Unemployment Down to 7.8%

The Unemployment Rate is now lower than when Obama took office. The October report shows 7.8% based on 800,000 new jobs.

Employment Situation Summary

Gallup and ADP employment greats are shown to have been treading downward, supported in the National Data!

Romney's Tax Rate lies--he is at 13% not at 50% like in his misperception debate story--are not like this report at all!

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(Mainly, according to Romney-Ryan, however: "It's the Big Bird, Stupid!")

The problem for the GOP is that the electorate knows damned well whose policies created this economic debacle. And they are voting for the candidate that at least understands that more tax breaks for the rich is not going to solve the problem.

I love the moonbat response:

So what if Obama sucks, he's still gonna win! ... :thup:

Yeah, I was hopeful until I saw the 114,000 new jobs. We need 160,000 just to stay even, that means that a ton of people have stopped looking. Sheeee-it. Not good.

The analyst I was watching, some guy named Payne or Paine was skeptical and said it won't stand come the revisions.

They revised the July and August numbers UPWARDS.

ha ha

So much for the GOP's 8% UE talking point.

Unleash the conspiracy theories!!!!!!!!!!!

Look at the numbers a bit. Only 114K new jobs.

Bad.

I know what the numbers are. I also know that the rightwing propaganda machine has been trying to simplistically milk that 8% number for propaganda purposes for about 3 years;

now they can try to dance with that shoe on the other foot.

Well, I'll let the partisan propagandists play their silly and predictable games. My concern is the health of the economy...

A guy on Morning Joe says all these UE numbers don't mean much to him
it's the growth of the GDP that catches his eye.And our GDP has been awful
for years now.

I'm not getting moist in my panties because Obama's fluffers found a way to get the UE number
below 8%

"The 7.8% figure reflects the percentage of the total workforce who are unemployed and are actively looking for work. This figure does not include unemployed members of the workforce who are not actively looking for work, nor does it factor in workers with part-time jobs who are seeking full-time employment. When these workers are included, the (U-6) un/underemployment rate for August was 14.7%. "
Unemployment Rate: BLS Unemployment Rate and Jobs Report for September On Friday After First Presidential Debate

Last edited:
Participation Rate is still way to low. Real unemployment still above 11%. Only 114,000 jobs added in Sept which means the rate will likely be revised back above 8% next month.

I have been saying for 2 years that this administration would find a way
to get a good UE number right before the election....

I love being right.

I don't think 7.8% is a good number do you? 23 million unemployed and only 114,000 found a job?

"The 7.8% figure reflects the percentage of the total workforce who are unemployed and are actively looking for work. This figure does not include unemployed members of the workforce who are not actively looking for work, nor does it factor in workers with part-time jobs who are seeking full-time employment. When these workers are included, the (U-6) un/underemployment rate for August was 14.7%. "

Unemployment Rate: BLS Unemployment Rate and Jobs Report for September On Friday After First Presidential Debate

What's your point? Has the Obama administration changed how the numbers are calculated? They are doing this the same way it has been done for 2 decades.

Participation Rate is still way to low. Real unemployment still above 11%. Only 114,000 jobs added in Sept which means the rate will likely be revised back above 8% next month.

Nothing in the jobs report supports your negative spin statement...

Face it, the economy is recovering, and numbers were corrected for July and August...

One thing you guys are forgetting....Holiday hiring. The numbers aren't bullshit, they just reflect the start of hiring for the holiday season. The sad thing is....these are shitty temp jobs that only 20% become shitty permanent jobs.

Forum List

Back