U.S. Rep. Ron Paul receives more military donations than Obama

When was war declared on North Korea?

The United Nations Security Council Resolution 84, July 7, 1950

The Constitution of the United states says that the Congress shall have the authority to declare war. It does not say how Congress should do that. By authorizing the funding of a war I take that as a declaration of war, or at a minimum the same thing in different terms....

And a peace treaty has never been signed in Korea......

I think we need to get out of Iraq and Afghanistan but we need to stay put in South Korea.

Actually we do host Troops from foreign countries for Military training, I ran into several Soldiers from Saudi Arabia when I was at Keesler Air Force Base for training. When I was stationed at Offutt Air Force Base in Nebraska STRATCOM hosted several Officers from the British Military, one of them was a hell of a soccer player on their indoor team.
Do they have thousands of troops on a military base owned by their countries though?

We don't "own" any Military bases we are stationed at overseas.

We own the buildings the equipment and everything on that base. We may or may not own the land but we probably lease it at any rate and they get the benefit of this protection and aid dollars on top of it. They should be paying us for keeping them safe. Maybe then we could at least offset the costs.

Do they have thousands of troops on a military base owned by their countries though?

We own the buildings the equipment and everything on that base. We may or may not own the land but we probably lease it at any rate and they get the benefit of this protection and aid dollars on top of it. They should be paying us for keeping them safe. Maybe then we could at least offset the costs.

We don't really own those buildings because the government of that country can ask us to pack up and move whenever they like, we are there at that governments request basically, whenever they want us gone they can just say so. We do sign lease agreements for the base as far as I know, but the host countries do not have to agree to them if they don't want to.

Actually we do host Troops from foreign countries for Military training, I ran into several Soldiers from Saudi Arabia when I was at Keesler Air Force Base for training. When I was stationed at Offutt Air Force Base in Nebraska STRATCOM hosted several Officers from the British Military, one of them was a hell of a soccer player on their indoor team.

I don't believe that's true. Bases are considered U.S. soil for all legal purposes. When we were kicked out of Turkey in the late 70s/early 80s, we poured cement down all the plumbing, etc. We couldn't have done that with their bases, just ours.

when was war declared on north korea?

the united nations security council resolution 84, july 7, 1950

the constitution of the united states says that the congress shall have the authority to declare war. It does not say how congress should do that. By authorizing the funding of a war i take that as a declaration of war, or at a minimum the same thing in different terms....

And a peace treaty has never been signed in korea......

fail.

I still wish i could hear an Obama or Romney or Gingrich supporter say why the military supports Paul's policy so much more than theirs.

If this is true then it means the troops get it. They don't want to be sent around the world to fight so Cocacola and Exxon can sell their products to a global market.

The GOP equates big military with being pro military. They say the Dems are weak on defense because they want to shrink our military.

But Ron Paul's military would be much smaller than Clinton or Obama's military. If he closed bases all around the world, that would shrink our military considerably.

Yet the troops don't seem to mind? How come when Dems slash military spending in times of peace is that weak but Ron Paul's proposals are popular with the troops? Interesting.

Didn't every GOP candidate say Ron Paul's ideas were bad and dangerous? That's because they support the great Military Industrial Complex that Eisenhower warned us about.

Especially why are we fighting for Exxon and Cocacola when they probably don't even pay their fair share of taxes?

I don't believe that's true. Bases are considered U.S. soil for all legal purposes. When we were kicked out of Turkey in the late 70s/early 80s, we poured cement down all the plumbing, etc. We couldn't have done that with their bases, just ours.

Hmm I was under the impression that bases overseas all fall under the laws of the host country? I didn't think US Bases were considered American soil like an Embassy for example. We still have bases in Turkey, Incirlik Air Base and Izmir.

Hmm I was under the impression that bases overseas all fall under the laws of the host country? I didn't think US Bases were considered American soil like an Embassy for example. We still have bases in Turkey, Incirlik Air Base and Izmir.
We have a lot more than those two! Sinop, Eskashir, Erzerum, Chokmakli, Diharbakir - those are just the ones I've been to. (excuse the spelling - too lazy to look them up).

McCain can claim American citizenship because he was born at the Panama naval base, which was the predecessor to Rodman Naval Station, I believe.

If an American military member commits murder on the base, does he get turned over to the host country for prosecution?

We have a lot more than those two! Sinop, Eskashir, Erzerum, Chokmakli, Diharbakir - those are just the ones I've been to. (excuse the spelling - too lazy to look them up).

McCain can claim American citizenship because he was born at the Panama naval base, which was the predecessor to Rodman Naval Station, I believe.

If an American military member commits murder on the base, does he get turned over to the host country for prosecution?

Thats a good question, I am not really sure I was never stationed overseas. As far as McCain goes, if you are born overseas to American parents you are still an American citizen, you just have to go to the American embassy to register. For example Cleveland Cavaliers point Guard Kyrie Irving was born in Australia, his dad played professional basketball there, he is considered a dual citizen of both Australia and the US, you don't have to be born here in the US to be a citizen regardless of what these crazy birthers say.

If this is true then it means the troops get it. They don't want to be sent around the world to fight so Cocacola and Exxon can sell their products to a global market.

The GOP equates big military with being pro military. They say the Dems are weak on defense because they want to shrink our military.

But Ron Paul's military would be much smaller than Clinton or Obama's military. If he closed bases all around the world, that would shrink our military considerably.

Yet the troops don't seem to mind? How come when Dems slash military spending in times of peace is that weak but Ron Paul's proposals are popular with the troops? Interesting.

Didn't every GOP candidate say Ron Paul's ideas were bad and dangerous? That's because they support the great Military Industrial Complex that Eisenhower warned us about.

Those same troops would mind real fast if they were rotated in and out of a combat zone every year............... Which is nearly what we already have........ Of course they want an end to that and RP's policies (or Obama's for that matter) won't do it.....

Those same troops would mind real fast if they were rotated in and out of a combat zone every year............... Which is nearly what we already have........ Of course they want an end to that and RP's policies (or Obama's for that matter) won't do it.....

We need to actually make our Military bigger to be able to give people more of a break when they finish a deployment, but it sounds like so many people are against that, people want us to have a small neutered Military like Denmark or Latvia.

They wouldn't be rotated in and out of combat zones that didn't exist. Those combat zones exist because of the neocon warmongering strategy of Bush and Obama.

They donate the most money to Ron Paul because they support his policy the most, it's that simple. Those who know the most about the military, foreign policy, and threats support Ron Paul.

with all this extra money we have laying around, why should we ask any country that we're protecting to pay us for that service???

/sarcasm

They wouldn't be rotated in and out of combat zones that didn't exist. Those combat zones exist because of the neocon warmongering strategy of Bush and Obama.

They donate the most money to Ron Paul because they support his policy the most, it's that simple. Those who know the most about the military, foreign policy, and threats support Ron Paul.

Actually maybe you should read the OP a little closer. Those numbers are from 08. I don't have any Idea what the numbers are for 2012. And really $36,000 doesn't show a whole hell of a lot of support........

Forum List

Back