Unemployment Down to 7.8%

We're not shedding jobs. Thats a good thing. I wish it was greater and stronger.

I have other questions--does anyone have extended knoweldge of the topic?

The payroll survey revisions are all upward!

"You can relax at the debate at 7.8" is the CNBC new spin on what happened!

So now there is hope for Big Bird! What a major change for Big Bird!

There is hope for that household Romney met in St. Louis: At the 50% of income paid in regressive taxes. Romney, by contrast, pays 13% in at least two years anyone has heard of. Obama will likely bring in liberals who get the tax system back to progressive rates!

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken Not Stirred!)
(Hmmmmm! Rich Kemosabe may too much on Loco Weed--looking frenzied!)

It's keeping with the trend. Steady job growth with a lot of ground to make up. And, again what do we get from the right? "You're not cleaning up our mess fast enough".

Ya'll would blame your hangover on the guy making you breakfast, I swear.

One thing you guys are forgetting....Holiday hiring. The numbers aren't bullshit, they just reflect the start of hiring for the holiday season. The sad thing is....these are shitty temp jobs that only 20% become shitty permanent jobs.

Contract employees for the holiday season do not go onb payroll until 10-15 of any given year.

We used to furnish NYC retailers with such contract employees.....the first two weeks was for off site traininng...and on or about november 1st they are trickled into the location.

September numbers do not reflect that at all.

However....7.8 looks good on the outside....but 115K new hires isw an issue...a major issue.

Hiring is regressing.

What's your point? Has the Obama administration changed how the numbers are calculated? They are doing this the same way it has been done for 2 decades.

It's not the Obama Administration but the minions doing it the same way for the White House for 2 decades.

It's keeping with the trend. Steady job growth with a lot of ground to make up. And, again what do we get from the right? "You're not cleaning up our mess fast enough".

wait seawytch.....steady job growth?

We had less hires in september than we did in August. How is that steady job growth?

We are still losing jobs under democrats!

Data extracted on: October 5, 2012 (8:48:45 AM)

Labor Force Statistics from the Current Population Survey

Series Id: LNS11300000
Seasonally Adjusted Series title: (Seas) Labor Force Participation Rate
Labor force status: Civilian labor force participation rateType of data:
Percent or rateAge: 16 years and over

latest_numbers_LNS11300000_2002_2012_all_period_M09_data.gif

Democrats took power January 1, 2007. Just look at their disaster!
fredgraph.png

Last edited:
ha ha

So much for the GOP's 8% UE talking point.

Unleash the conspiracy theories!!!!!!!!!!!

Look at the numbers a bit. Only 114K new jobs.

Bad.

That's the key, we need 125, 000 a month just to break even. So even if unemployment went down, it has really gone up. It means more people have given up.

Did you miss the part where they revised July and August upwards? Also, more people have started looking for work.

WTF?? Does the left really believe this means jobs are growing?? Are you kidding me??? Holy ObamaBird, are they really that stupid??

Aren't some of these idiots teaching our kids?? :bang3:

Ironic that the left is happy that unemployment is "only" 7.8%. Shows you what they really don't know about reality. That and the fact that in reality it's far higher.

Let them enjoy what they think is good news after the beating they took 2 dyas ago.

Two words:

Seasonal Hiring.

you beat me to it.

Thats what was said last year...we added jobs every month this year...last year's seasonals seemed to have stuck on somewhat.

we did not add jobs every month this year.

When 115K are hired....but 130K needed to break even....we have a loss of 15K....

if you want to debate the topic, you need to be honest.

However...I agree....this has nothing to do with seasonal hiring. Seasonal hiring takes place in mid october.

Ironic that the left is happy that unemployment is "only" 7.8%. Shows you what they really don't know about reality. That and the fact that in reality it's far higher.

Let them enjoy what they think is good nrews after the beating they took 2 dyas ago.

It's amazing that the right is unhappy that unemployment is going down. Shows you where their priorities are.

We had less hires in september than we did in August. How is that steady job growth?

Isn't she a teacher??? O.M.G!! :eek:

Let them enjoy what they think is good nrews after the beating they took 2 dyas ago.

It's amazing that the right is unhappy that unemployment is going down. Shows you where their priorities are.

No, the right is realistic and isn't getting gaga over a .2 drop they isn't likely real. Still losing more jobs than are being created. That's the difference, Ace.

Last edited:

Isn't she a teacher??? O.M.G!! :eek:

doesnt matter what she is.

When one is as jaded as she is, one will never see error in ones party policies.

Participation Rate is still way to low. Real unemployment still above 11%. Only 114,000 jobs added in Sept which means the rate will likely be revised back above 8% next month.

There are TWO seperate surveys here. JOBS (up 114,00) is NON-FARM PAYROLL JOBS ONLY.
It excludes agriculture, the self employed, unpaid family workers and some others. NOT USED TO CALCULATE UNEMPLOYMENT.

The Unemployment data is not revised except in December for seasonal adjustment.

I wonder how many people dropped out of the labor market?
NONE. Labor Force Increased 418,000

Yeah, I was hopeful until I saw the 114,000 new jobs. We need 160,000 just to stay even, that means that a ton of people have stopped looking. Sheeee-it. Not good.

Again, 2 seperate surveys. TOTAL EMPLOYMENT, used for the UE rate, increased 873,000

So where did those .4% get disappeared to?

They stopped looking.

WRONG. The UE rate is Unemployed/Labor Force and Labor Force is Employed + Unemployed.
August: Employed = 142,101,000
Unemployed = 12,544,000
Therefore Labor Force = 154,645,000 and UE rate was 12,544,000/154,645,000 = 8.1%

September: Employed = 142,974,000 (+873,000)
Unemployed = 12,088,000 (-456,000)
Therefore Labor Force = 155,063,000 (+418,000) and UE rate = 12,088,000/155,063,000 = 7.8%

No, the right is realistic and isn't getting gaga over a .2 drop they isn't likely real. Still losing more jobs than are being created. That's the difference, Ace.

Do you make things up or do you not know how this works? The hiring numbers are not the same surveys as those that tabulate unemployment.

Forum List

Back