U.S. starts humanitarian airdrops, weighs airstrikes in Iraq

Star

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2009

By The Associated Press, ABC News
August 7, 2014

WASHINGTON (ABC News/AP) - The U.S. has begun using cargo planes to air drop pallets of humanitarian aid and supplies to stranded Iraqi citizens threatened by the militant Islamic group ISIS, officials told ABC News late Thursday.

In addition to the humanitarian relief for thousands of displaced religious minorities in the country's north, the White House was also weighing direct military strikes to stem the ISIS group's gains in Iraq,

<snip>

By The Associated Press, ABC News
August 7, 2014

WASHINGTON (ABC News/AP) - The U.S. has begun using cargo planes to air drop pallets of humanitarian aid and supplies to stranded Iraqi citizens threatened by the militant Islamic group ISIS, officials told ABC News late Thursday.

In addition to the humanitarian relief for thousands of displaced religious minorities in the country's north, the White House was also weighing direct military strikes to stem the ISIS group's gains in Iraq,

<snip>

Good.

Just give ISIS a few dozen rounds of close air strikes, missiles and drones...Then see how the Iraqis flee when ISIS comes back out from bombardment cover..

Is there anyone on the ground (like a freaking CIA agent who isn't hacking government computers) who can verify whether or not the "humanitarian" drops are aiding the Islamic fundamentalists?

Well, a little late for that isn't it

they let it go to hell all this time

Is there anyone on the ground (like a freaking CIA agent who isn't hacking government computers) who can verify whether or not the "humanitarian" drops are aiding the Islamic fundamentalists?

Stranded Iraqis, no food, in mountains I believe, ISIS is busy taking the city. No way to be ground now.

Last edited:
The Order was executed by Bush II, Obama followed that order. The American people were sick of the poorly planned, hyped, and fasly advertised war. The JCS found the US had plans for the invasion, but nothing afterwards. It is past time for BOTH the President AND Congress to get moving on this expanding crisis.

Last edited:
The Order was executed by Bush II, Obama followed that order. The American people were sick of the poorly planned, hyped, and fasly advertised war. The JCS found the US had plans for the insaion, but nothing afterwards. It is past time for BOTH the President AND Congress to get moving on this expanding crisis.

I'd never accuse America of good motives. I'm just saying, if you're gonna do something, do it right. We should've taken out Saddam and gotten out of there. And if we stayed, then kick ass.

And if Obama had options as far as leaving troops and having bases. If ya cut and run, then cut and run. Don't come back with this we're considering air strikes nonsense.

The thing with ISIS is that there is no real target. They are always on the move, so they need to be targeted as they move. On a positive note, I heard on Fox news that two ISIS commanders were killed by airstrikes...:thup:

The air drops of aid are for the benefit of ISIS. They will take everything. obama knows it. That's why he ordered the air drop. If he even did.

Matters not, Bush broke it, Obama asked for the job, Obama owns it NOW.

The Order was executed by Bush II, Obama followed that order. The American people were sick of the poorly planned, hyped, and fasly advertised war. The JCS found the US had plans for the insaion, but nothing afterwards. It is past time for BOTH the President AND Congress to get moving on this expanding crisis.

I'd never accuse America of good motives. I'm just saying, if you're gonna do something, do it right. We should've taken out Saddam and gotten out of there. And if we stayed, then kick ass.

And if Obama had options as far as leaving troops and having bases. If ya cut and run, then cut and run. Don't come back with this we're considering air strikes nonsense.

Why should we have taken Saddam out? He was not a threat, and had nothing to do with 9-11. What we should have done is immediatly after 9-11, taken out Bin Laden, then gotten the hell out of that region. That would have saved over 6000 of the lives of our sons and daughters, and trillions of dollars.

Why should we have taken Saddam out? He was not a threat, and had nothing to do with 9-11. What we should have done is immediatly after 9-11, taken out Bin Laden, then gotten the hell out of that region. That would have saved over 6000 of the lives of our sons and daughters, and trillions of dollars.

Oh, shed a tear for the genocidal murderer. Who gives a fuck why we took out Saddam. You sound like the lame media. Maybe, Bush shouldn't have made the links he did. But seriously, Saddam was a fucker who needed to go all the same.

The thing with ISIS is that there is no real target. They are always on the move, so they need to be targeted as they move. On a positive note, I heard on Fox news that two ISIS commanders were killed by airstrikes...:thup:

Yes, that was the problem a couple months ago, now, an urgent need to protect US citizens that decided to stay, and the Kurds. Plus, the few remaining Christians and the Yazidis.

A moot point at this juncture, Bush said he got "bad intel", and wanted him out. The excuse was WMDs and nukes, neither fantasy was true. Also, Saddam threatened George Bush Sr. The situation TODAY is was must be addressed.

there are 800 boots on the ground

Forum List

Back