Unborn baby's gender, to know or not to know?

Nov 1, 2014
Idaho
Ok, my wife and I have had 4 kids and as any parent knows, you try to make all your mistakes on Kid 1 and then correct course for later siblings.

We told the sonogram technician we didn't want to know our firstborn child's gender, a decision we regreted. Our baby shower didn't include gender specific gifts, I wasn't able to paint the baby's room the right color, etc.

image.jpeg

Now after 4 kids, 3 boys, 1 girl, we had it down to a science. There were plenty of clothes and toys all the right colors and because my wife's an artist, she stenciled colorful, gender specific images all over the walls I painted, the crib, the furniture, everything. Moreover, we mentally prepared ourselves for the joys and challenges that are unique to boys or to girls.

So what do you think? Know or not know?

Ok, my wife and I have had 4 kids and as any parent knows, you try to make all your mistakes on Kid 1 and then correct course for later siblings.

We told the sonogram technician we didn't want to know our firstborn child's gender, a decision we regreted. Our baby shower didn't include gender specific gifts, I wasn't able to paint the baby's room the right color, etc.

View attachment 89382

Now after 4 kids, 3 boys, 1 girl, we had it down to a science. There were plenty of clothes and toys all the right colors and because my wife's an artist, she stenciled colorful, gender specific images all over the walls I painted, the crib, the furniture, everything. Moreover, we mentally prepared ourselves for the joys and challenges that are unique to boys or to girls.

It's best to know, we have a boy and a girl and in six and a half weeks we'll have two more boys.

Maybe some people don't want to know, but we have preferred to know.

I've always leaned toward not knowing. Hard to do, nowadays. Everyone around you turns into Mr. Spock, telling you how illogical it is to wait.

View attachment 89382

It's best to know, we have a boy and a girl and in six and a half weeks we'll have two more boys.

Congrats! Hope everything goes well for you all!

View attachment 89382

Twins! You got your work cut out for you. All the best!

View attachment 89382

Your over the top fixation on the pointless and useless is noted.

Oh wow, how old fashioned. Gender is like so neanderthal and all.

Just kidding. I would want to know in order to get the right toys. Plastic AR rifles or appliances?

Well, OP. Based on your story it would seem to me that it would be more convenient to know.

View attachment 89382

You're in the wrong forum. This is general discussion topics. Your attack is uncalled for and unnecessary here.

Oh wow, how old fashioned. Gender is like so neanderthal and all.

Just kidding. I would want to know in order to get the right toys. Plastic AR rifles or appliances?
My inlaws went crazy over the last two, buying toys and clothes for the first two years. I guess that's the kind of thing millionaires do...

View attachment 89382

You're in the wrong forum. This is general discussion topics. Your attack is uncalled for and unnecessary here.

I merely stated the obvious, and you call that an attack. ;)

View attachment 89382

I merely stated the obvious, and you call that an attack. ;)

To expectant parents it's not pointless.

Forum List

Back