Unbelievable: Ron Paul Slams Civil Rights Act

Bull shit. You lefties have for so long seen racism where there isn't any and now you just cannot fathom that it might be all but gone.

If racism was all but gone we would not be having a discussion on whether business owners have a right to have white only stores again, this should be a non issue right?

No, we are having this discussion because the left sees racism where there isn't any. This thread was started by a lefty trying to paint Ron Paul as a racist.

The left views having pity for minorities solely for being minorities as not being racist.

I view it as the opposite, and I bet you agree.

FACT. If a law has not been overturned as unconstitutional, it is by default...constitutional

No it isn't. I realize that is incredibly convenient for your argument, but it is not reality. If judges were not capable of making rulings that ran against the intent of the constitution there would be no reason for FDR to threaten to pack the courts and there would never be any debate over judicial appointments. Judges have the final say. That is true. That doesn't mean their say is always correct.

FACT. Libertarians have had 75 years to challenge the constitutionality of social security and have done NOTHING

Social Security has been one of our most effective social policies in our history and has protected millions of Americans. The fact that libertarians, after all these years, still seek to overturn it shows how out of touch libertarians are

FACT: You claimed one thing, were proven wrong and like the coward that you are decided to try to change the subject.

Your cowardice and intellectual dishonesty is getting pretty old at this point. How can a program that will have no money in 10-15 years be considered effective? How can a program that is allowed to have it's funds simply taken to spent on other things other than it's designated purpose be considered effective? How can a program that enables poor decisions and an excuse to not plan and take responsibility for one's future considered effective?

FACT. If a law has not been overturned as unconstitutional, it is by default...constitutional

No it isn't. I realize that is incredibly convenient for your argument, but it is not reality. If judges were not capable of making rulings that ran against the intent of the constitution there would be no reason for FDR to threaten to pack the courts and there would never be any debate over judicial appointments. Judges have the final say. That is true. That doesn't mean their say is always correct.

FACT. Libertarians have had 75 years to challenge the constitutionality of social security and have done NOTHING

Social Security has been one of our most effective social policies in our history and has protected millions of Americans. The fact that libertarians, after all these years, still seek to overturn it shows how out of touch libertarians are

FACT: You claimed one thing, were proven wrong and like the coward that you are decided to try to change the subject.

Your cowardice and intellectual dishonesty is getting pretty old at this point. How can a program that will have no money in 10-15 years be considered effective? How can a program that is allowed to have it's funds simply taken to spent on other things other than it's designated purpose be considered effective? How can a program that enables poor decisions and an excuse to not plan and take responsibility for one's future considered effective?

He is as dishonest as his screen name.

We have tens of thousands of laws that are constitutional because they have never been ruled otherwise

Just because libertarians whine on Internet blogs does not make a bill unconstitutional.....only courts can do that

We have tens of thousands of laws that are constitutional because they have never been ruled otherwise

Just because libertarians whine on Internet blogs does not make a bill unconstitutional.....only courts can do that

That's if someone has unwavering faith that the courts can NEVER make a single mistake constitutionally.

That's what you think, and libertarians don't.

FDR turned the United States into the most powerful economic and military power on earth. He also turned us into a modern society which will not allow the less fortunate among us to suffer

Is it fortune that determines our fate? Sometmes...maybe...but for the most part it is determination and will power. It is drive and the will to succeed. I get why poor people are democrats. When you are poor you need money and when someone offers that money it is too easy to take it. It's the path of least resistance. Then of course you are thankful to your benefactor. Then you might think that everyone deserves that kind of help and want to encourage programs that help people.

Sometimes there are hidden costs attached to free money. In fact I would say that most times there are hidden costs. In the case of government programs the cost is in government intrusion on our freedoms. One of the costs is the direct cost to your fellow americans. I have to pay taxes or I go to jail. This is extortion. Would you walk up to someone with a gun and force them to give you money? What if you only took 25% from each person you robbed would that be ok? What if you gave it to needy people would that make it less wrong? What about the people who you just robbed's family? Do you care about them? Maybe they need that money? The people on welfare are robbing tax payers by proxy through the US government.

Drama queen

Actually that's as UNdramatic as it gets. That is reality. It is the reality that liberals like you simply don't see. You're social programs don't eliminate people's poor conditions. They enable the continuation of people's poor conditions. You liberals believe every bad thing that happens to someone means they're just a victim of circumstance and think we are society that randomly chooses haves and have not. The reality is we are society of DO and do nots. You are a do not and your views enable others to be the same way. Why work to obtain when I can just advocate for government to take from others to give to me. You are on the path of least resistance. It is easiest for pukes like you to squawk endlessly about your problems and that of others instead of do something about them.

Is it fortune that determines our fate? Sometmes...maybe...but for the most part it is determination and will power. It is drive and the will to succeed. I get why poor people are democrats. When you are poor you need money and when someone offers that money it is too easy to take it. It's the path of least resistance. Then of course you are thankful to your benefactor. Then you might think that everyone deserves that kind of help and want to encourage programs that help people.

Sometimes there are hidden costs attached to free money. In fact I would say that most times there are hidden costs. In the case of government programs the cost is in government intrusion on our freedoms. One of the costs is the direct cost to your fellow americans. I have to pay taxes or I go to jail. This is extortion. Would you walk up to someone with a gun and force them to give you money? What if you only took 25% from each person you robbed would that be ok? What if you gave it to needy people would that make it less wrong? What about the people who you just robbed's family? Do you care about them? Maybe they need that money? The people on welfare are robbing tax payers by proxy through the US government.

Drama queen

Actually that's as UNdramatic as it gets. That is reality. It is the reality that liberals like you simply don't see. You're social programs don't eliminate people's poor conditions. They enable the continuation of people's poor conditions. You liberals believe every bad thing that happens to someone means they're just a victim of circumstance and think we are society that randomly chooses haves and have not. The reality is we are society of DO and do nots. You are a do not and your views enable others to be the same way. Why work to obtain when I can just advocate for government to take from others to give to me. You are on the path of least resistance. It is easiest for pukes like you to squawk endlessly about your problems and that of others instead of do something about them.

Taxes are robbery = Drama Queen

Still wrong. A court doesn't need to tell anyone what is constitutional or what isn't. That is readily observable. Take this most recent defense bill. I don't need the courts to tell me that the U.S. governemnt can't arbitrarly deem a U.S. citizen a terrorist and thus deprive them of due process. All U.S. citizens have the right to due process according to the constitution, thus a law that allows the U.S. government to jail someone without due process is unconstitutional, regardless of what an Obama packed court says.

Last edited:

That's if someone has unwavering faith that the courts can NEVER make a single mistake constitutionally.

That's what you think, and libertarians don't.

Like any institution, our courts make mistakes. What our great history as a nation shows is that over time, those mistakes are corrected. As our courts move from liberal to conservative and then back again they even out the decisions

We have the finest court system in the world.

Drama queen

What you have dubbed being a drama queen is reality. The government does take the property of some through legal force and give it to others who they deem 'need' it. The only thing that for whatever reason makes it okay in your eyes is governments authority. Because you know full well you would not be okay with me visting you, depriving you of what I decide you don't need and giving it to someone I think does.

Drama queen

Robbery is the taking of personal property from someone using force or the threat of force.

What happens if you say "I refuse to pay taxes?"

Put your thinking cap on. Taxation is simply theft protected by the law.

Robbery is the taking of personal property from someone using force or the threat of force.

Yes it is...and a tool for the elites to manipulate the dumbmasses.

Without that tool in thier toolbox? They become neutered in thier power.

Do you get to vote for the person who is robbing you?

Guess what, you belong to a society and as a member of that society you get to elect representatives who establish how much you get to contribute

Guess what, you belong to a society and as a member of that society you get to elect representatives who establish how much you get to contribute
So if two men arrive at your house and say you may vote to determine which one of them will rob you, then they are no longer thieves?

Last edited:

So if two men arrive at your house and say you may vote to determine which one of them will rob you, then they are no longer thieves?

Not only that, but suppose you elect your thief: How much power does that thief have to change the system that sent him there rob you in the first place--let alone the will to do so when that system of robbery also benefits him?

I don't mean the government indoctrination you got in public schools. Go to your closet, retreive your unused brain, put it back in your head and try using it.

The Civil Rights Act is a law, it isn't indoctrination. All one has to do is read it - which you clearly have not done - to see it does not create special rights for certain groups. In fact, quite the opposite, it forbids the creation of special rights for certain groups.

Now I see your problem, you have reading comprehension issues. I didn't say that the Civil Rights Act was indoctrination. Read my post again slowly. Or have someone read it for you and then explain it to you. I'm now sure that the reason you are wrong is because of your poor education.

How about instead you show me where in the Civil Rights Act it bestows special rights on certain groups of people - or - shut the fuck up.

Thanks.

The Civil Rights Act is a law, it isn't indoctrination. All one has to do is read it - which you clearly have not done - to see it does not create special rights for certain groups. In fact, quite the opposite, it forbids the creation of special rights for certain groups.

Now I see your problem, you have reading comprehension issues. I didn't say that the Civil Rights Act was indoctrination. Read my post again slowly. Or have someone read it for you and then explain it to you. I'm now sure that the reason you are wrong is because of your poor education.

How about instead you show me where in the Civil Rights Act it bestows special rights on certain groups of people - or - shut the fuck up.

Thanks.
It gives the government power to define discrimination.

I can choose not to patronize a business based on the race of the owner. I can say "I will only shop at stores run by white people" or "I will only get haircuts from asian people." So can you. That is legal. That is discrimination. What should we do about it?

That is a personal choice and not a policy written on a wall. You are free to use/not use a business as a consumer. That business is not allowed to not serve you based on color.

Stop being juvenile. Ron Paul, this is not 1955. People in this country would not "do the right thing" on their own, no matter how Rosy your glasses are. If it weren't for the government stepping in and people fighting and dying for civil rights, we would be stuck in time. Back to a time that was an embarrassment to us as a country.

Bull shit. You lefties have for so long seen racism where there isn't any and now you just cannot fathom that it might be all but gone.

:cuckoo:

Legal plunder.

You succeed only in exhibiting your ignorance of liberals in particular, and sound public policy in general.
A court doesn't need to tell anyone what is constitutional or what isn't. That is readily observable.

According to whom? If the courts don’t have the authority, what entity does to establish uniform consensus? Here you exhibit you ignorance of the law.

Take this most recent defense bill. I don't need the courts to tell me that the U.S. governemnt can't arbitrarly deem a U.S. citizen a terrorist and thus deprive them of due process. All U.S. citizens have the right to due process according to the constitution, thus a law that allows the U.S. government to jail someone without due process is unconstitutional, regardless of what an Obama packed court says.

Here you exhibit your ignorance of the NDAA, as nothing in the measure authorizes that. And all acts of Congress are presumed to be Constitutional until a Federal court says otherwise, the same courts you ignorantly dismiss.

More ignorant rightist nonsense.

Federal income tax is Constitutional, as are the tax laws.

It gives the government power to define discrimination.

Incorrect. It doesn’t ‘give’ the government anything. Congress derives its authority to regulate commerce from the Constitution, which long predates the Act.

Forum List

Back