unemployment starts the double dip

Lets see the rs can run on the line "We made the mess now we PROMISE to clean it up"

Cut the crap. This isn't about Dems and Reps. It is about Keyesian economic failure. The possibility we haven't learned and are about to repeat the mistake again. Let's (meaning everyone) fix this!

saveliberty, you are no type of rational economist any more than Political Chic is a political philosopher.

You guys are here for grins and chuckles, nothing more.

Um asshole

Thank you.

You do know that WIKI can be posted my anyone and has been known to be innacurate?

Look a little farther, then prove that you are actually worth discussing something with.

Personally I don't care which political party is guilty of failed econimic policies. They haven't worked in the past, and aren't working now.

In the early 20's there was an economic downturn caused by the same kinds of liberal economic policies. Removing those polices and allowing businesses to breath is what cause the roaring 20's.

Um asshole that was caused by the end of the war.

Depression of 1920?21 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Causes
Factors that economists have pointed to as potentially causing or contributing to the downturn include: troops returning from the war which created a surge in the civilian labor force, a decline in labor union strife, a shock in agricultural commodity prices,tighter monetary policy , expectations of deflation.[2]

[edit] End of World War I
Adjusting from war time to peace time was an enormous shock for the U.S. economy. Factories focused on war time production had to shut down or retool their production. A short Post-World War I recession occurred in the United States following Armistice Day, but this was followed by a growth spurt. The recession that occurred in 1920, however, was also effected by the adjustments following the end of the war, particularly the demobilization of soldiers. One of the biggest adjustments was the re-entry of soldiers into the civilian labor force. In 1918, the Armed Forces employed 2.9 million people. This fell to 1.5 million in 1919 and a mere 380,000 by 1920. The impact on the labor market was most striking in 1920, when the civilian labor force increased by 1.6 million people, or 4.1%, in a single year (though smaller than Post-World War II demobilization in 1946 and 1947, it is otherwise the largest documented one-year labor force increase).[2] In the early 1920s, both prices and wages changed more quickly than today, and thus employers may have been quicker to offer reduced wages to returning troops, hence lowering their production costs, and lowering their prices.[2]

And you will never look at what got us out of it... To you it was just magic.

Laissez-faire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Warren Harding and Calvin Coolidge.

Smaller Government by shrinking government...Oh and LOWERING taxes.

EVERYTHING OBAMA/BUSH HAVE NOT OR DIDN’T DO.

No nooo... TM like's FDR's tactic... prolong the depression, make it 10 years long, why not! Up taxes, start massive entitlement programs and grow Government. Then wait on a war to suck up all the poor unemployed (20%+ unemployment) and applaud yourself!!

Like I said… You suffer from the progressive liberal mindset of “history starts where I say.” I should add “History ends where it is convenient.”
Two depressions, two Governing styles to deal with them…

It must blow your F-ing mind that the scary evil free market got the US out of the depression in about one year and NO NATINAL DEBT WAS ADDED TO IN ORDER TO DO THIS.

In the early 20's there was an economic downturn caused by the same kinds of liberal economic policies. Removing those polices and allowing businesses to breath is what cause the roaring 20's.

Causes
Factors that economists have pointed to as potentially causing or contributing to the downturn include: troops returning from the war which created a surge in the civilian labor force, a decline in labor union strife, a shock in agricultural commodity prices,tighter monetary policy , expectations of deflation.[2]

Adjusting from war time to peace time was an enormous shock for the U.S. economy. Factories focused on war time production had to shut down or retool their production. A short Post-World War I recession occurred in the United States following Armistice Day, but this was followed by a growth spurt. The recession that occurred in 1920, however, was also effected by the adjustments following the end of the war, particularly the demobilization of soldiers. One of the biggest adjustments was the re-entry of soldiers into the civilian labor force. In 1918, the Armed Forces employed 2.9 million people. This fell to 1.5 million in 1919 and a mere 380,000 by 1920. The impact on the labor market was most striking in 1920, when the civilian labor force increased by 1.6 million people, or 4.1%, in a single year (though smaller than Post-World War II demobilization in 1946 and 1947, it is otherwise the largest documented one-year labor force increase).[2] In the early 1920s, both prices and wages changed more quickly than today, and thus employers may have been quicker to offer reduced wages to returning troops, hence lowering their production costs, and lowering their prices.[2]

And TM, because you can't depend on wiki for everything you can read pretty much from the start down to FDR if you like. You will see what the guy you quoted meant with the "liberal policies."

http://www.anthonygregory.com/historicalrepublicans.html

I have a feeling you will be gone from this thread.

Causes

And TM, because you can't depend on wiki for everything you can read pretty much from the start down to FDR if you like. You will see what the guy you quoted meant with the "liberal policies."

Historical Republicans by Anthony Gregory

Ignorance of facts does not deter TM. Should be accusing us of lies and partisanship any minute now. I'll repeat, this is a failure of Keyesian economics. We must change course or risk a depression.

saveliberty does not understand economics, period, much less the workings of macroeconomics as expounded by John Maynard Keynes. He demonstrated the weakness in the arguments of neoclassical economics. His work was so profound and so well demonstrated in western capitalistic economies, that most of the Western governments adopted his policies. This is common knowledge.

When saveliberty can demonstrate (don't go asking dude oddball because he has trouble understanding what day it is) that he understands the theories then he can be taken seriously. He can't now.

saveliberty does not understand economics, period, much less the workings of macroeconomics as expounded by John Maynard Keynes. He demonstrated the weakness in the arguments of neoclassical economics. His work was so profound and so well demonstrated in western capitalistic economies, that most of the Western governments adopted his policies. This is common knowledge.

When saveliberty can demonstrate (don't go asking dude oddball because he has trouble understanding what day it is) that he understands the theories then he can be taken seriously. He can't now.

It is understood by many of us they the current economics programs don't work. Or do you still hold to; Obama is right?

Causes

Historical Republicans by Anthony Gregory

I didnt read this clap trap because its from some jackass on the internets who has no education is history.

The idiot who wrote this liberal policy crap can talk for himself if he wants to defend his clap trap.

Now wiki is a far more realiable source than the crap you posted. The links are right there in wiki.

Now why dont you tell me what the wiki article meant by tighter monitary policy?

Last edited:
Monetary policy
The United States had adopted the Federal Reserve System in 1913, and the institution was still new. Milton Friedman and Anna Schwartz, in A Monetary History of the United States, identify mistakes in Federal Reserve policy as a key factor in the crisis. At the end of the war the Federal Reserve Bank of New York began raising interest rates sharply. In December 1919 the rate was raised to 4.75% from 5%. A month later it was raised to 6% and in June 1920 it was raised to 7% (the highest interest rates of any period except the 1970s and early 1980s). The high rates sharply reduced the amount of bank lending in the country, both to other banks and to consumers and businesses.[2][8]

Rates were sharply reduced in the latter half of 1921. The New York Federal Reserve reduced rates in successive half-point moves over the July- November period from the 7% high to 4.5% on November 3 1921. The depression ended.

Heres a fucking clue for you

Monetary policy
The United States had adopted the Federal Reserve System in 1913, and the institution was still new. Milton Friedman and Anna Schwartz, in A Monetary History of the United States, identify mistakes in Federal Reserve policy as a key factor in the crisis. At the end of the war the Federal Reserve Bank of New York began raising interest rates sharply. In December 1919 the rate was raised to 4.75% from 5%. A month later it was raised to 6% and in June 1920 it was raised to 7% (the highest interest rates of any period except the 1970s and early 1980s). The high rates sharply reduced the amount of bank lending in the country, both to other banks and to consumers and businesses.[2][8]

Rates were sharply reduced in the latter half of 1921. The New York Federal Reserve reduced rates in successive half-point moves over the July- November period from the 7% high to 4.5% on November 3 1921. The depression ended.

Damn, TM can cut and paste.

Neither do you, Ollie.

I have never claimed to have the answers, only that this shit doesn't work. I can only compare to myself and my financial dealings. And I know that to pay off my mortgage I have to pay on the principal and not add more to it.

Seems all the past few administrations have done is borrow more instead of paying the principal.

Monetary policy

Damn, TM can cut and paste.

they are facts of the numbers at the time Ollie.

I dont need to retype them into my own sentance to make them more facty now do I.

I love how you people seem to think personal insults wieght heavier than the facts.

This monitary policy was a completely idiotic idea.

you dont raise interest rates like that and expect great results huh?

The reactionary right wing simply can't argue the facts so they attack the messengers.

Causes

And you will never look at what got us out of it... To you it was just magic.

Laissez-faire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Warren Harding and Calvin Coolidge.

Smaller Government by shrinking government...Oh and LOWERING taxes.

EVERYTHING OBAMA/BUSH HAVE NOT OR DIDN’T DO.

No nooo... TM like's FDR's tactic... prolong the depression, make it 10 years long, why not! Up taxes, start massive entitlement programs and grow Government. Then wait on a war to suck up all the poor unemployed (20%+ unemployment) and applaud yourself!!

Like I said… You suffer from the progressive liberal mindset of “history starts where I say.” I should add “History ends where it is convenient.”
Two depressions, two Governing styles to deal with them…

It must blow your F-ing mind that the scary evil free market got the US out of the depression in about one year and NO NATINAL DEBT WAS ADDED TO IN ORDER TO DO THIS.

Please show where the free market got us out of the depression in one year?

Monetary policy

Well...here's a clue for you then. You are quoting from early Friedman when he was a Keyesian. He later recanted and became an economist for Ronald Reagan. So yes...thanks for the source. It bites you bad.

These creeps, TM, and several on the left here, are getting paid for it. I doubt they believe any of it.

Forum List

Back