Unemployment Down to 7.8%

U6 stayed the same... A true indication of unemployment...

But if the libs want to be happy that hundreds of thousands of people had to settle for part time work ("Burger Flipping Jobs" as Pelosi calls them) because theres nothing full-time available, then have at it...:thup:

They don't care how much Obama lies. They know those numbers are bullshit. They don't care. This is a guy who basically climbed over the bodies of his dead state department personnel to do a stump speech in Vegas. They've got no problem with it. The guy asks defense contractors to ignore the WARN Act, even offers to pick up the legal fees... they've got no problem with it.

Please. They know full well this is just more political obfuscation... lies. They're snickering behind their hands like 2nd graders who saw a little girl's panties under the monkey bars. :rolleyes:

I agree with much of your post.

However, the part I boplded took away much of its credibility.

I do not blame the ones who bribe. I blame the ones who take the bribe.

The private sector can do anything they want to try to get congress to make decisions in their favor.

Once congress makes those decisions, I blame congress.

When my son asked for the keys to the car when he was 12.....was he wrong for asking or would I have been the wrong one if I gave them to him?

Of course you don't. These people aren't 12 and this isn't the keys to the car. Stupid analogy.

We have a rigged political system in which it takes a hell of a lot of money to compete, let alone WIN a National election. It's not a matter of corruption, it's a matter of simply running for office....Then, after you're in....the lobbyists come a calling....Remember your boy Boehner passing out checks on the House floor from the tobacco lobby? I'm sure there's plenty of other examples from both sides that we never hear about.

The bottom line is that once you're in their pockets....and you simply HAVE to be just to get elected....they have you.

You lost much credibility with me for excusing the actions of the private sector. In order to have what the AM Radio boys call "critical thinking skills" Those skills need to be applied across the board. Not just at the people you don't agree with.

Oh...I get it...you want to be adversarial.

Go for it.

I expect the private secotr to have greedy individuals. Just as it has ethical ones. I do not condone the greed. I accept it as human nature.

However I expect my elected officials to do the right thing. When they dont, I blame them.

As for my "stupid" analogy....

If my 26 year old son was drunk and asked me for the keys to my car and I gave them to him......who is wrong...the one who is guided by his drunkness....or the one who has a repsonsibility to do the right thing and not guided by anything but my responsibilities?

You expect the private sector to be greedy and accept it? That explains a lot. I expect it too, and want to squash it....it's destroying our country.

What if your 26 year old son knew you cheated on his mom and threatened to tell your wife? Because, quite simply....your analogy is wrong. The 26 year old son, in this case....Got dad elected to office with his donations to the campaign.

You are making it out to be a black and white issue here and it's not like that. These people are calling in their chips for past favors(campaign donations)...they sweeten the pot to keep them on the hook, but they are already boughten.

Yeah, I was hopeful until I saw the 114,000 new jobs. We need 160,000 just to stay even, that means that a ton of people have stopped looking. Sheeee-it. Not good.

The analyst I was watching, some guy named Payne or Paine was skeptical and said it won't stand come the revisions.

what I find interesting is the participation rate is lower now than in July, yet the unemployment number has gone down. Looking even further, a number of jobs were added at the federal level. Another interesting thing to note, is most of the jobs were added to the transportaion and warehouse sector yet strangely, orders are down.

Reuters
9:27 a.m. CDT, October 4, 2012
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Demand for U.S. factory goods in August fell by the most since January 2009, but the second straight month of gains in orders outside transportation hinted at a less rapid loss of momentum in manufacturing activity
Factory orders post largest fall since recession - chicagotribune.com

Your math sucks. Table A1
Total Employment went from 142,101,000 to 142,974,000 (increase of 873,000)
Unemployed went from 12,544,000 to 12,088,000 (decrease of 456,000)
People Not in the Labor Force who want a job now (but aren't looking and/or aren't available) went from 6,957,000 to 6,727,000 (decrease of 230,000)

So there are FEWER people who want a job and don't have one (686,000 fewer)

The 114,000 change is Non farm payroll jobs, NOT total employment, and is not used to calculate the UE rate.

And here we have pinqy using the source that COOKS the numbers to justify why someone is wrong.:eusa_whistle:

And your source of data is...?????

125,000 jobs need to be created every month for account for growth in the American workforce, 114,000 were created, so we have 11,000 job short fall. We were at 8.1% unemployment and now we fell to 7.9%, yet we didn't meet the minimum job growth. That doesn't make sense.

Yeah, I was hopeful until I saw the 114,000 new jobs. We need 160,000 just to stay even, that means that a ton of people have stopped looking. Sheeee-it. Not good.

The analyst I was watching, some guy named Payne or Paine was skeptical and said it won't stand come the revisions.

what I find interesting is the participation rate is lower now than in July, yet the unemployment number has gone down. Looking even further, a number of jobs were added at the federal level. Another interesting thing to note, is most of the jobs were added to the transportaion and warehouse sector yet strangely, orders are down.

Reuters
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Demand for U.S. factory goods in August fell by the most since January 2009, but the second straight month of gains in orders outside transportation hinted at a less rapid loss of momentum in manufacturing activity

None of it makes sense. The one thing that American people will not tolerate is being lied to. We are being lied to big time. Most people will recognize this. As soon as it starts not making sense, there will be the realization that it's just not true. People generally react with fury when they've been snowed this badly.

And here we have pinqy using the source that COOKS the numbers to justify why someone is wrong.:eusa_whistle:

125,000 jobs need to be created every month for account for growth in the American workforce, 114,000 were created, so we have 11,000 job short fall. We were at 8.1% unemployment and now we fell to 7.9%, yet we didn't meet the minimum job growth. That doesn't make sense.

As has already been stated, previous months were revised up by 68k. So there wasn't a 11k short fall, there was a 57k addition.

Which is why I don't buy the 125,000 created each month benchmark. Lets look at it:

That means that each year, 1.5 million people enter the workforce. Right (125,000 X 12)?

So if that were the case, we should never have more than 1.5 million more jobs created in a year then, right?

Am I missing something so far?

Which is why I don't buy the 125,000 created each month benchmark. Lets look at it:

That means that each year, 1.5 million people enter the workforce. Right (125,000 X 12)?

So if that were the case, we should never have more than 1.5 million more jobs created in a year then, right?

Im not sure how you came to that conclusion. It just means if there are more then 1.5M then the UE rate should go down. I don't know how you came to the conclusion of "never". Also the stronger the economy, the more immigration, so even more jobs are needed to in a strong economy.

As usual of course you are.
When the job market is growing people who were not working and not counted suddenly decide to enter the workforce. Maybe they were in school. Maybe they were retired. Maybe they were stay at home moms. But the workforce is pretty flexible.
But this is why workforce participation has been falling: people getting discouraged with the Obama job market and dropping out.

Publicly funded elections, each party getting an equal share of the Kitty. Overturn Citizen's United and abolish CPACS. Once that public money is gone, they're done. So they'll need to spend it wisely. There could be exceptions in primary races...but it would have to be highly regulated and strictly enforced.

If you want exact details, I'm afraid that one person can't think of every scenario and have all the answers. It would require a Committee of people determining how best to implement it. But, if you want to get rid of corporate, union, and other special interests in our electoral system....it would be worth the effort and would probably save 100X the cost of implementing it in useless legislation.

Wouldn't it be easier and less expensive just to have the news media and unions appoint our rulers?

It would be the same result.

Oh that's right....you're moron. re-read my last paragraph.

Im not sure how you came to that conclusion. It just means if there are more then 1.5M then the UE rate should go down. I don't know how you came to the conclusion of "never". Also the stronger the economy, the more immigration, so even more jobs are needed to in a strong economy.

I got it from this:

125,000 jobs need to be created every month for account for growth in the American workforce,

If you multiply that times 12 months, that is 1.5 Million. Where I made my mistake was not accounting for the currently unemployed.

:redface:

Reuters

None of it makes sense. The one thing that American people will not tolerate is being lied to. We are being lied to big time. Most people will recognize this. As soon as it starts not making sense, there will be the realization that it's just not true. People generally react with fury when they've been snowed this badly.

I've got to say, I have had people that usually don't talk politics with me, bring it up today, saying the books have to be cooked as it just doesn't make sense. So there is hope yet.

Where you going to make a counter point? Or were you just mindlessely blathering?

Oh, my point was made quite well.

well judging from your analogy, you seem to be under the impression that I said that the economy sucks, but its not Obama's fault. When in fact, I wasn't trying to make either of those points. So obviously you either have reading comprehension skills, or you have no idea how to make an argument. Disproving an argument the other person wasn't trying to make is not how one debates, I'm not sure if they have even bothered to make a fallacy for that.

I got it from this:

125,000 jobs need to be created every month for account for growth in the American workforce,

If you multiply that times 12 months, that is 1.5 Million. Where I made my mistake was not accounting for the currently unemployed.

Ah, I c what u did there. Well played.

I got it from this:

Ah, I c what u did there. Well played.

Do you (or any one else) know how we figure a person has stopped looking for work?

Forum List

Back