Unbelieveable

RetiredGySgt

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
North Carolina
The lengths that the desperate Liberals will go to to try and tarnish their opponents. The latest disgrace, you ask? Attacking a candidate because their husband EARNED a retirement package for working for the Government.

The claim? That some how this EARNED retirement package is exactly like supporting Obamacare. What next? Going to claim that every Government retiree and every military retiree are using Obamacare? And thus should support it?

The further implication is that somehow this man, who EARNED a retirement package by WORKING for the Government long enough to RETIRE, is sucking off the Government tit. And that by being married to him and also being covered by his RETIREMENT package, he EARNED, the candidate is also sucking off the Government tit.

How much lower can they go in their desperate attempts to save themselves from rightfully PISSED off voters?

They tried this with McCain as well. No one is buying it. Either they really don't understand the concept of smaller government, or they think Joe Q. Public is a moron. Or both. Completely out of touch.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
The lengths that the desperate Liberals will go to to try and tarnish their opponents. The latest disgrace, you ask? Attacking a candidate because their husband EARNED a retirement package for working for the Government.

The claim? That some how this EARNED retirement package is exactly like supporting Obamacare. What next? Going to claim that every Government retiree and every military retiree are using Obamacare? And thus should support it?

The further implication is that somehow this man, who EARNED a retirement package by WORKING for the Government long enough to RETIRE, is sucking off the Government tit. And that by being married to him and also being covered by his RETIREMENT package, he EARNED, the candidate is also sucking off the Government tit.

How much lower can they go in their desperate attempts to save themselves from rightfully PISSED off voters?

Yeah, Gunny, funny logic liberals use isn't it?

I had a great conversation over coffee with some buddies the other day. One of their friends was a hardcore liberal and said I was a hypocrite. I asked why? Well, I was a cop in Atlanta for 8 years a while back. He said "You lived off the government taxpayer and government healthcare for 8 years, now want to deny that to poor people!"

I had to allow my brain a few moments to unscramble itself from that high frequency of liberal lunacy and responded: "Yes, I was a cop. I wore a bullet proof vest and carried a gun, because I might get shot at. I earned that check. A small check of course, but I earned that and the healthcare it came with."

His comeback? "Well, the poor are oppressed by the system, and don't get a chance to earn it. You got a chance to earn it, they didn't, but you didn't deserve that government check or benefits any more than the poor people you policed."

It blew my mind away. So I asked him if he felt that way about cops, did he feel the same about others, like firemen, or military men, both of whom also risk their safety for the country for modest pay. He said he did. He said he felt any person who collects a government paycheck and benefits MUST support those same benefits being offered to all citizens, else they are hypocrites.

So Gunny there you have it. If you've ever accepted gov't money or benefits, you must support that being handed out to all. Or your a hypocrite. Liberal logic 101.

I think you miss the point. Noting that she and her husband choose their health benefits through an insurance exchange (when she's running explicitly on denying others the opportunity to buy plans through exchanges) is not an "attack." Quite the opposite: that's a wonderful thing. I'm glad for them that they have an entity (in this case, the federal Office of Personnel Management) setting minimum standards and negotiating benefits and premiums for participating plans so that they can rest easy knowing high-quality options are available to them. I'm thrilled that they enjoy protections that many other consumers in their (pre-Medicare) age range and younger don't have available to them when they're buying individual coverage (e.g. coverage is provided without a medical examination or restrictions because of age, current health, or pre-existing conditions).

That's wonderful! I don't know how you could "tarnish" someone with that. Quite the contrary, some of us want to make this more widely available. In a sane world, the notion that state-based exchanges are something worth including in health reform wouldn't be particularly controversial. Even the health care bill introduced by Paul Ryan last year (H.R. 2520) is based around state-based exchanges with a guaranteed issue provision and a mandate that all participating plans achieve benefit parity with the plans offered to members of Congress. There's nothing wrong with Angle buying insurance through an exchange but it's fair to point out that she's running to ensure that others don't get that same option.

Similarly, there's nothing wrong with Joe Miller having drawn upon Medicaid benefits in his past. However, the fact that he's more than happy to deny others the opportunities that were available to his family is distressing.

Last edited:
The FEHBP is not an "exchange" is the term pertains to Obamacare. It's a very large (500,000+ ees) group with access to hundreds of commercial plans, and none of the mandates, restrictions, 80-20 rules, or other bullshit that comes with Obamacare.

If the point of Obamacare was merely to give anyone access to plans such as the FEHBP has, they could have merely done that, rather than pass a 2000 page bill which is spawing hundreds of thousands of pages of regulations, 100+ agencies, tens of thousands of new bureaucrats, IRS enforcements and new penalties (does FEHBP have that...nope), and more.

Greenbeard is living in an alternate reality and has yet to figure out why nobody is buying Obamacare's lies.

Last edited:
This is confusing. So now conservatives are supporting the multitude of benefits that government workers get?

This is confusing. So now conservatives are supporting the multitude of benefits that government workers get?

No one is complaining about Government retirees you dumb ass. And the ONLY complaint Conservatives ever had was about the hand over fist method that Congress critters EXEMPT themselves from programs they force on the citizenry all the while getting it free from the Government.

You are aware that Congress exempted themselves from social security for a long time? While people that would never see a dime of their payments ever returned them paid into Social Security Congress exempted themselves from it. I think that has changed but it would not surprise me one bit if it had not.

Obama care? Doesn't apply to Congress either. It is such a great system they made sure they had better.

Well only when a conservative collects them.

You see government can do NOTHING right EXCEPTwhen they are benifiting from what the government does.

Some of these lefty idiots don't understand the difference between, for example, the former Atlanta cop above who worked to earn what he got from the government in pay and benefits vs. unearned money and benefits for others. And while working and earning the cop paid taxes to help provide things for a lot of folks who didn't have to pay taxes. What a great system, huh?

The latest disgrace, you ask? Attacking a candidate because their husband EARNED a retirement package for working for the Government.

The hypocricy is with a candidate who openly attacks the Governments ability to provide these services while she herself, benefits from them. The Government Healthcare plan she benefits from is the exact same plan that was offered as a public option.
What she wants for other Americans is completely opposite from what she benefits from. I got mine.....the hell with you

The ONLY reaction I had when I read the post was: And these FUCKING ARSEHOLES are in control of our lives !!!!!

I will guarantee you this: I'm going to work a helluva lot harder to kick their arse out of the government !

Government buys those services from for profit insurance carriers, who do not have to play by the rules Obamacare will impose.

The public option is not the same as a group of 500,000 ees can buy from commercial carriers.

Well only when a conservative collects them.

You see government can do NOTHING right EXCEPTwhen they are benifiting from what the government does.

What the typical Obamarrhoidal LIEbturd POS like you just can't get thru your skull is that RGS was referring to people who get something for WORKING for it..... as opposed to you FREELOADING Obamarrhoidal LIEBerrhoid "SOMETHING FOR NOTHING ARSEHOLES"

EXAMPLE: OBAMACARE !!! Obamacare that takes WHAT WE WORKED FOR.....WHAT BENEFITS WE EARNED......and giving 30 MILLION NON-PAYING DEADBEATS A FREE RIDE while slamming us with INEVITABLE (1) REDUCTION OF SERVICES and (2) RATIONING......a la a England's National Service model !!!

Last edited:
Obama care? Doesn't apply to Congress either. It is such a great system they made sure they had better.

Shockingly that's entirely false.

(D) MEMBERS OF CONGRESS IN THE EXCHANGE-

(i) REQUIREMENT- Notwithstanding any other provision of law, after the effective date of this subtitle, the only health plans that the Federal Government may make available to Members of Congress and congressional staff with respect to their service as a Member of Congress or congressional staff shall be health plans that are--
(I) created under this Act (or an amendment made by this Act); or
(II) offered through an Exchange established under this Act (or an amendment made by this Act).​

The public option is not the same as a group of 500,000 ees can buy from commercial carriers.

What public option? There is no public option. All plans in the exchanges will be from commercial carriers.

Why do leftys have such a hard time understanding that the medical coverage that government workers (except politicians)receive are part of the wage package they EARN. It comes as part of the JOB. They rave a real problem understanding you have to WORK for the benefits you receive.

Why do leftys have such a hard time understanding that the medical coverage that government workers (except politicians)receive are part of the wage package they EARN. It comes as part of the JOB. They rave a real problem understanding you have to WORK for the benefits you receive.

Yep same as medicare and SS for non govt workers.

The latest disgrace, you ask? Attacking a candidate because their husband EARNED a retirement package for working for the Government.

The hypocricy is with a candidate who openly attacks the Governments ability to provide these services while she herself, benefits from them. The Government Healthcare plan she benefits from is the exact same plan that was offered as a public option.
What she wants for other Americans is completely opposite from what she benefits from. I got mine.....the hell with you

Once again for the slow and stupid, her Husband EARNED his retirement, it was not GIVEN to him. He worked for and EARNED it. Something you leftoids seem to have a problem grasping, as usual.

Forum List

Back