U.S. Supreme Court Trump Ruling Today at 10 AM....Live feeds up.....Update: Reversed 9-0

:2up: :clap2:

1709848448101.png

You can stop there.

Provisions of the constitution are self enforcing. They are not federal laws.

You need to start over again.
I find the concept of self-executing in regard to the constitution often confusing.

When a part of the constitution does not require any legislative action to execute it, it is referred to as self-executing such as the clause giving the government the right to coin money, the 5th amendment protection from self-incrimination, or the president's term of office, or the age for qualification. These and other such clauses that do not require any additional federal laws to execute them are are self-executing and can be executed by either state or the federal government.

Parts of the constitution that are not self-executing which are many can not be executed by the states such as section 3 of the 14th amendment. Many other parts of the constitution require federal laws to execute them and are thus are not executable by the states. Thus most federal laws are not executable by the states because they spring from parts of the constitution that is not self-executing.

Last edited:
Why would anyone support a man that takes so much drugs that he shits in his pants all the time. and stinks like a open sewer all the time.

And yet, virtually every starte has laws on the books determining who qualifies to be on their ballots for the office of the president.
Then those laws are null and void. The Constitution spells out the qualifications for President, and no State can change them.

States can do things like set the filing fees and the dates to file the paperwork, but they have no say in who qualifies.

Then those laws are null and void. The Constitution spells out the qualifications for President, and no State can change them.

States can do things like set the filing fees and the dates to file the paperwork, but they have no say in who qualifies.

Great, that means every state has to put every candidate running for office on their ballots. Even if that makes their ballot 30 pages long.

Great, that means every state has to put every candidate running for office on their ballots. Even if that makes their ballot 30 pages long.

People that meet the federal require that aren't able to get on the ballot is typically due to not being selected by a major party or not able to get enough signatures on of a partition to the state requesting being added to the ballot.

If you meet the qualifications to run for public office, and you register your name and pay the fees, and file the paperwork and do everything you're supposed to do, do you want to be excluded because there are already "enough" candidates for the position?

Sorry Faun, the ballot is already full, thanks for asking! Come back in a couple years, maybe we can fit you in next time...

If you meet the qualifications to run for public office, and you register your name and pay the fees, and file the paperwork and do everything you're supposed to do, do you want to be excluded because there are already "enough" candidates for the position?

Sorry Faun, the ballot is already full, thanks for asking! Come back in a couple years, maybe we can fit you in next time...
This is silly , your wasting bandwidth.

Apparently you do, you felt like you had to troll me in this thread, lol.
You don't get it do you, No one cares what you think of me. And for myself , why do You think I would care what the enemy of my country says about me , someone I look down on as ground level dirt.

You don't get it do you, No one cares what you think of me. And for myself , why do You think I would care what the enemy of my country says about me , someone I look down on as ground level dirt.
blah blah blah. Why would you think I care about you? Your feelings are hurt or something?

I didn't say anything about you fool. You jumped into the thread all by yourself. You want me to call the waaambulance for you?

blah blah blah. Why would you think I care about you? Your feelings are hurt or something?

I didn't say anything about you fool. You jumped into the thread all by yourself. You want me to call the waaambulance for you?
I jump in where I want to and I only jump in to point out the obvious stupid. I like to take the easy route. and it doesn't get any easier then you ace , I feel a little guilty like picking on a third grader , But it's easy and I like easy.

Forum List

Back