UN-Privatize Baseball Now. PLEEEASE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You also should apologize for FALSELY accusing me ("You have been saying you want the government to steal MLB from the owners. That is not the same as fans BUYING the team from owners."

When I clearly stated in the OP >> ""For the Rays (similar scenario for other teams), I suggest that they be bought by the 3 counties of Pinellas, Hillsborough, and Manatee,.."

You would be much better off, and show you have at least SOME integrity, if you just admitted that you spoke wrongly, APOLOGIZE, and clean up your not too clean ACT.

You also should apologize for FALSELY accusing me ("You have been saying you want the government to steal MLB from the owners. That is not the same as fans BUYING the team from owners."

When I clearly stated in the OP >> ""For the Rays (similar scenario for other teams), I suggest that they be bought by the 3 counties of Pinellas, Hillsborough, and Manatee,.."

You would be much better off, and show you have at least SOME integrity, if you just admitted that you spoke wrongly, APOLOGIZE, and clean up your not too clean ACT.

When you refuse to pay someone what their business is worth, and force them to sell to you and only you, I consider that theft.

And it is laughable that you demand an apology, when you have lied and refused to admit it.

The best players from around the world IMMIGRATE to the US to play MLB because the level of competitiveness has made it the best baseball in the world. Our free market system is a large part of this competitiveness. The juvenile dreams of some flaccid, wannabe communists would undermine the game for the sake of their own myopic stupidity.

When you refuse to pay someone what their business is worth, and force them to sell to you and only you, I consider that theft.

And it is laughable that you demand an apology, when you have lied and refused to admit it.

NO, oh spineless one. You don't think it's "laughable" at all. Not Hardly. YOU KNOW damn well, that you've been lying all through this thread, by calling me a liar, and saying I suggested that the MLB teams be stolen, when it is clearly stated by me in the OP, and elsewhere that I suggested the teams be bought. And even after posting the evidence of this (plain as day), you keep on lying that this is not so. HA HA. Well, it obviously IS so, and neither you or anyone can deny it, without making a complete idiot out of yourself, which is exacly what you're doing.

If you had an ounce of decency, you'd APOLOGIZE.

If you had an ounce of integrity, you'd APOLOGIZE.

If you had an inch of backbone, you'd APOLOGIZE.

But NO!!!!! You're too much of a phony wimp to do that. You can keep up the ruse of validity, if that's what your shaky psyche requires of you, but every time you post, you just dig yourself deeper and deeper into the hole of foolishness. End of day.....Not My Problem.

:dig:

YOU KNOW also that I am not asking anyone to sell to ME and only ME. More of your straw men. I never said anything like that. The OP reads > "For the Rays (similar scenario for other teams), I suggest that they be bought by the 3 counties of Pinellas, Hillsborough, and Manatee,.."

Did you think I was the only resident of those 3 counties, Mr. Straw Man ? :lol: And I never said the current owners wouldn't or shouldn't be paid what the teams are worth, YOU said that, Mr. Straw Man. I DO suggest that they be paid EXACTLY what they're worth, not some ludicrous figure coming from the money hustlers and their mouthpiece, Forbes magazine. :D

Face it, WinterBaby. You screwed up royally in here, and the only way out of it for you, is to admit it, and walk away gracefully. The more posts you post, the more victories over you, you hand me, on a silver platter. I'm being gracious here. I could post copies of every single one of your :lame2: posts that say I wanted to "steal" the team(s). But I haven't done that to you, have I ? So, you're welcome. Now apologize, take a :chillpill:, pet a cat, take a nap, and you'll feel much better later.

Please don't make me have to sing that old Rolling Stones song to you. You know. The ones that goes > "Well I told you once, and I told you twice. But you never listen to my advice." :D

Last edited:
The best players from around the world IMMIGRATE to the US to play MLB because the level of competitiveness has made it the best baseball in the world. Our free market system is a large part of this competitiveness. The juvenile dreams of some flaccid, wannabe communists would undermine the game for the sake of their own myopic stupidity.

The game is already being undermined and WRECKED, by the money hustler culture of the (in this case) MUCH TOO FREE market system. YOU don't get it. But this forum is also free. So you are free to come here and talk like a fool.

NO, oh spineless one. You don't think it's "laughable" at all. Not Hardly. YOU KNOW damn well, that you've been lying all through this thread, by calling me a liar, and saying I suggested that the MLB teams be stolen, when it is clearly stated by me in the OP, and elsewhere that I suggested the teams be bought. And even after posting the evidence of this (plain as day), you keep on lying that this is not so. HA HA. Well, it obviously IS so, and neither you or anyone can deny it, without making a complete idiot out of yourself, which is exacly what you're doing.

But NO!!!!! You're too much of a phony wimp to do that. You can keep up the ruse of validity, if that's what your shaky psyche requires of you, but every time you post, you just dig yourself deeper and deeper into the hole of foolishness. End of day.....Not My Problem.

YOU KNOW also that I am not asking anyone to sell to ME and only ME. More of your straw men. I never said anything like that. The OP reads > "For the Rays (similar scenario for other teams), I suggest that they be bought by the 3 counties of Pinellas, Hillsborough, and Manatee,.."

Did you think I was the only resident of those 3 counties, Mr. Straw Man ? :lol: And I never said the current owners wouldn't or shouldn't be paid what the teams are worth, YOU said that, Mr. Straw Man. I DO suggest that they be paid EXACTLY what they're worth, not some ludicrous figure coming from the money hustlers and their mouthpiece, Forbes magazine. :D

Face it, WinterBaby. You screwed up royally in here, and the only way out of it for you, is to admit it, and walk away gracefully. The more posts you post, the more victories over you, you hand me, on a silver platter. I'm being gracious here. I could post copies of every single one of your :lame2: posts that say I wanted to "steal" the team(s). But I haven't done that to you, have I ? So, you're welcome. Now apologize, take a :chillpill:, pet a cat, take a nap, and you'll feel much better later.

Please don't make me have to sing that old Rolling Stones song to you. You know. The ones that goes > "Well I told you once, and I told you twice. But you never listen to my advice." :D

Wow, you have really lost your marbles, haven't you?

Yes, being forced to sell and for a price well below what the team is worth is stealing the team. And 3 counties or one county, or one federal representative, the point is that I could not find a higher bidder (like another owner) to make it a genuine sale. It is theft. Just like when they offer a pittance for land they are stealing via eminent domain. It is theft.

But feel free to continue to tell us that being owned by stockholders is fundamentally the same as being owned by the gov't.

And considering the number of times you have called me a troll, called me other names, or insinuated even worse, for you to call yourself "gracious" is a laugh.

Yes, you were advocating that the teams be STOLEN by gov't entities. No choice but to sell to them at a price well below what they are worth. And their worth, as determined by Forbes, was accurate.

What you would suggest they be paid would be ridiculously low, as evidenced by your statement in post #26 “You have one definition of "owning". I have another. And as far as I'm concerned these MLB owners can take their millions and shove them.”

This is also evidence that you are perfectly fine with creating your own definitions. But you insist no one else do the same. My claim to what is "stealing" is certainly more accurate than your nonsense about "owners". So spare yourself the additional hypocrisy, and apologize for the things you have said about me and admit you lied.

:D

I'm having fun here, how about you?? But then, I never claimed I was done here or claimed I was leaving the conversation. How about you?

Yes, being forced to sell and for a price well below what the team is worth is stealing the team. And 3 counties or one county, or one federal representative, the point is that I could not find a higher bidder (like another owner) to make it a genuine sale. It is theft. Just like when they offer a pittance for land they are stealing via eminent domain. It is theft.

But feel free to continue to tell us that being owned by stockholders is fundamentally the same as being owned by the gov't.

And considering the number of times you have called me a troll, called me other names, or insinuated even worse, for you to call yourself "gracious" is a laugh.

Yes, you were advocating that the teams be STOLEN by gov't entities. No choice but to sell to them at a price well below what they are worth. And their worth, as determined by Forbes, was accurate.

What you would suggest they be paid would be ridiculously low, as evidenced by your statement in post #26 “You have one definition of "owning". I have another. And as far as I'm concerned these MLB owners can take their millions and shove them.”

This is also evidence that you are perfectly fine with creating your own definitions. But you insist no one else do the same. My claim to what is "stealing" is certainly more accurate than your nonsense about "owners". So spare yourself the additional hypocrisy, and apologize for the things you have said about me and admit you lied.

I'm having fun here, how about you?? But then, I never claimed I was done here or claimed I was leaving the conversation. How about you?

Forbes is nothing but a shill for the money hustler grabby greed freaks that have ruined this country in many ways far beyond the world of baseball. Their standards are designed of them, by them, and for them. As such, thy are major departures fdrom reality and common sense. You want to talk "WORTH", do you ?

Coal miners who risk and sometimes lose their lives providing energy to keep America going, firefighters who risk and sometimes lose their lives, fighting fires and saving lives, and US troops on battefields (like those now bombing ISIS) risk and sometimes lose their lives, defending America and innocent people.

THESE are the WORTHY ones. And they receive a microscopic fraction of income for what they do, compared to MLB's money hustlers and spoiled brat players, who (although they do provide a service to us) are worth a small fraction to us compared to those in the 3 occupations I just mentioned.

Maybe someday you'll get your head out of your ass on all this. IN the meantime,the silver platter is getting less and less visible every day. :lol:

Last edited:

Forbes is nothing but a shill for the money hustler grabby greed freaks that have ruined this country in many ways far beyond the world of baseball. Their standards are designed of them, by them, and for them. As such, thy are major departures fdrom reality and common sense. You want to talk "WORTH", do you ?

Coal miners who risk and sometimes lose their lives providing energy to keep America going, firefighters who risk and sometimes lose their lives, fighting fires and saving lives, and US troops on battefields (like those now bombing ISIS) risk and sometimes lose their lives, defending America and innocent people.

THESE are the WORTHY ones. And they receive a microscopic fraction of income for what they do, compared to MLB's money hustlers and spoiled brat players, who (although they do provide a service to us) are worth a small fraction to us compared to those in the 3 occupations I just mentioned.

Maybe someday you'll get your head out of your ass on all this. IN the meantime,the silver platter is getting less and less visible every day. :lol:

I have not mentioned anything about the worth of human lives. And since I have worked and risked my life on the job, I understand full well what those people do and what they risk.

But we are talking about the financial worth of a business. Nothing more.

Do not try and confuse the issue.

Seems nobody's favorite demented old fool thinks he's writing Das Baseiball.

I have not mentioned anything about the worth of human lives. And since I have worked and risked my life on the job, I understand full well what those people do and what they risk.

You haven't mentioned anything about the worth of human lives. I HAVE. Of course you haven't. Because to you, this is all in the limited context of how the greed freakos have got it all set up, and you're playing by THEIR rules, THEIR yardsticks, set up entirely by THEM, for THEIR benefit, much to the detriment of the fans.

Yes, we're talking about the financial worth of a business, And you're using the freakos yardstick, and I'm using common sense. You can't seem to get your head out of the context of the owners' setup. This is much wider than that. So maybe it might help to point out the worth of the 2 sets of workers. According to Wikipedia, the highest paid MLB player is Alex Rodriguez at $29 Million/year. But what does he do for us ? Swing a bat and hit home runs ? Oh goodey. In contrast, the coal miners, US troops, and firefighters, do far more important things for us, and receive about $29,000/year (.001 or 1/1000 of what Rodriguez gets). That's it. Don't give me any "that's because". No, there is no "because", because that's only within the context of the money-hustlers' looney culture, which is simply nuts. All your ideas about "worth" are THEIR ideas, set up by THEM, for THEM. Invalid, and way out of normal. Crazy.

Last edited:

You haven't mentioned anything about the worth of human lives. I HAVE. Of course you haven't. Because to you, this is all in the limited context of how the greed freakos have got it all set up, and you're playing by THEIR rules, THEIR yardsticks, set up entirely by THEM, for THEIR benefit, much to the detriment of the fans.

Yes, we're talking about the financial worth of a business, And you're using the freakos yardstick, and I'm using common sense. You can't seem to get your head out of the context of the owners' setup. This is much wider than that. So maybe it might help to point out the worth of the 2 sets of workers. According to Wikipedia, the highest paid MLB player is Alex Rodriguez at $29 Million/year. But what does he do for us ? Swing a bat and hit home runs ? Oh goodey. In contrast, the coal miners, US troops, and firefighters, do far more important things for us, and receive about $29,000/year (.001 or 1/1000 of what Rodriguez gets). That's it. Don't give me any "that's because". No, there is no "because", because that's only within the context of the money-hustlers' looney culture, which is simply nuts. All your ideas about "worth" are THEIR ideas, set up by THEM, for THEM. Invalid, and way out of normal. Crazy.

First of all, you are off topic with the discussion of the coal miners, soldiers and teachers.

Second of all, the reason one makes millions while the others make a living is quite simple. It is the same reason that gold sells for $1,300 an ounce and copper sells for $3.14 a pound. Copper is very handy and does more for us in our day to day lives. But gold is much more rare, and so it demands a higher price.

Coal miners, fire fighters, teachers and soldiers are very valuable and make a much bigger contribution to our lives. Alex Rodriguez has skills that only a handful of people on the planet possess, and he can sell them to the highest bidder. Many people can be teachers, fire fighters, coal miners and soldiers. It is the rarity that demands the higher salary. None of this relates to the person's actual worth. The worth of people is not measured in dollars. But that is the yardstick by which we measure a business.

Now, as for the worth of a business, Forbes is one of the leading experts in financial matters. And as such, they are qualified to determine the worth of a business.

The estimate that the Tampa rays are worth $486 million.

Here is a breakdown of how they came up with that figure:

$245 million - Sport (Portion of the franchises value attributable to revenue shared among all teams)

$122 million - Market (Portion of franchises value attributable to its city and market share).

$82 million – Stadium (Portion of franchises value attributable to its stadium)

$37 million – Brand (Portion of franchises value attributable to its brand)

$245 million + $122 million + $82 million + $37 million = $486 million. And that is what the Tampa Rays are worth as a business. And since we are talking about buying a business, that is the number to be used.

First of all, you are off topic with the discussion of the coal miners, soldiers and teachers.

Second of all, the reason one makes millions while the others make a living is quite simple. It is the same reason that gold sells for $1,300 an ounce and copper sells for $3.14 a pound. Copper is very handy and does more for us in our day to day lives. But gold is much more rare, and so it demands a higher price.

Coal miners, fire fighters, teachers and soldiers are very valuable and make a much bigger contribution to our lives. Alex Rodriguez has skills that only a handful of people on the planet possess, and he can sell them to the highest bidder. Many people can be teachers, fire fighters, coal miners and soldiers. It is the rarity that demands the higher salary. None of this relates to the person's actual worth. The worth of people is not measured in dollars. But that is the yardstick by which we measure a business.

Now, as for the worth of a business, Forbes is one of the leading experts in financial matters. And as such, they are qualified to determine the worth of a business.

$245 million - Sport (Portion of the franchises value attributable to revenue shared among all teams)

$122 million - Market (Portion of franchises value attributable to its city and market share).

$245 million + $122 million + $82 million + $37 million = $486 million. And that is what the Tampa Rays are worth as a business. And since we are talking about buying a business, that is the number to be used.

Sure rarity is an element of worth. But so is the value of the type of work done, aqnd the sacrifice of the worker. In any event, the $$ discussed here have mostly to do with the way money hustlers organize and manipulate men and money, as opposed to the way responsible govt leaders, accountable to their constituents would organize it all on much different levels and much differently, for the benefit of the public (fans), rather than some greed freaks trying to pocket as much dough as they can.

Since Forbes' "estimates" :lol: are geared to the former, I have no interest in them and don't accept anything they say, and they are 100% irrelevant to me, as they should be to everyone. They are not a leading expert in financial matters here, other than within the greed freaks sphere of activity, which I regard as 100% irrelevant and worthless.

The greatest players from around the world would not IMMIGRATE here if not for the opportunity to be as well compensated for their unique talents as they can be within our competitive, capitalist system. America's pastime indeed.

Sure rarity is an element of worth. But so is the value of the type of work done, aqnd the sacrifice of the worker. In any event, the $$ discussed here have mostly to do with the way money hustlers organize and manipulate men and money, as opposed to the way responsible govt leaders, accountable to their constituents would organize it all on much different levels and much differently, for the benefit of the public (fans), rather than some greed freaks trying to pocket as much dough as they can.

Since Forbes' "estimates" :lol: are geared to the former, I have no interest in them and don't accept anything they say, and they are 100% irrelevant to me, as they should be to everyone. They are not a leading expert in financial matters here, other than within the greed freaks sphere of activity, which I regard as 100% irrelevant and worthless.

And how would you determine the worth of the teams to be "purchased" by gov't entities?

For example, how much do you think the 3 counties should pay (combined) for the Tampa Rays?

"...responsible govt leaders, accountable to their constituents..."

What??? Responsible gov't leaders?? Accountable to their constituents?? lol And where do you propose to find any of those??

Just an FYI, the MBL teams are legitimate businesses. They survive by making a profit. They provide entertainment in exchange for profits.

And how would you determine the worth of the teams to be "purchased" by gov't entities?

For example, how much do you think the 3 counties should pay (combined) for the Tampa Rays?

I don't know. The county commissioners would come up with an amount. That's their job. I do know it would be a lot less than the idiotic figure cited by the mouthpiece magazine. :lol:

I don't know. The county commissioners would come up with an amount. That's their job. I do know it would be a lot less than the idiotic figure cited by the mouthpiece magazine. :lol:

Right. So you claim Forbes is part of some vast money-grubbing conspiracy, but you have no clue how to place a value on a business.

Figures.

"...responsible govt leaders, accountable to their constituents..."

What??? Responsible gov't leaders?? Accountable to their constituents?? lol And where do you propose to find any of those??

Just an FYI, the MBL teams are legitimate businesses. They survive by making a profit. They provide entertainment in exchange for profits.

:lol: They are "legitimate" businesses by YOUR standards maybe. Certainly not by mine. The whole league (American & National) is highly ILlegitimate, I would say. As for govt leaders, they are as accountable to us as we make them be. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. When we citizens band together to make a pressure group, they respond. If we're silent, they assume everything is OK and that we're happy with the status quo. And they probably have every right to think that, under those circumstances.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)
[/COLOR][/I]

Last edited:

Right. So you claim Forbes is part of some vast money-grubbing conspiracy, but you have no clue how to place a value on a business.

Figures.

I don't HAVE to. That's not my job. And I didn't say I had "no clue" (you said that). I said >> "it would be a lot less than the idiotic figure cited by the mouthpiece magazine." There's your clue. :D

Last edited:
Funny how someone who couldn't run a garden hose pretends to know ANYTHING about running a multi-billion dollar business, and then advocates destroying the entire economic system in which such a business is possible in the first place.

It's like a pyro-maniac pretending to be an expert on building construction while urging everyone to live outside in tents.

:cuckoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back