood boil.

Liberalism is like a virus....infecting and destroying higher education.

Pleeeezzzzze.....

Money is the answer to all of your problems?

No, but tell us again how important you are!
Comments about everything except the point: Liberals are out to prevent any discussion or debate about their dictums.
Afraid to draw the obvious conclusion that Liberals like nothing better than censoring opposing views.....and no where is this less appropriate than in universities???

I commented on your thread, what more do you want?

You want me to agree? Sorry, I will not, you are wrong.

Can I have some eggs with that spam?

In saying that I am 'wrong'....are you saying that you are just fine with Liberalism, the political view that controls the universities.....is behaving correctly in shutting down debate?

Is that your point, comrade?

BTW....you look lovely in that crisp new brown shirt.

Joe, what precisely are you basing that conclusion upon.

I ask because there's nothing in the contribution which you cited as the subject of your conclusion, which could, on any level, lend to anything remotely akin to your conclusion. Such represents a a projection of unbridled conjecture.

My son just graduated college last fall from Florida Gulf Coast University, which exists in amongst the most conservative enclaves in the United States... and there's no potential foundation for an argument which claims that Academia, even in that University is not thoroughly infected with Leftist academics.

In truth scamp, it's not even a debatable point. Marxists have infected the US University System since Joe McCarthy RUINED himself trying to warn the nation of this... more than 60 YEARS AGO.
A few years ago, PC implied she was a poly sci student at Columbia or some such.

Not true.

I've never mentioned my major.

But I did go to the school with the best fight song in the nation!

This, is despicable:

Thanks, Liberal.

You have a penchant for intentionally posting quotes out of context. Care to actually post the entire conversation IN CONTEXT?

Her context or no context is irrelevant. She's tarring millions of liberals with the actions of ONE person. ...

Nonsense... here's 88 minutes of evidence to the contrary:

I watched it when it was posted earlier.....made my blood boil.

Liberalism is like a virus....infecting and destroying higher education.

Treachery will do that... I wasn't sure that the current batch of knuckleheads had seen it, so... well, you know.

18. On Wednesday, June 6, 1928 the Oxford English Dictionary was completed. In The Meaning of Everything, Simon Winchester discussed the English of the time as follows:

“The English establishment of the day might be rightly derided at this remove as having been class-ridden and imperialist, bombastic and blimpish, racist and insouciant- but it was marked undeniably also by a sweeping erudition and confidence, and it was peopled by men and women who felt they were able to know all, to understand much, and in consequence to radiate the wisdom of deep learning.”

.... they were educated, and loved learning.

Where is education today?

Certainly not in the universities.

19. The most important understanding is that the hard Left, the Marxist Left, controls secular society, and the universities. A close look at contemporary mania for ‘political correctness’ reveals its derivation from Marxist ‘revolt against oppression’- but only certain groups are certified as ‘the oppressed.’ And the basis for certification is race, class, gender, and sexual orientation.

This from a letter which a professor of English at Syracuse University recently wrote to the Chronicle of Higher Education describing the only real issue in literary study as helping students to perceive "which side of the world-historical class struggle they take: the side of the owners of the means of production, or the side of the workers. This and only this is the real question in textual literacy." The Hermeneutics of Innocence Literary Criticism from a Christian Perspective

20. "The result? Students who develop a suffocating sense of superiority, who pass judgment on authors as racist, sexist, capitalist, imperialist or homophobic before even reading their works. Political correctness is not designed to produce students who think for themselves, but, rather, cadres of self-absorbed reactionaries ready to take their orders from ‘the movement.’"
Pearcey, "Saving Leonardo," chapter eight.

Liberalism.....the stake through the heart of 'learning.'

English grammar wasn't offered there obviously judging from your ill-conceived OP's :(

18. On Wednesday, June 6, 1928 the Oxford English Dictionary was completed. In The Meaning of Everything, Simon Winchester discussed the English of the time as follows:

“The English establishment of the day might be rightly derided at this remove as having been class-ridden and imperialist, bombastic and blimpish, racist and insouciant- but it was marked undeniably also by a sweeping erudition and confidence, and it was peopled by men and women who felt they were able to know all, to understand much, and in consequence to radiate the wisdom of deep learning.”

19. The most important understanding is that the hard Left, the Marxist Left, controls secular society, and the universities. A close look at contemporary mania for ‘political correctness’ reveals its derivation from Marxist ‘revolt against oppression’- but only certain groups are certified as ‘the oppressed.’ And the basis for certification is race, class, gender, and sexual orientation.

This from a letter which a professor of English at Syracuse University recently wrote to the Chronicle of Higher Education describing the only real issue in literary study as helping students to perceive "which side of the world-historical class struggle they take: the side of the owners of the means of production, or the side of the workers. This and only this is the real question in textual literacy." The Hermeneutics of Innocence Literary Criticism from a Christian Perspective

20. "The result? Students who develop a suffocating sense of superiority, who pass judgment on authors as racist, sexist, capitalist, imperialist or homophobic before even reading their works. Political correctness is not designed to produce students who think for themselves, but, rather, cadres of self-absorbed reactionaries ready to take their orders from ‘the movement.’"

I guess you are trying to say that John Brown University is seeded with nothing but,,ahem, Marxist gheys, Marxist liberals and Marxist feminist, etc...I am wondering if the uneducated fellow which wrote this propaganda ever realized what Marxism really is??

I guess you are trying to say that John Brown University is seeded with nothing but,,ahem, Marxist gheys, Marxist liberals and Marxist feminist, etc...I am wondering if the uneducated fellow which wrote this propaganda ever realized what Marxism really is??

Guess again.

English grammar wasn't offered there obviously judging from your ill-conceived OP's :(

"English grammar ... ill-conceived OP's."

Syncretic syntax......you probably don't realize how stupid you appear.

Guess again.
What's the clue?

You have to be on Ritalin to understand it....

Guess again.
What's the clue?

I always said you were clueless.

You have to be on Ritalin to understand it....

An autobiographical post???

Forum List

Back