British Millennials: You've stolen our future

SYTFE

Gold Member
Jun 25, 2016
Trolling/No Content
"British youngsters are not happy. They voted overwhelmingly to remain in the EU, but were overruled by older voters who want a future outside the bloc.

Many angry Millennials took to social media on Friday to show their disbelief with the result. "I'm so angry. A generation given everything: Free education, golden pensions, social mobility have voted to strip my generation's future," Adam Newman from Bristol said on Twitter.

According to British pollster Yougov, 64% of people between 25 and 29 wanted the U.K. to remain it the European Union, while 61% of those aged between 30 and 34 wanted wanted to stay.

The older people are, the more likely they were to vote leave, the research showed. While those younger than 44 were more likely to vote to stay, the balance has tipped to Brexit for those aged 45 and more.

"I find it incomprehensible that people have decided to strip back my generation's future," Hetti Bywater said on Twitter.

Young people in the U.K. were hit disproportionately hard during the last financial crisis. The institute of Fiscal Studies said that while real wages fell for all groups of workers after 2009, people under 30 saw their earnings plummet the most.

Many youngsters are also worried leaving the European Union will mean isolation. A reader comment on the Financial Times that has been widely shared on social media said: "The younger generation has lost the right to live and work in 27 other countries. We will never know the full extent of the lost opportunities, friendships, marriages and experiences we will be denied."

Many students have also expressed worry about their ability to study abroad in other European Union countries in the future.

"Feeling for those whose opportunity to study abroad through Erasmus has been taken away due to another generations votes...disappointing," Sophie Mitchell from Scotland tweeted.

Erasmus is a European student exchange program, which gives EU students opportunity to spend up to a year at a university in another EU country, while receiving a stipend to cover some of the costs."
http://money.cnn.com/2016/06/24/new...-brexit/index.html?iid=ob_homepage_money_pool
Read Rest of Article: British Millennials: You've stolen our future

• Banned
We might see a mass migration. I don't mind. After all, it is what our country stands for. Come on over brits! Bring some of your good music too!

• Banned
Each new generation is generally smarter than the previous generation. This is how we evolve as a species. Notice it's the old farts who always vote republican.

Millennials are a pretty naive bunch, almost as naive as the baby boomers, but they will learn.

My relative was telling me about a young millennial girl whom on leave with her boy friend. She has to go overseas, and was seriously just not going back to the post.

She was startled when he told her that when she became known to the police, they would call the MPs.

Millennials feel entitled, sure, but I think many of our generations did at that age.

Richard Fernandez’s response is brutal:

Essentially people much older than you gave you what you now take for granted. They won World War 2, fueled the great boom, walked through the valley of the shadow of nuclear death — and had you.

You didn’t make the present, nor as you now complain, are you making the future. No children, no national defense, no love of God or country.

But that’s just it. You’ve brainwashed yourselves into thinking someone else: the old, the older, the government, the dead would always do things for you.

If you learn anything from Brexit, learn that nobody got anywhere expecting someone to do things for him.
Instapundit

Actually, for the UK it's not quite that way. People much older took decisions that reduced the UK to a beggar state that needed to join the EEC (now the EU) to survive. Now those same idiots have decided to bring the UK back to what it was before it joined the EEC. A beggar state.

Forum List

Back