Unacceptable Redistribution of Wealth

Taxation isn't the right tool.
No government has ever taxed the populace into wealth.

That's right, however this Government has untaxed a certain group into wealth. Not only during the Bush Administration were the rich paying near record lows, but they also had all those nice tax loopholes that being rich they can pay for Accountants to figure out. Plus, they can have a bunch of halfass write-offs, which will result in them either paying nothing, paying a little amount, or even getting something back.
so, you want to do away with deduction?

think before you answer

think before you answer

I understand right now one of the proposals being off is a flat tax, but some people say "don't take away deductions, etc". A flat tax, with or without reductions will still keep the rich, rich and the poor, poor.

Warren Buffett is an excellent example of what I just said in my last post:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_Buffett#Personal_life

Buffett stated that he only paid 19% of his income for 2006 ($48.1 million) in total federal taxes, while his employees paid 33% of theirs, despite making much less money.[93]

think before you answer

I understand right now one of the proposals being off is a flat tax, but some people say "don't take away deductions, etc". A flat tax, with or without reductions will still keep the rich, rich and the poor, poor.

Warren Buffett - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Buffett stated that he only paid 19% of his income for 2006 ($48.1 million) in total federal taxes, while his employees paid 33% of theirs, despite making much less money.[93]

Mr Buffet should fire his employees, that way they have no income and then pay no taxes.

Unacceptable Redistribution of Wealth

That is EXACTLY how the SCOTUS ruled in United States v. Butler, 297 U.S. 1 (1936) - the federal government has no authority to tax A in order to support B.

But shortly thereafter scumbag extraordinaire Franklin Delanus Roosevelt threatened to abolish the Supreme Court. In order to avoid a Constitutional crisis the court reversed itself.

,:eek:

think before you answer

Mr Buffet should fire his employees, that way they have no income and then pay no taxes.
well, maybe he should PAY them better

well, maybe he should PAY them better

The government should force him to pay better.

Indeed, though probably 3/5's of the country couldn't afford. Seems it should be more simple for the good of all, no?

Do you think the rich want that? It should be more simple for the good of all. However, the chance that the tax code will be rehauled currently has the same chance of hell freezing over.

i agree, so now you have it back on Mr Buffets fault, not the tax code ;)

No, the point was the tax code is easily exploited by the rich. They can afford to have people go through that mess so they can basically pay little to nothing. Someone who works 40 hours a week and can barely pay for everything doesn't have that sort of money to pay for someone to do so.

Edit: My other point is who do you think writes the tax code? The rich and powerful. Those in power don't want to see the poor have equal footing.

Last edited:

the rich get richer because they worke harder and smarter and know what the fuck they are doing.....

the poor....hell you could give each of them a 100k and they would be poor again in less than a year.....

darwinism at work.....or evolution if you prefer....

Darwinism? Are you also opening the door for the poor realizing they are not as successful and use the more typical form of darwinism to get from the rich what they want?

I think we should end ALL the safety and child labor laws. In this 21st century economy I think our CHILDREN need to shoulder their share of the burden. Put those little pricks to work in sweat shops. We need values like we had in the early 1900s.

I mean we ALL know that we had a much larger manufacturing base in the early 1900s RIGHT? So we need to make it EASIER for our fellow wealthy Americans to make jobs RIGHT HERE in AMERICA. Through increased tax breaks and lessening of restrictions we can put MILLIONS to work and STILL have the richest 1% in the world.

Here's something else to wrap your head around, son......

Wealth isn't distributed, it's earned.

Wealth is taken....the trick is to take it without breaking the law

I think we should end ALL the safety and child labor laws. In this 21st century economy I think our CHILDREN need to shoulder their share of the burden. Put those little pricks to work in sweat shops. We need values like we had in the early 1900s.

I mean we ALL know that we had a much larger manufacturing base in the early 1900s RIGHT? So we need to make it EASIER for our fellow wealthy Americans to make jobs RIGHT HERE in AMERICA. Through increased tax breaks and lessening of restrictions we can put MILLIONS to work and STILL have the richest 1% in the world.
And here I thought that leftist arguments couldn't possibly get any more stupid. :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back