U.S. Rep. Ron Paul receives more military donations than Obama

We have No reason to attack Iran at all. Lets withdraw our troops. RON PAUL is the only sane man on that stage...Obama is a war hawk! For crying out load didn't you people on the left vote for Obama to keep us out of such wars?

he should have ended it sooner. but it's done now. if mccain had won he'd have bomb bomb bomb bomb bombed iran. *shrug*

remember... THAT was the choice. d'uh

Right. The only choice was Obama or McCain. Duh.

there was no independent candidate in the general election. and i would never waste my vote anyhow.

i voted for hillary in the primary.

i wouldn't vote for ron paul if he paid me. he's an idiot.

but i do find paulian zealots amusingly ignorant.

Last edited:
he should have ended it sooner. but it's done now. if mccain had won he'd have bomb bomb bomb bomb bombed iran. *shrug*

there was no independent candidate in the general election. and i would never waste my vote anyhow.

I have to say I see him as an American with a passionate message which many Americans appreciate because it holds the extreme line of Liberty to it's core...

That said, I would not want him to be President right now... :lol:

Paul didn't run in the general.

It's the idiotic view that any vote beside Democrat and Republican is 'wasted' that keeps us stuck in a pointless rut. Thanks.

Paul didn't run in the general.

It's the idiotic view that any vote beside Democrat and Republican is 'wasted' that keeps us stuck in a pointless rut. Thanks.

only an idiot sabotages the party he agrees with more to let the "other guys" split their vote".

thanks for playing.

An "idiot"? I'm no conservative or Republican but please elaborate :eusa_eh:
Ron Paul - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A native of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Paul is a graduate of Gettysburg College and Duke University School of Medicine, where he earned his medical degree. He served as a flight surgeon in the United States Air Force from 1963 until 1968. He worked as an obstetrician and gynecologist during the 1960s and 1970s, delivering more than 4,000 babies, before entering politics during 1976.

Because he isn't a warmonger. The military should always be used as a last resort. The military understands this while many of the civilian "flag wavers" don't. That's why he gets their support. He always has.

the military should be used as a last resort. but that doesn't mean they should have no presence.

paul is a naive fool who doesn't think that anything is worth fighting and dying for. and i find it difficult to believe that military people support that.

People enlist in the military to defend our nation, not to prove that our politician's dicks are bigger than another nation's politician's dicks. How would you feel if China had a military presence in Mexico?

I had no idea that you were so anti-Paul. Why is that?

I have a love/hate relationship with his views. I hate that he would severely risk the health and safety of this country, internally, by decimating the regulatory agencies that protect us from things like lead into our toys, unsafe additives in our baby food, etc.

But on the other hand, he is the only candidate who I feel would do away with the patriot act, and re-strengthen our civil liberties.

I supported nut job Ross Perot because I felt that we could handle 4 years of a complete ass hole in the White House – that this country is strong enough to survive that and maybe come out stronger at the end. I kind of feel that way about Ron Paul too. That said, I won't be voting for him. But I prefer him to all the other Republican candidates by a long shot.

Because he isn't a warmonger. The military should always be used as a last resort. The military understands this while many of the civilian "flag wavers" don't. That's why he gets their support. He always has.

the military should be used as a last resort. but that doesn't mean they should have no presence.

paul is a naive fool who doesn't think that anything is worth fighting and dying for. and i find it difficult to believe that military people support that.

People enlist in the military to defend our nation, not to prove that our politician's dicks are bigger than another nation's politician's dicks. How would you feel if China had a military presence in Mexico?
People enlist in the military out of desperation.

People enlist in the military out of desperation.

You are as usual, an idiot.

Now this is interesting!

Although Texas Republican Congressman Ron Paul may be ignored throughout the mainstream media, one report shows that the presidential candidate may have strong support from the country's military personnel.

During the 2008 presidential election, Congressman Ron Paul garnered the most financial support from active military duty officers than any other Republican candidate. Some reports, though conflicting, even showed Paul gained more than then-Senator Barack Obama. It could be déjà vu all over again for the author of “The Revolution: A Manifesto” and “End The Fed.”

- Rep. Michelle Bachmann: $2,550
- Herman Cain: $6,223
- Rep. Newt Gingrich: $1,025
- Gov. Gary Johnson: $0
- Rep. Ron Paul: $36,739.79
- Gov. Tim Pawlenty (dropped out of race): $250
- Gov. Mitt Romney: $5,000
- Sen. Rick Santorum: $250

*Texas Governor Rick Perry was not included in the tallying. Total GOP Military Donations without Paul: $15,298.00 President Barack Obama has been able to garner $28,833.99 from U.S. military personnel.

Anyone want to take a stab at why?

officers

only an idiot sabotages the party he agrees with more to let the "other guys" split their vote".

The question is "how much more?". If you think there is a substantial difference between the candidates/parties; that your guy, while not perfect, is much better than the others - by all means, vote your conscience.

But the lesser-of-two-evils strategy is usually employed by those who admit their candidate sucks, but sucks somewhat less than the some other candidate. That doesn't make a lot of sense to me, and pretty much guarantees we'll always have bad leaders.

Says the **** who couldn't tell the difference between a poll and military contributions?

Why don't you do us all a fucking favor and stop typing shit here, you clearly have no idea what you're even reading. Hell I doubt you even read, I'm guessing you're some overweight redneck who sits at home and likes to pretend that she's got a fucking clue about what's going on in the world cuz she listens to Rush Limbaugh and watches Bill O'Reilly.

BAWWW!

One of my favorite Ron Paul Clips. He schools an Iraqi Diplomatic on diplomacy.

It gets good around 2:00

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXelUuw4nWk]Ron Paul Questions Iraq Lawmakers (2/2) - YouTube[/ame]

The Center for Responsive Politics, which tracks campaign cash, looks at the 2007 money-raising and finds the following:
In 2007, the 2008 presidential candidates raised $582.5 million and spent $481.2 million.
In the 4th quarter of 2007, individuals in the Army, Navy and Air Force made those branches of the armed services the No. 13, No. 18 and No. 21, contributing industries, respectively. War opponent Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas, received the most from donors in the military, collecting at least $212,000 from them. Another war opponent, Sen. Barack Obama, D-Illinois, was second with about $94,000.

Looks to me like the kinds of folks who donate to candidates in the MIL like anti-empire candidates.

Just a guess, of course.

Now this is interesting!

Although Texas Republican Congressman Ron Paul may be ignored throughout the mainstream media, one report shows that the presidential candidate may have strong support from the country's military personnel.

During the 2008 presidential election, Congressman Ron Paul garnered the most financial support from active military duty officers than any other Republican candidate. Some reports, though conflicting, even showed Paul gained more than then-Senator Barack Obama. It could be déjà vu all over again for the author of “The Revolution: A Manifesto” and “End The Fed.”

- Rep. Michelle Bachmann: $2,550
- Herman Cain: $6,223
- Rep. Newt Gingrich: $1,025
- Gov. Gary Johnson: $0
- Rep. Ron Paul: $36,739.79
- Gov. Tim Pawlenty (dropped out of race): $250
- Gov. Mitt Romney: $5,000
- Sen. Rick Santorum: $250

*Texas Governor Rick Perry was not included in the tallying. Total GOP Military Donations without Paul: $15,298.00 President Barack Obama has been able to garner $28,833.99 from U.S. military personnel.

Anyone want to take a stab at why?

Vets take the oath to defend the Constitution kinda seriously. Since they do so with their lives.

RP is the only candidate that fully supports the Constitution, where the rest of "oh yeah, that thing."

cept maybe Ricky, but he's a little too much milk toast for combat vets.

Forum List

Back