UN Maps show we are losing in Afghanistan

Freedom and Shariah don't belong in the same sentence Sunni and you know that.
Under Sharia muslim people have the God given Freedoms to live a live pleasing to their Creator. :cool:

I don't recall there being too many freedoms under the kind of Shariah the Taliban put the people of Afghanistan under, and I don't remember the people of Afghanistan choosing to live that way either.

Every war of occupation with the motive of the submission of a hostile population is a losing proposition.

The only time a nation can subdue a people is by murdering so many of them that their society falls apart or if those people are WILLING to be subdued.

Ever even come close to opening a history book?

Afghanistan was a peaceful Buddhist country before the Muzzie barbarians occupied it and subdued and murdered the Buddhists and destroyed the country.

Now, you know :clap2:

How far back would you like to go?

You forgot the pantheism thanks to Alexander, the Zoroastrains, thanks to the Persians, and Hindu influence thanks to the Moguls.

I don't recall there being too many freedoms under the kind of Shariah the Taliban put the people of Afghanistan under, and I don't remember the people of Afghanistan choosing to live that way either.
The Afghan people have lived under Sharia Law for centuries and were just fine with it.

It wasn't until the Russians, and later the Americans, invaded them and tried to change them, that the problems started. :cool:

The Afghan people have lived under Sharia Law for centuries and were just fine with it.

It wasn't until the Russians, and later the Americans, invaded them and tried to change them, that the problems started. :cool:

Sharia law that allows for wife beating, amputations and stoning.

Afghanistan was a peaceful Buddhist country before the Muzzie troglodytes conquered them and destroyed the country, like Muzzies destroy everything that's good and decent.

The religion of savagery...

Quran 9:5...:eek:
Then when the Sacred Months have passed, then kill the idolaters wherever you find them, and capture them and besiege them, and prepare for them each and every ambush. But if they repent and perform As-Salât (Iqâmat-as-Salât), and give Zakât, then leave their way free. Verily, Allâh is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful

That maybe the case but the kind of Shariah law Afgans lived under in the 1960s was a total different system than what the Taliban instituted when they took power.

Under Sharia muslim people have the God given Freedoms to live a live pleasing to their Creator. :cool:

Sharia: Wife beating, stoning, amputations, murder of non-Muslims, banning of all music and poetry.:eek: :eek: :eek:

Why I left Islam
By Waleed Al-Husseini

Islam is an authoritarian religion that does not respect the individuals’ freedom of choice, which is easily noticeable from its barbaric verdicts such as stoning the adulterous, pushing the homosexuals off a cliff and killing the apostates for daring to express a different viewpoint. Then there is the plight of other religions’ followers in the Muslim State. Islam urges its followers to fight the infidels until they convert or agree to pay a tax known as "Jizya" per capita in total submission.The sacred texts in Islam also encourage blatant war and conquest of new territories to spread the religion of Muhammad, instead of using peaceful means to convey the message, relying only on a rational argumentative scheme; something that Islam, like any other religion for that matter, evidently lacks. It is simply a terrible insult to human values and a proof of unprecedented dementia.

I was flabbergasted when I learnt the commandments of Islam regarding the alliance and disavowal and the aberrant division of the world into believers and unbelievers, with all the outrageous provisions this implies for the "Dhimmis" and the” Jizya "! A man also has the right to correct his wife by beating her and / or deserting the marital bed if she refuses to submit to his will. She has no choice when it comes to satisfying his sexual desire whenever he feels like it, with no regard whatsoever of her feelings and desires.

I am not a feminist and I am not one of those who defend women passionately against the countless forms of injustice they have suffered for centuries because of religion, but I have a mother, a sister and a lover and I cannot stand for them to be humiliated and stigmatized in this bone-chilling way, because they are my dearest and I love them too much to treat them with this flawed and nauseating manner which debunks undoubtedly the claim that Islam is a religion of equality and freedom!

All forms of artistic expressions are banned in Islam: music, singing, dancing, painting, sculpture, acting, but also literature, poetry, philosophy and the use of logic!

Muhammad was no different than barbaric thugs who slaughtered, robbed and raped women, there are many proofs in the Sunnah, I invite you to do your homework before accusing me of lying for the sole purpose of damaging the image of the prophet of Islam. He was a sex maniac, and went around all the laws he has enacted to appease his voracious desire. He has torn humanity and imprisoned the nation with backward and outdated Bedouin laws. He accomplished no miracle that could prove his prophecy; all he had was a book showing strong similarities with the poetry of his contemporaries, full of scientific errors and philosophical dilemmas.
Why I left Islam

The release of 2 confidentail UN "residual risk accessibility" maps show that insurgents have relocated from the south where the main focus of combat is occuring to other parts of the country. Areas that were safe are no longer safe and the country as a whole is worse off than 6 months ago.

The Wall Street Journal article has the maps at the following:

U.N. Maps Rate Afghanistan Less Secure - WSJ.com

This is another example of how not to occupy a country or fight insurgents. Sufficient amount of forces is necassary to occupy all of the country to keep insurgents from moving around the country to avoid direct contact with security forces. Now that we have committed to leave all they have to do is avoid any direct contact and do their little bombings and ambushes and eventually they will have the country to themselves and the Taliban can regain control.

First, I wouldn't trust the U.N. to fight its way out of a wet paper bag.

Second:

U.S.-led coalition forces operate in Afghanistan under a U.N. Security Council mandate, and the U.N. works hand-in-hand with the coalition on building up Afghan government institutions. The Taliban have repeatedly attacked U.N. buildings and personnel, labeling the U.N. an instrument of American imperialism.

Third, "they will have the country to themselves," only if all the OTHER AFGHANS leave, or are slaughtered.

I suggest the country's internal security sources get their shit together if they don't want another Taliban Government.

That maybe the case but the kind of Shariah law Afgans lived under in the 1960s was a total different system than what the Taliban instituted when they took power.
The version of Sharia the Taliban was stricter than others. but it was still Sharia.

Basically, it should be up to the Afghan people to decide whether to follow that version of Sharia or not.

Under Sharia muslim people have the God given Freedoms to live a live pleasing to their Creator.
:lol: :clap2:

Sharia Law, Jihad [Umdat al-Salik wa Uddat al-Nasik]:eek:
Jihad means to war against non-Muslims, and is etymologically derived from the word mujahada, signifying warfare to establish the religion.

The version of Sharia the Taliban was stricter than others. but it was still Sharia.

Basically, it should be up to the Afghan people to decide whether to follow that version of Sharia or not.

Islam, the religion of wife-beating.:eek:

Quran 4:34...:cuckoo:
Allah has made men superior to women because men spend their wealth to support them. Therefore, virtuous women are obedient, and they are to guard their unseen parts as Allah has guarded them. As for women whom you fear will rebel, admonish them first, and then send them to a separate bed, and then beat them. But if they are obedi-ent after that, then do nothing further; surely Allah is exalted and great!

There is no "winning" in Afghanistan.

We should butt out and let them live their lives in the fucking stone age if that's what they want.

We should butt out and let them live their lives in the fucking stone age if that's what they want.

Thats what we were doing until 9/11 happened, just because their living like Fred Flinstone doesn't mean they can't be dangerous. There were no US Troops in Afghanistan until 9/11 happened.

Shariah law does not punish parents who murder their own children and grandchildren in "honor killings".:eek:

Umdat al-Salik wa Uddat al-Nasik...:cuckoo:
o1.1: Who Is Subject To Retaliation For Injurious Crimes
Retaliation is obligatory against anyone who kills a human being purely intentionally and without right.

o1.2: The following are not subject to retaliation...
A father or mother (or their father and mothers) for killing their offspring, or offspring's offspring

Thats the thing, under the Taliban there no choices. I agree that the Afghan people do deserve to choose whether they want to live like that or not but under the Taliban they would not get that.

Thats what we were doing until 9/11 happened, just because their living like Fred Flinstone doesn't mean they can't be dangerous. There were no US Troops in Afghanistan until 9/11 happened.

The entire country did not commit the crimes on 9/11.

A very small group of men did that. And face it 9/11 happened in large part because we were complacent and over confident. We could stop terrorists attack by securing our borders and revamping our security in regards to immigration. There is no need to occupy an entire country.

Depopulate the Muzzies and repopulate Afghanistan with their peaceful indigenous Buddhists.

Muhammadanism is a dreadful curse.

Alexis de Toqueville...:clap2:
I studied the Koran a great deal. I came away from that study with the conviction there have been few religions in the world as deadly to men as that of Muhammad. So far as I can see, it is the principal cause of the decadence so visible today in the Muslim world and, though less absurd than the polytheism of old, its social and political tendencies are in my opinion to be feared, and I therefore regard it as a form of decadence rather than a form of progress in relation to paganism itself.

Winston Churchill...:clap2:
How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries! Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy.

The effects are apparent in many countries. Improvident habits, slovenly systems of agriculture, sluggish methods of commerce, and insecurity of property exist wherever the followers of the Prophet rule or live.

A degraded sensualism deprives this life of its grace and refinement; the next of its dignity and sanctity. The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his absolute property, either as a child, a wife, or a concubine, must delay the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to be a great power among men.

Individual Moslems may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it.

No stronger retrograde force exists in the world. Far from being moribund, Mohammedanism is a militant and proselytizing faith. It has already spread throughout Central Africa, raising fearless warriors at every step; and were it not that Christianity is sheltered in the strong arms of science, the science against which it had vainly struggled, the civilization of modern Europe might fall, as fell the civilization of ancient Rome.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/River-War-Sir-Winston-Churchill/dp/1598184253/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1288411221&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: The River War (9781598184259): Sir Winston S. Churchill: Books[/ame]

A very small group of men did that. And face it 9/11 happened in large part because we were complacent and over confident. We could stop terrorists attack by securing our borders and revamping our security in regards to immigration. There is no need to occupy an entire country.

After 9/11 happened, the US had to do something. The attacks were planned and the people trained in Afghanistan, not doing anything would make the US look weak and invite even more attacks. I do agree however that the war was seriously mismanaged, under manned and underfunded, which is why wer in the situation that we are today in Afghanistan.

Islam committed 9/11.

Quran 9:5...
Then when the Sacred Months have passed, then kill the idolaters wherever you find them, and capture them and besiege them, and prepare for them each and every ambush. But if they repent and perform As-Salât (Iqâmat-as-Salât), and give Zakât, then leave their way free. Verily, Allâh is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful

Quran 9:29...
Fight against those who (1) believe not in Allâh, (2) nor in the Last Day, (3) nor forbid that which has been forbidden by Allâh and His Messenger (4) and those who acknowledge not the religion of truth (i.e. Islâm) among the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians), until they pay the Jizyah[] with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.

After 9/11 happened, the US had to do something. The attacks were planned and the people trained in Afghanistan, not doing anything would make the US look weak and invite even more attacks. I do agree however that the war was seriously mismanaged, under manned and underfunded, which is why wer in the situation that we are today in Afghanistan.

We'll have to disagree on the necessity of invading Afghanistan. I do not believe it was necessary.

So we invaded a whole country and destroyed it looking for ONE man? :cuckoo:

btw there was only an estimated 200 Al Qaeda in Afghanistan.

Forum List

Back