Understanding and Respect one another

Considering that a majority of posters listen to hate-radio or regularly visit hyper-partisan blogs and that's how they develop their opinions, without checking the entire picture.This habit has led them to be pretty set in their ways to hate the other side. Heck, there are some that also hate the middle and associate the middle with the other side that they hate so much.
Yeah, it would be refreshing but I'm afraid it's a lost cause.
To be honest, it just on keeps on getting worse. :cry:
You speak for yourself

Religious lunatics have been murdering each other there for thousands of years. It's best to just leave them to it. Many have thought they could stop it, but they can't.
Trouble is most of it was Christian inspired ..............as history shows
The trouble was there long before Christians. Pick a God, any God, and I'll bet you anything far too many people have died for them.
Excellent and True post Oldschool........Thanks steve
Btw what is Mullaloo?
It's the Suburb in Perth,Western Australia where I live(check it out on google earth) Aboriginal name to describe an area where shellfish was found and eaten...in season) we also have a suburb called Innaloo(true) and it doesn't mean where Aboriginals had a shit.......there is Wanneroo,Pinaroo etc.,we are big on Aboriginal(the 1st Australians) place names...............steve

Religious lunatics have been murdering each other there for thousands of years. It's best to just leave them to it. Many have thought they could stop it, but they can't.
The trouble was there long before Christians. Pick a God, any God, and I'll bet you anything far too many people have died for them.
Btw what is Mullaloo?
It's the Suburb in Perth,Western Australia where I live(check it out on google earth) Aboriginal name to describe an area where shellfish was found and eaten...in season) we also have a suburb called Innaloo(true) and it doesn't mean where Aboriginals had a shit.......there is Wanneroo,Pinaroo etc.,we are big on Aboriginal(the 1st Australians) place names...............steve
I just looked it up on Wikipedia. It seems like a beautiful city. I've heard of it before but I don't know much about Australia. How far a drive is it to Sidney and the east coast? I ask totally out of curiosity. I want to visit the continent one day.

That's not the point. The question is, will "you" do it? Will you even "try" to understand the other side? That seems to be the underlying point of this thread.

Just because someone else "won't" do it, "I" won't do it either? Is that what you're saying? Is that your point? If I'm wrong, then tell me. I'm all ears.

Perhaps you touched on the real problem ... "Will you even 'try' to understand the other side?"

Too many people think that holding an opposing view means the other person doesn't understand your side or position.
It is often quite to the contrary ... And they simply don't agree with your side or position.
I hate it in the real world when you disagree with the measures someone is proposing ... And they just think you are stupid and don't understand what they want.

I am willing to listen to just about anyone's argument ... But that doesn't mean their argument is worth the time it takes to make.
I think most people want agreement and acceptance more than an attempt to understand.

I mean face it ... If your ideas don't require agreement nor acceptance ... Then you can do what needs to be done without complicating matters by getting others involved to screw things up.

Btw what is Mullaloo?
I just looked it up on Wikipedia. It seems like a beautiful city. I've heard of it before but I don't know much about Australia. How far a drive is it to Sidney and the east coast? I ask totally out of curiosity. I want to visit the continent one day.
Well Mullaloo has beaches to die for,a high participation of solar rooftop energy(I think Australia has the highest in the world) and considering it's so close to the beach,very high swimming pool ownership....plenty of schools and public open spaces and sports ovals....check it out on google earth street level.

We are on the West Coast ...Sydney is on the East Coast and I think it's about 3950km distance (A bloody long walk) we are the worlds biggest Island but the smallest continent,when American Servicemen and Women R+R here they love it,and why not we respect them.....although they think we are unusual at times for example,it is Illegal to drink Alcohol in a Public Place and you can never carry a Gun in this country.We are blessed in many ways including the many different peoples that have made Australia HOME

Last edited:
Btw what is Mullaloo?
Well Mullaloo has beaches to die for,a high participation of solar rooftop energy(I think Australia has the highest in the world) and considering it's so close to the beach,very high swimming pool ownership....plenty of schools and public open spaces and sports ovals....check it out on google earth street level.

We are on the West Coast ...Sydney is on the East Coast and I think it's about 3500km distance (A bloody long walk) we are the worlds biggest Island but the smallest continent,when American Servicemen and Women R+R here they love it,and why not we respect them.....although they think we are unusual at times for example,it is Illegal to drink Alcohol in a Public Place and you can never carry a Gun in this country.We are blessed in many ways including the many different peoples that have made Australia HOME
Well let me tell you Australia is definitely top 5 on my bucket list. You're pretty much on the complete other side of the freaking world! How am I able to talk to you right now?! :laugh:

Your country/continent is awesome. Come visit the U.S. People will treat you like a king from your accent alone!

Btw what is Mullaloo?

We are on the West Coast ...Sydney is on the East Coast and I think it's about 3500km distance (A bloody long walk) we are the worlds biggest Island but the smallest continent,when American Servicemen and Women R+R here they love it,and why not we respect them.....although they think we are unusual at times for example,it is Illegal to drink Alcohol in a Public Place and you can never carry a Gun in this country.We are blessed in many ways including the many different peoples that have made Australia HOME
Well let me tell you Australia is definitely top 5 on my bucket list. You're pretty much on the complete other side of the freaking world! How am I able to talk to you right now?! :laugh:

Your country/continent is awesome. Come visit the U.S. People will treat you like a king from your accent alone!
Old School,I agree...........you know what I like about Australians(and Tourists) is that when you land at Perth Airport....as the plane is landing the entire passengers CLAP as the plane lands,I travel the world extensively and I have never seen this anywhere else.

I have been to the US a number of times and the Americans always make you feel at home.......just remember if you come here,you are always welcome at our table.steve

Btw what is Mullaloo?

Old School,I agree...........you know what I like about Australians is that when you land at Perth Airport....as the plane is landing the entire passengers CLAP as the plane lands,I travel the world extensively and I have never seen this anywhere else.

I have been to the US a number of times and the Americans always make you feel at home.......just remember if you come here,you are always welcome at our table.steve
We don't think top 5.........just Number 1..........

Yeah sure, why don't we all hold hands and ask ISIS and Al Queda to join us in singing the Kumbaya?

cantwealljustgetalong.jpg

ISIS.jpg

25B628A500000578-2955345-image-m-4_1424077667026.jpg

1416177286374_wps_21_An_image_grab_taken_from_.jpg

53edeff7c7e7a.jpg

tumblr_inline_n9ycfabiR21qij8k6.jpg

25AE1D3A00000578-2953742-image-a-3_1423937769491.jpg

National_Park_Service_9-11_Statue_of_Liberty_and_WTC_fire.jpg

9-11_Disaster_C11.jpg
Yes we all understand your point regarding ISIS but this is NOT THE PALESTINIANS.........ISIS are a world threat.....and were created in the VIOD the Americans created................Time for the US to STOP sitting on the FENCE

ISIS and Hamas are the same Muslim Brotherhood originated Iskamic terrorist evil. Except in the case of Hamas Israel is doing a great job containing the animals, while the nincompoop we have for president has allowed ISIS to take one town after another.

It isn't hard, it's impossible.

Progressives do not care about facts, or logic, or law, or anything other than winning. Win at all costs, no matter the consequences. This spans from the top of the party, all the way down to the lefties here arguing at USMB. All that matters is the win. They will lie, deflect, troll, and whatever else it takes EXCEPT listen. that they will not do.

Think that is just a right winger hating on the left and exaggerating? Well, consider the cases of Trayvon Martin and Robert Brown. The progressives argued relentlessly, without knowing any facts in the case, without caring about the law, that George Zimmerman was guilty and Darren Wilson too. Dozens of threads later, after they all swore that Trayvon was shot for no reason, and that Wilson shot a fleeing Brown in the back, they trials are over and we know that nothing they claimed was true. Did any of them acknowledge that they were wrong? No. In fact many are still maintaining that Zimmerman and Wilson are guilty to this day. Despite the fact that our own Justice Department, run by a black man with a huge chip on his shoulder, couldn't find a case to charge either of them with ANY crime at all, they still are too immature to admit error.

If you do try to discuss anything with them they will try to drag you off topic, they will ask for links and proof that when you provide it, they will call it bogus. And even if they are so totally off base that dozens of people show them to be wrong in one thread, they will disappear and show up in some other thread at a later time saying the exact thing that you just debunked.

Discussing anything with a progressive is a waste of time. I have no respect for them because respect is earned and they have only earned disgust.

I know that this is the Israel board, but since you mentioned those other matters, I'd like to comment on them. I didn't follow the Robert Brown case so I can't comment on that, but the Martin case infuriated me. Why did a young man of 19 have to die just because he took a walk to a convenience store to buy a candy bar or a can of soda? Why did that nutcase Zimmerman have to follow him and provoke him into a fight? I don't know what happened in the fight--it could be that Martin, being younger and stronger, got the upper hand. But the point is that he shouldn't have been followed in the first place. Martin didn't commit any kind of crime to warrant being followed by Zimmerman, who wasn't even a cop. And Zimmerman has been in several brushes with the law since that time. Zimmerman should at least have been charged in that case of violating Martin's civil rights. How? By following him in the first place. No one should have to die in America for buying a can of soda.
Well Zimmerman is a Zionist...need I say any more

ZIONISM=FCUKED IN THE HEAD

Zimmerman is a Zionist? Zimmerman isn't even Jewish you moron.

I can't tell if you're on too many drugs or not enough.

Yeah sure, why don't we all hold hands and ask ISIS and Al Queda to join us in singing the Kumbaya?

cantwealljustgetalong.jpg

ISIS.jpg

25B628A500000578-2955345-image-m-4_1424077667026.jpg

1416177286374_wps_21_An_image_grab_taken_from_.jpg

53edeff7c7e7a.jpg

tumblr_inline_n9ycfabiR21qij8k6.jpg

25AE1D3A00000578-2953742-image-a-3_1423937769491.jpg

National_Park_Service_9-11_Statue_of_Liberty_and_WTC_fire.jpg

9-11_Disaster_C11.jpg
Yes we all understand your point regarding ISIS but this is NOT THE PALESTINIANS.........ISIS are a world threat.....and were created in the VIOD the Americans created................Time for the US to STOP sitting on the FENCE

ISIS and Hamas are the same Muslim Brotherhood originated Iskamic terrorist evil. Except in the case of Hamas Israel is doing a great job containing the animals, while the nincompoop we have for president has allowed ISIS to take one town after another.
Hamas are not ISIS,ISIS formed in the vacuum the Americans left behind in Iraq..steve

Progressives do not care about facts, or logic, or law, or anything other than winning. Win at all costs, no matter the consequences. This spans from the top of the party, all the way down to the lefties here arguing at USMB. All that matters is the win. They will lie, deflect, troll, and whatever else it takes EXCEPT listen. that they will not do.

Think that is just a right winger hating on the left and exaggerating? Well, consider the cases of Trayvon Martin and Robert Brown. The progressives argued relentlessly, without knowing any facts in the case, without caring about the law, that George Zimmerman was guilty and Darren Wilson too. Dozens of threads later, after they all swore that Trayvon was shot for no reason, and that Wilson shot a fleeing Brown in the back, they trials are over and we know that nothing they claimed was true. Did any of them acknowledge that they were wrong? No. In fact many are still maintaining that Zimmerman and Wilson are guilty to this day. Despite the fact that our own Justice Department, run by a black man with a huge chip on his shoulder, couldn't find a case to charge either of them with ANY crime at all, they still are too immature to admit error.

If you do try to discuss anything with them they will try to drag you off topic, they will ask for links and proof that when you provide it, they will call it bogus. And even if they are so totally off base that dozens of people show them to be wrong in one thread, they will disappear and show up in some other thread at a later time saying the exact thing that you just debunked.

Discussing anything with a progressive is a waste of time. I have no respect for them because respect is earned and they have only earned disgust.

I know that this is the Israel board, but since you mentioned those other matters, I'd like to comment on them. I didn't follow the Robert Brown case so I can't comment on that, but the Martin case infuriated me. Why did a young man of 19 have to die just because he took a walk to a convenience store to buy a candy bar or a can of soda? Why did that nutcase Zimmerman have to follow him and provoke him into a fight? I don't know what happened in the fight--it could be that Martin, being younger and stronger, got the upper hand. But the point is that he shouldn't have been followed in the first place. Martin didn't commit any kind of crime to warrant being followed by Zimmerman, who wasn't even a cop. And Zimmerman has been in several brushes with the law since that time. Zimmerman should at least have been charged in that case of violating Martin's civil rights. How? By following him in the first place. No one should have to die in America for buying a can of soda.

Why is it a problem???

Because some of us ignore the facts.

Why is it a problem???

People that has a basic understanding of the legal system would understand the reasonable doubt and lack of evidence the jury and/or judge would have to find not guilty
The legal system is not governed by lynch mobs and rioters. It follows the law.

We have seen in other countries that an accusation of suspicion can send one to death within minutes and without a real trial. They can be tortured, raped and starved if they do make it to jail, after which they would likely be pleading for death instead. Accusation can be made without witnesses or evidence. In some countries they can be stoned to death, have limb or tongues cut off and even crucified, beheaded or burned alive.

You can't demand a guilty verdict because you don't like the way he looks or have not heard all the evidence. TV, radio and talk TV is not a court room and you are not the judge and jury. Even if you happen to be called to serve jury duty, you are only one among 12, not the whole jury yourself.

If you do believe in god, he is the only one that is really the judge and jury. You don't get to call to have the accused killed or otherwise punished.

We have to cooperate with the legal system and police, not threaten them. We have to speak with common sense, logic and facts, but not to riot in the streets, destroy property and fight with law enforcement.

If the jury decides not guilty, then we have to accept their decision and not try to take matters into our own hands. We need to help police keep the peace.

Respect for others, respect for the law, respect for those that serve like the police, firefighters, military, etc.

We give others the chance we might hope to have if we were the ones on trial for some offense. Innocent till 'Proven' guilty.

Why is it a problem???

People that has a basic understanding of the legal system would understand the reasonable doubt and lack of evidence the jury and/or judge would have to find not guilty

We have seen in other countries that an accusation of suspicion can send one to death within minutes and without a real trial. They can be tortured, raped and starved if they do make it to jail, after which they would likely be pleading for death instead. Accusation can be made without witnesses or evidence. In some countries they can be stoned to death, have limb or tongues cut off and even crucified, beheaded or burned alive.

You can't demand a guilty verdict because you don't like the way he looks or have not heard all the evidence. TV, radio and talk TV is not a court room and you are not the judge and jury. Even if you happen to be called to serve jury duty, you are only one among 12, not the whole jury yourself.

If you do believe in god, he is the only one that is really the judge and jury. You don't get to call to have the accused killed or otherwise punished.

We have to cooperate with the legal system and police, not threaten them. We have to speak with common sense, logic and facts, but not to riot in the streets, destroy property and fight with law enforcement.

If the jury decides not guilty, then we have to accept their decision and not try to take matters into our own hands. We need to help police keep the peace.

Respect for others, respect for the law, respect for those that serve like the police, firefighters, military, etc.

We give others the chance we might hope to have if we were the ones on trial for some offense. Innocent till 'Proven' guilty.
Yeah and Israel allows Jews pour petrol/gas down the throat of a Palestinian Boy and do fcuk all about it....so much for Israeli Law.

Why is it a problem???

Yeah and Israel allows Jews pour petrol/gas down the throat of a Palestinian Boy and do fcuk all about it....so much for Israeli Law.

Is that why the ones who did this are still held in prison awaiting trial after 11 months

Perhaps you touched on the real problem ... "Will you even 'try' to understand the other side?"

Too many people think that holding an opposing view means the other person doesn't understand your side or position.
It is often quite to the contrary ... And they simply don't agree with your side or position.
I hate it in the real world when you disagree with the measures someone is proposing ... And they just think you are stupid and don't understand what they want.

I am willing to listen to just about anyone's argument ... But that doesn't mean their argument is worth the time it takes to make.
I think most people want agreement and acceptance more than an attempt to understand.

I mean face it ... If your ideas don't require agreement nor acceptance ... Then you can do what needs to be done without complicating matters by getting others involved to screw things up.

Far too many people think understanding someone's point, is tantamount to agreeing with it and that is just not the case.

Whereas with ISIS, Israel is supporting them financially and militarily.

Whereas with you, you're always fulla shit. :lmao:

LINK from a non partisan source

Forum List

Back