Unexpected Brexit Earthquake?

Exactly, income distribution. You think Defense is free. LOL You moron.

No, moron. Expenditures for the National Defense are not done to favor one person over another. The reason for a cooperative military is for the General Welfare. Income redistribution is for the Welfare of Special Interests. I realize that the distinction likely overloads your half a dozen working synapses, but the two are Very Different Things Altogether.

The building of the Hoover dam was done for the general welfare, but it helped people on the west coast, you moron.

The result of the EU referendum puts Britain on a precipice where it has never been before, writes historian Lord Peter Hennessy...
confused.gif

Brexit: 'An unprecedented geopolitical shift'
Sat, 25 Jun 2016 - Historian and constitutional expert Lord Peter Hennessy looks back at British history to evaluate the significance of the referendum result. The Attlee Professor of Contemporary British History at Queen Mary University of London was speaking to the BBC's Diplomatic Correspondent James Robbins.
Never in our peacetime history have so many dials been reset as a result of a single day's events. The only thing comparable in my lifetime is the end of the British Empire, which, like this, was a huge geopolitical shift. But getting rid of the British Empire was done over many, many years and by and large in the time control of the British government of the day. It left very few scars on us. But this is sudden. This is guillotine time. This is quite extraordinary and in peacetime British history quite unprecedented. If we go back to the beginning, it took three attempts for Britain to join the European project. Harold Macmillan steered his cabinet towards the first application to join the European Economic Community in July 1961, an effort which failed because of opposition from French leader Charles De Gaulle.

During Harold Wilson's second application in 1967, The Labour prime minister said we wouldn't take 'no' for an answer and ended up getting exactly that again from General De Gaulle. Ted Heath finally pulled it off with President Pompidou and the law was passed in 1972, leading to our admittance in January 1973. Ever since then it's been part of the warp and woof of British foreign policy and our attitude towards the world. It's part of Britain's notion of its ability to punch heavier than its weight internationally, and it has been central to so many calculations. That's why this vote is the most remarkable jolt to the system. Where it leads in terms of the psychology of British politics as well as the personnel of British politics and indeed the very survival of the United Kingdom as a union with Scotland is all up in the air.

There never has been a day when so many moving parts were thrown up in one go and nobody knows where they will fall. We know one thing and one thing only - that within a few years we shall no longer be a member of the European Union. We know so little else about how it will play out, both in terms of the emotional geography of our politics and the emotional geography of our people. The referendum has revealed deeper fissures and deeper divisions than perhaps we realised were there. We know we've been a country ill at ease with itself for a very long time, with all sorts of divides, including those based on geography and wealth. But this process has thrown it into stark relief, and we're going to have to stand back and take a long and careful look at ourselves. We will need to re-examine the kind of society we are and the kind of relationships we want in the world.

'US will be horrified'

See also:

Investor George Soros calls for reconstruction of EU after 'Brexit' vote
June 25, 2016) - Billionaire investor George Soros on Saturday called for thorough reconstruction of the European Union in order to save it, even though he warned that Britain's vote to leave the bloc makes "disintegration of the EU practically irreversible."
Soros, who warned of financial meltdown if Britain voted to leave the EU before Thursday's referendum, also said the effects of the decision will likely damage Britain. "Britain eventually may or may not be relatively better off than other countries by leaving the EU, but its economy and people stand to suffer significantly in the short to medium term," he wrote in a commentary on the website Project Syndicate. Soros made huge profits in 1992 by betting against the British pound as it crashed below the preset level and had to be withdrawn from the European Exchange Rate Mechanism.

He warned of a similar meltdown earlier this week, before the vote, predicting a Brexit victory would send the pound down by at least 15 percent, and perhaps more than 20 percent, to go below $1.15, in an article in British newspaper The Guardian. In the event, sterling fell around 10 percent on Friday, hitting a 31-year low, but never went below $1.32. It is not known if Soros bet against the pound. A Soros spokesman declined to comment on whether the investor made money on bets placed on Brexit. "Now the catastrophic scenario that many feared has materialized, making the disintegration of the EU practically irreversible," wrote Soros. "The financial markets worldwide are likely to remain in turmoil as the long, complicated process of political and economic divorce from the EU is negotiated."

He said the consequences for the real economy would be comparable to the financial crisis of 2007-2008. Soros said the EU had broken down and ceased to satisfy its citizens’ needs and aspirations. Nevertheless, he called for support to reconstruct it. "After Brexit, all of us who believe in the values and principles that the EU was designed to uphold must band together to save it by thoroughly reconstructing it," he wrote. "I am convinced that as the consequences of Brexit unfold in the weeks and months ahead, more and more people will join us."

Investor George Soros calls for reconstruction of EU after 'Brexit' vote

Sorry folks I got a don't panic call from my broker today so I checked my account. I am down less than 0.01%. People are jumping out of windows but first or second story windows. Having been through panics including 87 I find the Brexit reaction just silly.

The solution for Europe is to abolish the political union Big Government unelected bureaucrat nonsense and to have Free Trade, open borders for people with valid European passports. The details of a common currency would have to be worked out so that it just didn't turn into wealthier countries bailing out poorer ones.

Sounds reasonably good. Two problems with it, though ...

1. This sounds like you're describing the old EEC setup. Now, I'm sure that reverting to it would be a step in the right direction .. but what's to stop it mutating into its current form once more ? Don't we need to avoid repeating old mistakes ?

2. Common currency ... this can only work indefinitely between economies of comparable strength. The EU has a mix of strong and weak currencies (VERY weak, even downright dysfunctional, in the case of Greece !!) .. and we've already seen that this can make for a problematic scenario !! Besides .. I believe that a common currency only really makes sense if you wish to abolish separate Nation States, AS separate ones. Does the Euro exist as a forerunner to an eventual United States of Europe ?

Consolidate currencies under a single umbrella ... don't you also consolidate power right along with it ?

The solution for Europe is to abolish the political union Big Government unelected bureaucrat nonsense and to have Free Trade, open borders for people with valid European passports. The details of a common currency would have to be worked out so that it just didn't turn into wealthier countries bailing out poorer ones.

Sounds reasonably good. Two problems with it, though ...

1. This sounds like you're describing the old EEC setup. Now, I'm sure that reverting to it would be a step in the right direction .. but what's to stop it mutating into its current form once more ? Don't we need to avoid repeating old mistakes ?

2. Common currency ... this can only work indefinitely between economies of comparable strength. The EU has a mix of strong and weak currencies (VERY weak, even downright dysfunctional, in the case of Greece !!) .. and we've already seen that this can make for a problematic scenario !! Besides .. I believe that a common currency only really makes sense if you wish to abolish separate Nation States, AS separate ones. Does the Euro exist as a forerunner to an eventual United States of Europe ?

Consolidate currencies under a single umbrella ... don't you also consolidate power right along with it ?

The economic aspects can be handled as treaties between sovereign entities. The common currency really is the stickler - it would be much easier with a gold standard.

If I heard right the bond market may freeze up if the number of bond issues commingled with dollar denominated bond issues is combined as in Mexico. They can be commingled two ways: currency swaps or being dependent on the same cashflows. Universal default could happen in a lot of countries depending on the covenants in the bond issues

No, moron. Expenditures for the National Defense are not done to favor one person over another. The reason for a cooperative military is for the General Welfare. Income redistribution is for the Welfare of Special Interests. I realize that the distinction likely overloads your half a dozen working synapses, but the two are Very Different Things Altogether.

Oh shut up you moronic idiot. Building a dam in Tennessee is for the general welfare, not necessarily benefitting New York residents. Not different at all you clown.

Oh shut up you moronic idiot. Building a dam in Tennessee is for the general welfare, not necessarily benefitting New York residents. Not different at all you clown.

Here's a little story about that : No.

Building a dam which serves a subset of the population doesn't serve the General Welfare. It serves a special interest.

I know that Math is Hard. But a fraction of a whole is not equal to the whole.

Sorry folks I got a don't panic call from my broker today so I checked my account. I am down less than 0.01%. People are jumping out of windows but first or second story windows. Having been through panics including 87 I find the Brexit reaction just silly.

Dumbed down leftist Democrap media has been reporting it as "it's the end of the world as we know it" for 401Ks'. But that's only because it fits their anti-Trump mantra.

Dumbed down leftist Democrap media has been reporting it as "it's the end of the world as we know it" for 401Ks'. But that's only because it fits their anti-Trump mantra.

Don't trust the talking heads on the right either or even people dealing with their own business. The City, the UK's Wall st., voted against Brexit and:

The return of bonuses.

Providing bonds for industries that would be listed in pounds while the revenues are predominantly in dollars. These industries include Pharma, mining, shipping and games.

That the costs of EU membership are being paid by England but the revenues from the EU keep being paid to Ulster and Scotland.

These are the double-domes that missed this one.

The bulk of the pittance the UK pays to the EU is paid by the City, that voted to remain.

I'm surprised the media hasn't said "It's all Putin's fault" yet."

Vladimir Putin: "I think I mentioned our ”guilt“ in the floods in Europe. "
Meeting with heads of international news agencies

Total the British Pound is trading slightly on the upside.

The Euro, on the other hand, continues to fall.

What might THAT possibly mean?

Quite simply it means, Globalist Tyranny For the Loss!!! (only if globalists could've stuck to pure economics instead of gravitating into the realm of numerous ultra-political rules and regs dictating individuals' lives, they might have succeeded in pulling the wool over our eyes, before it was too late. Memo to Globalists: you got too greedy and hurried.........and for the good news........IT'S NOT TOO LATE!!!............:rock:...........)

It means you are full of shit.

View attachment 79885

I feel quite secure in my sources, they being published outside The U.S. where those things which fail to match the agenda are suppressed. Thank you for your opinion, however, though referencing your mirror as an information source about others does raise certain questions.

View attachment 79885

I feel quite secure in my sources, they being published outside The U.S. where those things which fail to match the agenda are suppressed. Thank you for your opinion, however, though referencing your mirror as an information source about others does raise certain questions.

Oh, making things up to suit your cognizant dissonance. The graph is fact, your assertions are bullshit.

View attachment 79885

Oh, making things up to suit your cognizant dissonance. The graph is fact, your assertions are bullshit.

^^^^^^^^
Is also in love with fake ABC/Wash. Post polls................

When I'm about to travel I check two non-US based exchanges pretty much hourly. I do not rely on outdated graphs or "visions" of graphs. We have room to disagree since we have separate sources. I pay for mine. The ROI is quite satisfying.

Forum List

Back