UN-Privatize Baseball Now. PLEEEASE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huge salaries, which make ticket prices rise, are the problem with MLB.

When half the seats behind home plate at Yankee Stadium are empty when the Red Sox are there, there is something wrong.

1. Anything involving the public in my county and the Tampa Bay area is my business.

2. I quit watching now, but if what I proposed became law, I would watch again (under the proper circumstances).

3. My suggestion of socialized sports is common sense and necessary.

Strike 1. Strike 2. Strike 3. You're out. NEXT BATTER! :D

1. It is a privately owned business providing entertainment for spectators. If you don't watch or own stock, it is not your business.

2. You quit watching. End of discussion. What you propose is ridiculous and will not become law.

3. You suggestion would ruin sports forever. Unnecessary.

And that one is goooone!!!! Homerun!!!!

As the Rock of WWE fame would say > "IT DOESN'T MATTER" what it IS, what matters is what is should and needs to be. And being a public spectacle on TV, it is EVERYBODY'S business.

I will watch MLB again when it is LIBERATED from the clutches of the money-hustler greed freaks.

Sports is ruined NOW. It is necessary to liberate it, and make it a fan-friendly operation instead of the train wreck it is now. :D NEXT BATTER!

you're obviously a wound-up dumb motherfucker 'bout the whole issue... I don't know where to begin to address it...

'course, then again, since you're obviously a dumb fuck who won't listen to anything sensible, why should I bother to waste my time on this...

When half the seats behind home plate at Yankee Stadium are empty when the Red Sox are there, there is something wrong.

Correct. And this is a big part of the money-hustle culture that has taken over the game. And besides the ticket prices, are also much too-high prices for food, parking, souveniers, etc. The whole thing has turned into a rich people's thing.

Correct. And this is a big part of the money-hustle culture that has taken over the game. And besides the ticket prices, are also much too-high prices for food, parking, souveniers, etc. The whole thing has turned into a rich people's thing.

In three weeks no one will care.

The NFL regular season will be under way.

You should consider putting this thread in the comedy forum.

This is some funny shit. :lol:

Yeah ? What's so funny about it ? I don't think it's funny. I'm pissed off about it. I just wish there was somebody's fucking ass I could kick about it, and I'd kick it but good!! :mad:

Yeah ? What's so funny about it ? I don't think it's funny. I'm pissed off about it. I just wish there was somebody's fucking ass I could kick about it, and I'd kick it but good!! :mad:

You want to know what has hurt baseball? Options and preferences.

When baseball was at its greatest time, there were few other sports. Now the NFL is huge and many people only watch baseball until football season starts.

People prefer football over baseball. And there are so many other options for our entertainment dollar, fewer and fewer people want to watch baseball. It is never going to be as popular as it was.

Now go kick your own ass for being a whiner.

Know what's funny? Some feeble, demented old clown pretending he could ever kick anyone's ass over anything. The fact that some lame brain would get so worked up about who gets traded to which MLB team is also funny, but not as funny as an ignorant, irrelevant buffoon whining about the very economic system that has allowed an inferior specimen such as him to survive this long.

Lots of funny stuff.

As for baseball, it will be fine. It's not everyone's cup of tea, but the sport is still an essential part of Americana.

Baseball has lost viewers and interest.

Baseball used to be America's pastime. Now, it is just pastime. They resist change and modernization, look replay and tell me MLB is on the cutting edge, their commissioner is retirng, finally, he is only 80!

Baseball is the third most popular sport behind football and basketball.

It is not what it used to be, the youth in America are moving towards soccer in the summer, not baseball. The fans are watching football in the fall, not baseball.

TV ratings are down, no personalities left to watch, no side storylines unless it's the tired PED BS. As far as I know, glasses are performance enhancing.

When baseball was at its greatest time, there were few other sports. Now the NFL is huge and many people only watch baseball until football season starts.

People prefer football over baseball. And there are so many other options for our entertainment dollar, fewer and fewer people want to watch baseball. It is never going to be as popular as it was.

NO, I don't want to know what has hurt baseball. :D Because I ALREADY know. And it is exactly what I've been talking about in this thread since the OP. It is the 1994 MLB player's strike, the spoiled brat attitudes of pampered, overpaid players, free agency, things like the Price drop (notice I don't call it a "trade"), overinflated ticket prices, parking prices, concession prices, and the whole anti-fan, greed freak management of it.

In 2014, 35 percent of fans call the NFL their favorite sport, followed by Major League Baseball (14 percent), college football (11 percent), auto racing (7 percent), the NBA (6 percent), the NHL (5 percent) and college basketball (3 percent).

In 1985, the first year the poll was taken, the NFL bested MLB by just one percentage point (24 to 23 percent), but since then interest in baseball has fallen while the NFL has experienced a huge rise in popularity.

Nine percent fewer fans call baseball their favorite sport over the 30-year span, the biggest drop of any sport. The polling numbers suggest that the sport hasn't been able to recover from a popularity standpoint from 1994, when a strike forced the cancellation of the World Series. And it has just continued sinking ever since, for the same basic reason > Greed freak baseball.

Harris Poll -- NFL still most popular; MLB 2nd - ESPN

Know what's funny? Some feeble, demented old clown pretending he could ever kick anyone's ass over anything. The fact that some lame brain would get so worked up about who gets traded to which MLB team is also funny, but not as funny as an ignorant, irrelevant buffoon whining about the very economic system that has allowed an inferior specimen such as him to survive this long.

Lots of funny stuff.

As for baseball, it will be fine. It's not everyone's cup of tea, but the sport is still an essential part of Americana.

Know what's funny? >> A crazy uncle, who keeps escaping from the attic that his relatives keep him locked up in, then runs to the library to use a computer, so he can troll vent his rage at somebody who has bested him continually, in various threads. :lol: Way to go, Uncletard!! Give me hell, loonfool. :D

Baseball has lost viewers and interest.

Baseball used to be America's pastime. Now, it is just pastime. They resist change and modernization, look replay and tell me MLB is on the cutting edge, their commissioner is retirng, finally, he is only 80!

Baseball is the third most popular sport behind football and basketball.

It is not what it used to be, the youth in America are moving towards soccer in the summer, not baseball. The fans are watching football in the fall, not baseball.

TV ratings are down, no personalities left to watch, no side storylines unless it's the tired PED BS. As far as I know, glasses are performance enhancing.

I wish you were right. I'd love to see MLB fall on its face. Unfortunately, you're wrong. As I just stated in Post # 289, MLB is still the second most popular sport in America, still way ahead of basketball. Baseball rates almost twice the popularity of the NBA and college basketball combined. As for soccer, it doesn't even chart behind the pathetic 3% of college basketball (Harris Poll -2014) You get E for effort though. It's the thought that counts.

Last edited:

NO, I don't want to know what has hurt baseball. :D Because I ALREADY know. And it is exactly what I've been talking about in this thread since the OP. It is the 1994 MLB player's strike, the spoiled brat attitudes of pampered, overpaid players, free agency, things like the Price drop (notice I don't call it a "trade"), overinflated ticket prices, parking prices, concession prices, and the whole anti-fan, greed freak management of it.

In 2014, 35 percent of fans call the NFL their favorite sport, followed by Major League Baseball (14 percent), college football (11 percent), auto racing (7 percent), the NBA (6 percent), the NHL (5 percent) and college basketball (3 percent).

In 1985, the first year the poll was taken, the NFL bested MLB by just one percentage point (24 to 23 percent), but since then interest in baseball has fallen while the NFL has experienced a huge rise in popularity.

Nine percent fewer fans call baseball their favorite sport over the 30-year span, the biggest drop of any sport. The polling numbers suggest that the sport hasn't been able to recover from a popularity standpoint from 1994, when a strike forced the cancellation of the World Series. And it has just continued sinking ever since, for the same basic reason > Greed freak baseball.

Bullshit. The NFL is run the same way and has the same "greed" you hate so much. And yet it is more popular than ever.

More likely it is that football has more action to watch.

It's also notable that those with an annual household income of more than $100,000 are more likely to be baseball fans. Sure, because of the way the game has gone. It's no longer the national pasttime because most of the "nation" has been bumped out of it. It's become a rich people 's game with high profits, astronomical salaries, high ticket prices, high parking prices, high this, high that.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10354114/harris-poll-nfl-most-popular-mlb-2nd

It's also notable that those with an annual household income of more than $100,000 are more likely to be baseball fans. Sure, because of the way the game has gone. It's no longer the national pasttime because most of the "nation" has been bumped out of it. It's become a rich people 's game with high profits, astronomical salaries, high ticket prices, high parking prices, high this, high that.

And, of course, attending a game is the ONLY way to watch baseball. And only those who attend games are fans, right? lol

Baseball is fading. And having the gov't take over baseball and limiting the players to salaries of between 4100k and $300k would certainly not improve the game.

Oh, one more tidbit for you to consider, Protectionless. If the baseball fans are mainly the people with incomes over $100k, then the rich obviously like the way it is being played.

There goes your plan to socialize sports. The rich will always have the ear of our gov't more than the crackpots. So your plan will never come to fruition.

Bullshit. The NFL is run the same way and has the same "greed" you hate so much. And yet it is more popular than ever.

More likely it is that football has far fewer games per season. If you went to half of a team's games that would be 8 games. That's only 5% of a baseball team's season. You could go to ALL of an NFL team's games, and it's still only 10% of a MLB team's season. So somebody might say gee, they went to ALL of the Buccanears games, but they only went to 10% of the Rays games (same # of games).

Also, "same" greed ? Don't check facts before you post I see. Not the same at all. Top NFL salary is Jay Cutler (Chicago bears QB) at $17 million. That's hardly more than HALF of the MLB top of Alex Rodriguez (NY Yankees) at $29 Million, and much less than MLB runnerups Zack Greinke and Cliff Lee. In fact, TWO DOZEN players in ML have higher salaries than the # 1 guy in the NFL. But don't feel bad Winter, it's the thought that counts. :itsok:

2014 NFL Top Base Salaries

List of highest paid Major League Baseball players - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://www.spotrac.com/rankings/mlb/

Last edited:
Oh, one more tidbit for you to consider, Protectionless. If the baseball fans are mainly the people with incomes over $100k, then the rich obviously like the way it is being played.

There goes your plan to socialize sports. The rich will always have the ear of our gov't more than the crackpots. So your plan will never come to fruition.

Are you really missing the point here by that much ?
geez.gif
HA HA.

I don't give a rat's ass what the rich like. I'm concerned about the great majority of (middle class and poor) baseball fans. As for the rich having the ear of the govt, that depends on who's in power. With Obama right now, Central American migrants have got his ear amazingly well. Mexican ones too. Not exactly rich are they ? In general, get a pressure group going. Get enough petitions signed, and plans come "to fruition". :D

Last edited:

Are you really missing the point here by that much ?
geez.gif
HA HA.

I don't give a rat's ass what the rich like. I'm concerned about the great majority of (middle class and poor) baseball fans. As for the rich having the ear of the govt, that depends on who's in power. With Obama right now, Central American migrants have got his ear amazingly well. Mexican ones too. Not exactly rich are they ? In general, get a pressure group going. Get enough petitions signed, and plans come "to fruition". :D

No, I am not missing the point. A few disgruntled fans of a team is not going to change MLB.

As for the rich having the ear of the politicians, that is a fact of life in our system, regardless of which president is in office.

It was the same when Bush was in office, when Clinton was in office and when anyone in the last 30+ years has been in office.

More likely it is that football has far fewer games per season. If you went to half of a team's games that would be 8 games. That's only 5% of a baseball team's season. You could go to ALL of an NFL team's games, and it's still only 10% of a MLB team's season. So somebody might say gee, they went to ALL of the Buccanears games, but they only went to 10% of the Rays games (same # of games).

Also, "same" greed ? Don't check facts before you post I see. Not the same at all. Top NFL salary is Jay Cutler (Chicago bears QB) at $17 million. That's hardly more than HALF of the MLB top of Alex Rodriguez (NY Yankees) at $29 Million, and much less than MLB runnerups Zack Greinke and Cliff Lee. In fact, TWO DOZEN players in ML have higher salaries than the # 1 guy in the NFL. But don't feel bad Winter, it's the thought that counts. :itsok:

List of highest paid Major League Baseball players - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2014 MLB Top Total Salaries

It is the same greed. I didn't say they paid them the same or as much. But your moaning and bitching all along has been about free agency, the owners doing things to make profits, ect ect. The NFL fits that same description.

2014 MLB Top Total Salaries

It is the same greed. I didn't say they paid them the same or as much. But your moaning and bitching all along has been about free agency, the owners doing things to make profits, ect ect. The NFL fits that same description.

Not quantitatively they don't, but I'm not crazy about the way the NFL is carrying on either. Or the NBA. Only reason I'm so up in arms at MLB, that was brought on by the Price fiasco. Feel better now ? :itsok:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back