U.S. National Debt Hits Record $22 Trillion

I’m not surprised.

Obama added $10trillion while depleting our military and ignoring infrastructure. Trump is working hard to repair the damage.

I’d still like to know why democrats allowed that idiot to waste our money.

Regardless what else is in the post, just the phrase "Rump is working hard" by itself is worth a funneh.

Our partisans are so bad they only care about the debt when they can blame someone else. Where is the tea party? After many years of Republicans controlling the purse strings we reach $22 trillion. This needs to stop, we need a new party! All this debt and Trump fights for more spending!

Republicans have controlled the House for 20 of the last 24 years -- yet everything is Democrats' fault according to the cultist right. :cuckoo:

Yes of course your guy gets a pass. Funny. Reagan tripled the debt. Bush took a balanced budget and dramatically increased deficits. Now trump increases deficits with full republican control and a strong economy. But hey it's all them Dems. Both are to blame. Until everyone knows that it will keep growing.

Imagine that, anyone but Obama.
You seem to have a reading problem too. What do you think both are to blame means?

You mean reading problem also. I see Reagan, I see Bush, then you decide to sweep Obama into "them".
Well we could talk about Clinton too if you would like. We need to fix things now. Obama, Obama, Obama....

Great, so you're ready to build a wall and keep out all the leeches.
Yes lets shut down the government for more SPENDING!

There are only two ways this debt will ever be settled. Elimination of our debtors, or the elimination of the US.

So what spending would you cut to reduce the debt?
I would cut everything across the board. I don't see how there is any other option.
Keep in mind most of this debt was acquired during near zero interest rates and as the economy continues to grow more robustly, the debt will be refinanced at higher interest rates, so the cuts would have to be quite deep and that would cause a lot of pain, and it is doubtful the politicians who did this would be able to hold on to their jobs, so is an effort to reduce the debt through spending cuts sustainable?
I'm confident there is more than enough waste that we would survive just fine.

Sure, Cortez feels the same way. If not just print more.
Cortez?

Sorry you don't recognize the name, how about Ocasio-Cortez?

I would cut everything across the board. I don't see how there is any other option.
Keep in mind most of this debt was acquired during near zero interest rates and as the economy continues to grow more robustly, the debt will be refinanced at higher interest rates, so the cuts would have to be quite deep and that would cause a lot of pain, and it is doubtful the politicians who did this would be able to hold on to their jobs, so is an effort to reduce the debt through spending cuts sustainable?

Cortez?

I don't see why you are bringing her up. It's not really her debt....

Imagine that, anyone but Obama.
You seem to have a reading problem too. What do you think both are to blame means?

You mean reading problem also. I see Reagan, I see Bush, then you decide to sweep Obama into "them".
Well we could talk about Clinton too if you would like. We need to fix things now. Obama, Obama, Obama....

Well, I see you're turning out to be quite the idiot.

I’m not surprised.

Obama added $10trillion while depleting our military and ignoring infrastructure. Trump is working hard to repair the damage.

I have to wonder what you are going to say when Trump's borrowing, as they inevitably will, exceed Obama's borrowing.
It won’t be wasted.

Obama is a big reason why I’ll never vote for another democrat.
He’s also why Trump got elected in ‘16.... and will get re-elected in ‘20.

You people never learn.

Last edited:

Your guy just shut down the government for more SPENDING.

Cortez?

It's not really her debt? WTF, isn't she in Congress? Isn't she in America? Won't her green BS add $7 Trillion (at the very least) to the debt? What fricken planet are you on?

Your guy just shut down the government for more SPENDING.

And your guys could have prevented it.

Our partisans are so bad they only care about the debt when they can blame someone else. Where is the tea party? After many years of Republicans controlling the purse strings we reach $22 trillion. This needs to stop, we need a new party! All this debt and Trump fights for more spending!

The tea party has two options, vote for the Green Deal, which will cost about the same as the current national debt, or keep voting Pube.

Sure, vote third party.
I'm sure people will vote to curb their entitlements.

Mwhahahaha!!

Cortez?

It's not really her debt? WTF, isn't she in Congress? Isn't she in America? Won't her green BS add $7 Trillion (at the very least) to the debt? What fricken planet are you on?
How long has she been on the job?

I’m not surprised.

I have to wonder what you are going to say when Trump's borrowing, as they inevitably will, exceed Obama's borrowing.
It won’t be wasted.

Obama is a big reason why I’ll never vote for another democrat.
He’s also why Trump got elected in ‘16.... and will get re-elected in ‘20.

You people never learn.
:21:

Forum List

Back