U.S. Soldiers Punished For Not Attending Christian Concert

I'm waiting

You know.. something 'juicy' like this and a lot of the mainstream sources would be all over it... but funny... it is a solitary winger site that is the source??

I have NEVER denied a source like CNN, ABC, AP, Reuters, etc when it comes to corroboration... but ones like this bullshit site or huffy puffy or whatever, damn skippy I will call out the fact that it's nothing more than winger links

Again, this was posted at the most, a few hours ago. Do you know how the internet works when it comes to stories?

Alleged 3 month old incident... gotta be something out there...

You see.. an honest person not hell bent on an agenda would have actually bothered to look and see if this was actually covered somewhere else besides a winger site

The author seems to have a track record for winger material... and looks to be a contributor to huffy puffy... inherently putting any credibility into question

I'll say this Dave, if the story hits mainstream media and it turns out to be false, I'll move it personally to Conspiracy Theories myself and admit I was wrong.

A few days later, some of the soldiers punished for choosing not to attend this concert contacted the Military Religious Freedom Foundation (MRFF). The following is from the account sent by one of those soldiers to MRFF, detailing what transpired that night.

DOJ: No Evidence Anyone 'Affected' By Widespread Proselytizing in Military | War Is A Crime .org

MRFF founder and president Mikey Weinstein, a former White House counsel in the Reagan administration, and general counsel to Texas billionaire and two-time presidential candidate H. Ross Perot, sharply criticized the Justice Department’s legal argument.

“I find the DOJ's use of the word "tolerable" to be quite transparently disingenuous,” said Weinstein, who graduated from the U.S. Air Force Academy and has also served as an Air Force Judge Advocate General (JAG). “In today's U.S. military, having to endure such forced nonsecular indoctrination is about as "tolerable" as having an electric cattle prod shoved into one's body crevices. Shame on the DOJ."

You see.. an honest person not hell bent on an agenda would have actually bothered to look and see if this was actually covered somewhere else besides a winger site

The author seems to have a track record for winger material... and looks to be a contributor to huffy puffy... inherently putting any credibility into question

See, there you go with the personal attacks. And I feel that's dishonest on your part considering what I just said.

I'll say this Dave, if the story hits mainstream media and it turns out to be false, I'll move it personally to Conspiracy Theories myself and admit I was wrong.

A few days later, some of the soldiers punished for choosing not to attend this concert contacted the Military Religious Freedom Foundation (MRFF). The following is from the account sent by one of those soldiers to MRFF, detailing what transpired that night.

DOJ: No Evidence Anyone 'Affected' By Widespread Proselytizing in Military | War Is A Crime .org

MRFF founder and president Mikey Weinstein, a former White House counsel in the Reagan administration, and general counsel to Texas billionaire and two-time presidential candidate H. Ross Perot, sharply criticized the Justice Department’s legal argument.

“I find the DOJ's use of the word "tolerable" to be quite transparently disingenuous,” said Weinstein, who graduated from the U.S. Air Force Academy and has also served as an Air Force Judge Advocate General (JAG). “In today's U.S. military, having to endure such forced nonsecular indoctrination is about as "tolerable" as having an electric cattle prod shoved into one's body crevices. Shame on the DOJ."

hMMM.. the author's organization
Chris Rodda is the Senior Research Director for the Military Religious Freedom Foundation

And warisacrime.org? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Oh please, pod. You consistently interject yourself into debate threads with NOTHING but personal insults.

See, there you go with the personal attacks. And I feel that's dishonest on your part considering what I just said.

Personal attack would have been to call you asshole like I did to TM (which is not only a personal attack, but also accurate in her case)

I called out your honesty for the use of an unsubstantiated article from a known winger site, written by an easily researched winger and contributor to huffy puffy (another known winger source)....

hMMM.. the author's organization
Chris Rodda is the Senior Research Director for the Military Religious Freedom Foundation

And warisacrime.org? :rolleyes:

Because we all know Reagan and his staff were a bunch of Commie Pinko Anti-Military Liberals!

give it up bert.. you were caught using an unsubstantiated story from a winger source on a winger site as news... and you followed up with another winger site, warisacrime.org, to bolster your position?? :rolleyes:

Are you trying to emulate Mr. SheMan?

give it up bert.. you were caught using an unsubstantiated story from a winger source on a winger site as news... and you followed up with another winger site, warisacrime.org, to bolster your position?? :rolleyes:

Are you trying to emulate Mr. SheMan?

Take a look at the link name for the website, it isn't warisacrime.org. I only used that link anyway to show you that the people behind this group aren't people you can throw mud at.

ummmm... DD...

again... the DECISION in the Court case... not an article...not an opinion piece... A COPY OF THE DECISION.

http://www.militaryreligiousfreedom.org/legalfiles/chalker_dismissal_filing.pdf

The submission of a case does not inherently substantiate the claim within, jill

The decision, which does not corroborate the claims, was that the case was dismissed

But not dismissed because it wasn't believed.

dismissed because they said he should have exhausted his administrative remedies to allow the problem to be handled internally.

and the point WAS that the soldier was DISCIPLINED. He WAS...hence the case. (otherwise he woudln't have filed it.).

so what exactly is it that you're disputing?

1. that the general doesn't force his troops to be proselytized?
2. that there was no christian concert?
3. that these officers didn't refuse to go?
4. that they were disciplined?
or
5. that a case exists which will address these issues?

i think the major gen. needs to find a new hobby.

DD, your entire argument in this thread has been argumentum ad hominem. Strangely enough, you haven't told me what of this article in the original post you dispute and why. See if you can do so without attacking the source. :thup:

ummmm... DD...

again... the DECISION in the Court case... not an article...not an opinion piece... A COPY OF THE DECISION.

http://www.militaryreligiousfreedom.org/legalfiles/chalker_dismissal_filing.pdf

The submission of a case does not inherently substantiate the claim within, jill

The decision, which does not corroborate the claims, was that the case was dismissed

But not dismissed because it wasn't believed.

dismissed because they said he should have exhausted his administrative remedies to allow the problem to be handled internally.

and the point WAS that the soldier was DISCIPLINED. He WAS...hence the case. (otherwise he woudln't have filed it.).

so what exactly is it that you're disputing?

1. that the general doesn't force his troops to be proselytized?
2. that there was no christian concert?
3. that these officers didn't refuse to go?
4. that they were disciplined?
or
5. that a case exists which will address these issues?

i think the major gen. needs to find a new hobby.

Did not have to get to that point, Jill

What I am disputing is the validity of the claim in the winger article by the winger author on the winger site... and if you read in the case and background, the soldier was a consientous objector and had a pattern of acts like the one mentioned in the case (the document even refers to the previous incidents)

What I am against are the leaps that even you have taken, stating the general stated one thing when his the source clearly shows different.... I am against use of this story or claim as fact when it has not been proven as so

Forum List

Back