Unbelieveable

The lengths that the desperate Liberals will go to to try and tarnish their opponents. The latest disgrace, you ask? Attacking a candidate because their husband EARNED a retirement package for working for the Government.

The claim? That some how this EARNED retirement package is exactly like supporting Obamacare. What next? Going to claim that every Government retiree and every military retiree are using Obamacare? And thus should support it?

The further implication is that somehow this man, who EARNED a retirement package by WORKING for the Government long enough to RETIRE, is sucking off the Government tit. And that by being married to him and also being covered by his RETIREMENT package, he EARNED, the candidate is also sucking off the Government tit.

How much lower can they go in their desperate attempts to save themselves from rightfully PISSED off voters?

So you don't see this as sucking off the government tit huh? Fascinating. They couldn't make it on their own in the private sector, so they had to work for government, and then they became dependent on the government tit. How despicable!!
You are a big idiot. Maybe you are incapable of doing anything for yourself and live off the gov't tit and are just jealous that someone works for a living.

I'm pretty sure the auto workers do.

after just 20 years with them?

i accept ret sgt's explanation of military personnel....it is valid and sound.

but what about civil service, the clerk in the unemployment office getting the same benefit as the military guy, after just 20 years.
She doesn't, she has to pay part of the premium out of her check.

huh? After she works for them for 20 years and RETIRES, she pays for a portion of her health care out of her check? She gets to draw a retirement at 40 years old from the government, for the rest of her life and gets health care as well from her retirement at 40 till she dies? That seems very excessive...and a burden us tax payers should not have to pay.....

Private companies, even if you worked for them for 20 years, you do NOT get health care coverage for the rest of your life from the age of 40 till you die, and you do NOT get to draw retirement funds from the day you leave them at 40 years old until you die at 80-100 years old.

With private companies, you may be eligible for their retirement after working 20 years for them, but you CAN NOT DRAW that retirement until you are 55-65 years old, NOT at 40 years old?

after just 20 years with them?

i accept ret sgt's explanation of military personnel....it is valid and sound.

but what about civil service, the clerk in the unemployment office getting the same benefit as the military guy, after just 20 years.

huh? After she works for them for 20 years and RETIRES, she pays for a portion of her health care out of her check? She gets to draw a retirement at 40 years old from the government, for the rest of her life and gets health care as well from her retirement at 40 till she dies? That seems very excessive...and a burden us tax payers should not have to pay.....

Private companies, even if you worked for them for 20 years, you do NOT get health care coverage for the rest of your life from the age of 40 till you die, and you do NOT get to draw retirement funds from the day you leave them at 40 years old until you die at 80-100 years old.

With private companies, you may be eligible for their retirement after working 20 years for them, but you CAN NOT DRAW that retirement until you are 55-65 years old, NOT at 40 years old?

I think that retirement for civil service is determined mainly by age. Not necessarily by time in.

The longer you are in, the larger the retirement package of course. But I think the primary determining factor is age.

I could be wrong though. I know my father served....26 years in the civil service I think. Maybe 27 or 28. And he took an early retirement at that point, which decreased his retirement package.

I think that retirement for civil service is determined mainly by age. Not necessarily by time in.

The longer you are in, the larger the retirement package of course. But I think the primary determining factor is age.

I could be wrong though. I know my father served....26 years in the civil service I think. Maybe 27 or 28. And he took an early retirement at that point, which decreased his retirement package.

My father put 22 years in the USAF, then he put another 20 years working Civil Service....when he retired with the usaf at 39 years old, he drew his usaf retirement, the entire time he was working civil service, for the FAA....then when he was 60 and retired altogether, he had to CHOOSE which retirement he wanted to draw....the civil service retirement or the retirement from the USAF....he could not draw both, even though he put in over 20 years with both and even though he was promised such when he first began with the civil service job....Reagan cut that off, called these gvt employees "double dippers".....

My father put 22 years in the USAF, then he put another 20 years working Civil Service....when he retired with the usaf at 39 years old, he drew his usaf retirement, the entire time he was working civil service, for the FAA....then when he was 60 and retired altogether, he had to CHOOSE which retirement he wanted to draw....the civil service retirement or the retirement from the USAF....he could not draw both, even though he put in over 20 years with both and even though he was promised such when he first began with the civil service job....Reagan cut that off, called these gvt employees "double dippers".....

*shrug*

He drew 2 government checks for 20 years though. Not a bad gig if you can get it.

The latest disgrace, you ask? Attacking a candidate because their husband EARNED a retirement package for working for the Government.

The claim? That some how this EARNED retirement package is exactly like supporting Obamacare. What next? Going to claim that every Government retiree and every military retiree are using Obamacare? And thus should support it?

The hypocricy is with a candidate who openly attacks the Governments ability to provide these services while she herself, benefits from them. The Government Healthcare plan she benefits from is the exact same plan that was offered as a public option.
What she wants for other Americans is completely opposite from what she benefits from. I got mine.....the hell with you

Exactly. They hate Govt. run health care, but lovvvve the care they recieve from that same, evil Govt. The issue isn't whether they earned it or not, the issue is it works, something they'll deny til' their blue in the face. But they'll never give up their coverage. You don't see the hypocrisy?

*shrug*

He drew 2 government checks for 20 years though. Not a bad gig if you can get it.

True....my parents are millionaires though...and my father joined the USAF at 17, got his ged later and went to college on the gvt later...he was just an enlisted man...and very prudent and stringent with their money....(I had to work to buy my own car, I had to pay for any of my vacations with friends, I had to work to buy my own clothes for school other than a few initial new ones...my parents made the sis and I work for everything) My parents would not be wealthy if it had not been for the GI bill and the benefits, specifically the health care benefits for the both of them.

but going back to dad's retirement....he put in OVER 20 years with both....why shouldn't he get the retirement from both?

someone else who worked along side him for 20 years at the FAA that retired, could draw the FAA retirement after 20 years if they had not given 22 years to the USAF? they both GAVE 20 years to the FAA....why should my father be denied the 20 years working for the FAA's retirement and the other man working along side him, for the same amount of time, get it?

Regardless, the parents came out smelling like a rose....

You are a big idiot. Maybe you are incapable of doing anything for yourself and live off the gov't tit and are just jealous that someone works for a living.

You aren't talking about me dung-eater, you are talking about McCain, the 100% disabled double dipping diplomat that walks down and up the Grand Canyon trail for exercise and has a full time job in Congress sucking of the government tits. And you never worked an honest day in making a living in your entire life, pud.:cool: Don't try to BS your way through here.

Forum List

Back