Unemployment Down to 7.8%

It's amazing that the right is unhappy that unemployment is going down. Shows you where their priorities are.

No, the right is realistic and isn't getting gaga over a .2 drop they isn't likely real. Still losing more jobs than are being created. That's the difference, Ace.

Do you make things up or do you not know how this works? The hiring numbers are not the same surveys as those that tabulate unemployment.

Employment Situation Summary

Stuart Varney or you...I 'll go with him and the others. The numbers can be spun by both sides. Bottom line...there's nothing here to wet yourself over as you seem to be doing.

Last edited:
Ironic that the left is happy that unemployment is "only" 7.8%. Shows you what they really don't know about reality. That and the fact that in reality it's far higher.

Let them enjoy what they think is good nrews after the beating they took 2 dyas ago.

It's amazing that the right is unhappy that unemployment is going down. Shows you where their priorities are.

Ace....let me explain something to you...

The unemployment numbers are inaccurate for all administrations....it does not reflect anything real other than the basics...and more often than not, they are revised in a negative direction.

The most important number...and the most telling number...and the most accurate number....is NEW HIRES.

As a country...taking into consideration new entrants into the job market....we need 130K new jobs a month to not have a net loss of jobs.

Anything less than 130K new jobs means there are more people not working that want to work.

We have 15K MORE people not working this month that want to work than we did last month.

That is not a good thing.

It's keeping with the trend. Steady job growth with a lot of ground to make up. And, again what do we get from the right? "You're not cleaning up our mess fast enough".

Ya'll would blame your hangover on the guy making you breakfast, I swear.

wait seawytch.....steady job growth?

We had less hires in september than we did in August. How is that steady job growth?

We are gaining jobs, not losing them. That's steady job growth. From losing 700,000 jobs a month to gaining jobs is job growth. These aren't difficult concepts. More jobs created in four years than the predecessor, he who shall not be named, made in eight. That's job growth.

It's great to see the Right NOW decide that an elaborate analysis of the numbers is in order,

after all those months of squawking about 8% 8% 8% as if knowing that number was all that mattered.

Participation Rate is still way to low. Real unemployment still above 11%. Only 114,000 jobs added in Sept which means the rate will likely be revised back above 8% next month.

I have been saying for 2 years that this administration would find a way
to get a good UE number right before the election....

I love being right.

I don't think 7.8% is a good number do you? 23 million unemployed and only 114,000 found a job?

My point all along was that a way would be found to get the UE number down below 8%
right before the election in order to give the President a nice little boost right before the election...Odd isn't it that this happened when the amount of jobs added was pathetic.

No, the right is realistic and isn't getting gaga over a .2 drop they isn't likely real. Still losing more jobs than are being created. That's the difference, Ace.

Do you make things up or do you not know how this works? The hiring numbers are not the same surveys as those that tabulate unemployment.

what is more important to you?

The percentage of people deemed unemployed...

or...

The actual number of people that want to work, but cant find emplooyment.

Participation Rate is still way to low. Real unemployment still above 11%. Only 114,000 jobs added in Sept which means the rate will likely be revised back above 8% next month.

They are cooking the books.. Trying to make the prez looks good.. And they said most jobs created are PART time jobs not real good paying jobs .. Jobs that will still need gov assistance

It's keeping with the trend. Steady job growth with a lot of ground to make up. And, again what do we get from the right? "You're not cleaning up our mess fast enough".

We had less hires in september than we did in August. How is that steady job growth?

We are gaining jobs, not losing them. That's steady job growth. From losing 700,000 jobs a month to gaining jobs is job growth. These aren't difficult concepts. More jobs created in four years than the predecessor, he who shall not be named, made in eight. That's job growth.

there is ALWAYS job growth after a recession......especially when there were so many jobs lost during the recession.

But an honest analysis looks at trends.

September shows that there are 15K MORE people not working that want to work.

You may want to tout is as great....

But my guess is 15K people do not see it the same way.

Isn't she a teacher??? O.M.G!! :eek:

OMG...no she isn't! She's still smart enough to know that we are adding jobs, not losing them as we were when President Obama took office. Back then it was 700,000 jobs a month we were shedding. Housing is starting to come back, the stock market is more than doubled what it was four years ago, corporate profits have returned to their pre-recession levels. What a communist this Obama guy is... :rolleyes:

What this proves is...

The TeaBags are even inept at Obstructionism... They can't even do that right.

Isn't she a teacher??? O.M.G!! :eek:

OMG...no she isn't! She's still smart enough to know that we are adding jobs, not losing them as we were when President Obama took office. Back then it was 700,000 jobs a month we were shedding. Housing is starting to come back, the stock market is more than doubled what it was four years ago, corporate profits have returned to their pre-recession levels. What a communist this Obama guy is... :rolleyes:

you are great at regurgitating talking points.

Making you not worth my time.

The Unemployment Rate is now lower than when Obama took office. The October report shows 7.8% based on 800,000 new jobs.

Gallup and ADP employment greats are shown to have been treading downward, supported in the National Data!

Romney's Tax Rate lies--he is at 13% not at 50% like in his misperception debate story--are not like this report at all!

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(Mainly, according to Romney-Ryan, however: "It's the Big Bird, Stupid!")

Liar- Many are part time $8.00 an hour jobs ,and millions have just gave up .....

Get ready for this b.s......

kenobi.jpg

The Unemployment Rate is now lower than when Obama took office. The October report shows 7.8% based on 800,000 new jobs.

Gallup and ADP employment greats are shown to have been treading downward, supported in the National Data!

Romney's Tax Rate lies--he is at 13% not at 50% like in his misperception debate story--are not like this report at all!

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(Mainly, according to Romney-Ryan, however: "It's the Big Bird, Stupid!")

:lol: wait for the adjusted numbers in 2 weeks ;)

What this proves is...

Spoken by Sparky!...the man who claims to have worked at Fox News and used to sit around the cafeteria table with all of the Fox News analysts and anchors LAUGHING at the fair and balanced slogan.

In other words...he is an admitted liar.

Hey SParky! How ya doing?

May be time to change them there underwear...sitting in mommys basement pounding on your computer all day while sitting in your underwear...tends to make you forget what day it is.

Ironic that the left is happy that unemployment is "only" 7.8%. Shows you what they really don't know about reality. That and the fact that in reality it's far higher.

Let them enjoy what they think is good nrews after the beating they took 2 dyas ago.

Ace....let me explain something to you...

The unemployment numbers are inaccurate for all administrations....it does not reflect anything real other than the basics...and more often than not, they are revised in a negative direction.

The most important number...and the most telling number...and the most accurate number....is NEW HIRES.

As a country...taking into consideration new entrants into the job market....we need 130K new jobs a month to not have a net loss of jobs.

Anything less than 130K new jobs means there are more people not working that want to work.

We have 15K MORE people not working this month that want to work than we did last month.

Did you miss the part where July and August were revised up? People not looking is down and the unemployment rate is down. How is this not a good thing?

Not next month, probably next friday or the friday after at 4 pm like is typically done ;).

Maybe they will revise it down for the first time instead of up!

114, 000 jobs expected, 114, 000 jobs added. 8.2 percent unemployment expected some how 7.8 percent is what it is. Wow more fraudulent numbers from a fraudulent administration. What a joke. I bet Obama voters are dumb enough to believe.

What this proves is...

Spoken by Sparky!...the man who claims to have worked at Fox News and used to sit around the cafeteria table with all of the Fox News analysts and anchors LAUGHING at the fair and balanced slogan.

In other words...he is an admitted liar.

Hey SParky! How ya doing?

May be time to change them there underwear...sitting in mommys basement pounding on your computer all day while sitting in your underwear...tends to make you forget what day it is.

I think he spelled his name wrong and doesn't know it. :D

Forum List

Back