U.S. Citizens Say They Were Detained By Border Patrol Agent For ‘Speaking Spanish’

Wow, a whole 35 minutes. Good thing they didn't go through an airport, that would have been 45 minutes standing in line.
That’s not the point, dipshit. Two US citizens were racially profiled and detained for speaking Spanish after providing proof of citizenship. And this happened in the United States at a store in Montana.

Do you rinse after licking boots, or do you enjoy the taste?

Uh, I hate to point out the obvious but the only boot licking going on is from you progressive loons who are A-OK with the innumerable laws that the obummer admin appears to have broken so long as they were going after trump. Look in the mirror next time you make such an asinine claim.

What gives them that right? What was their probable cause for doing so?

Or do you believe the police need no reason at all.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

I have no idea. Whether they need a reason, is for someone else to figure out.

I am not under the belief that even if they had a reason, that they needed to tell me what that reason was.

I'm not so arrogant that if an officer stops me, he has to give me every thought running through his head. Stuff happens. Get over it.
Then you don’t know your rights, or you’re perfectly ok with giving them away to the authorities. Good for you, bootlicker. But if a LEO detains me, they better have a good reason. And simply talking to someone in a language other than English is not reasonable suspicion by any stretch of the imagination.

I know my rights. And I also know that officers do not randomly stop people. Even if they did stop me by accident, say for example... my car just happen to match the description of a suspect car..... get over it? It happens. I am not so self-important, that I'm going to whine and cry, over just being stopped.

I was released. I was not charged with a crime. I was not harmed. Let it go. That's what an adult does. They don't sit there and have a little whine session.

It is not whining to stand up for your Constitutional rights. Speaking Spanish is not probable cause. ICE needs to be held accountable as they seem to think they are above the law.
Speaking German is not probably cause. Logically someone who crossed the border illegally would speak Spanish not German. Logic wins.

From Canada?

U.S. Citizens Say They Were Detained By Border Patrol Agent For ‘Speaking Spanish’

Two U.S. citizens said they were detained last week by a Border Patrol agent in Montana after he overheard them speaking Spanish to each other in a convenience store.

Ana Suda and Mimi Hernandez said they’d popped into the store in Havre, a small town near the border with Canada, early Wednesday morning when they were approached by a uniformed Border Patrol agent, KRTV reported.

The two women, who are Mexican American, had been chatting in Spanish while waiting in line to pay for eggs and milk when ― to their incredulity ― the agent asked them for their IDs.

Suda told MTN News that even after seeing their IDs, the agent did not let them leave the parking lot for about 35 minutes.

I commend the agent. His job is to investigate anything out of the ordinary to be proactive and these people speaking in a foreign tongue was enough to just take a look into to make sure it was nothing. Had those people been terrorists planning on planting a bomb and the agent passed them by dismissing them, then you'd be on here ranting how our national security sucks!
Feel free to keep bending over like that.

Next time speak English. See if that resolves the problem...

That is exactly what a Nazi would say. We have something called freedom in this country. That means you can speak any language you want.

Americans have freedom in this country. Illegals do not. Legals can speak whatever language they want. Illegals need to go home and speak whatever language they want.
See how that works?

These were citizens. Stopping someone for speaking Spanish is not probable cause no matter whether they are legal or not.

That is exactly what a Nazi would say. We have something called freedom in this country. That means you can speak any language you want.

You think we are free in this nation?

Seriously?

Someone already pointed out the Partiot Act, and/or the NDAA.

There is no freedom left. It died on 9/11.

They were too ready to kill it then. Almost like it was written before......

Our freedom died on 911 because NWO Bush saw an opportunity to push us closer to the heavy hand of the UN. Clintons, Bushes and Obama all had our country's worst interest at heart. It falls under the heading, "Never let a good crisis go to waste"

Seriously?

IT WAS. Someone had the forethought to archive this research and journalism. . . .

The USA PATRIOT Act Was Planned Before 9/11
by Jennifer Van Bergen
20 May 2002

t r u t h o u t

The USA PATRIOT Act Was Planned Before 9/11, Jennifer Van Bergen, 5/20/02

They do not have the right to violate the Constitutional rights of anyone in this country. There was no probable cause to detain them. Speaking Spanish is not a crime. You apparently only believe in the Constitution when you like it. This was Gestapo tactics and the officer in question should be fired and charged.
They are for the first time maybe in your lifetime doing their job...you just don't recognize it...this is what guarding the border looks like when we have an America first president...

This is what Nazi Germany looked like. This is what we have when we have a fascist for President.

They do not have the right to violate the Constitutional rights of anyone in this country. There was no probable cause to detain them. Speaking Spanish is not a crime. You apparently only believe in the Constitution when you like it. This was Gestapo tactics and the officer in question should be fired and charged.
They are for the first time maybe in your lifetime doing their job...you just don't recognize it...this is what guarding the border looks like when we have an America first president...

This is what Nazi Germany looked like. This is what we have when we have a fascist for President.

Really? Nazi Germany was all about having to show your ID to an officer and chat with him for a half-hour? THAT was the horror of Nazism?

Seriously?

Our freedom died on 911 because NWO Bush saw an opportunity to push us closer to the heavy hand of the UN. Clintons, Bushes and Obama all had our country's worst interest at heart. It falls under the heading, "Never let a good crisis go to waste"

The UN relies on Member States to enforce any SCR they choose too. We have the worlds most powerful military. If there is a heavy hand of the UN, we're it.

A dr
Quick poll, how many of you carry ID that can prove your citizenship at all times?

A drivers license used to prove citizenship until the freaking idiots in the democrat party decided to issue licenses to criminals who are in the U.S. illegally.

A DL does not provide proof of citizenship. At best, it provides proof of residence.

Two U.S. citizens said they were detained last week by a Border Patrol agent in Montana after he overheard them speaking Spanish to each other in a convenience store.

Ana Suda and Mimi Hernandez said they’d popped into the store in Havre, a small town near the border with Canada, early Wednesday morning when they were approached by a uniformed Border Patrol agent, KRTV reported.

The two women, who are Mexican American, had been chatting in Spanish while waiting in line to pay for eggs and milk when ― to their incredulity ― the agent asked them for their IDs.

Suda told MTN News that even after seeing their IDs, the agent did not let them leave the parking lot for about 35 minutes.

I commend the agent. His job is to investigate anything out of the ordinary to be proactive and these people speaking in a foreign tongue was enough to just take a look into to make sure it was nothing. Had those people been terrorists planning on planting a bomb and the agent passed them by dismissing them, then you'd be on here ranting how our national security sucks!

You would. Interesting how when we talk about the 2nd Amendment, people like you demand full fealty to the Constitution. Now you say that violating the Constitution is okay. Speaking in a foreign tongue is not probable cause. Had they been committing a crime, any charges would have been thrown out due to the violation of their Constitutional rights.

Really? Nazi Germany was all about having to show your ID to an officer and chat with him for a half-hour? THAT was the horror of Nazism?

Its how they started, and it grew from there because people like you just let it happen.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Wow, a whole 35 minutes. Good thing they didn't go through an airport, that would have been 45 minutes standing in line.

That isn't the point. But you know that.

So much for you thinking.

I don't think we're quite there. The Germans had only had a democratic type of Government for a few years. Furthermore, Hitler won no election to become Chancellor. When he was appointed, it was only a short time before he intimidated their Parliament into giving him dictatorial powers. Dumbass Donnie has a long way to go, he is a lot of things, Hitler he's not.

That’s not the point, dipshit. Two US citizens were racially profiled and detained for speaking Spanish after providing proof of citizenship. And this happened in the United States at a store in Montana.

Do you rinse after licking boots, or do you enjoy the taste?

Uh, I hate to point out the obvious but the only boot licking going on is from you progressive loons who are A-OK with the innumerable laws that the obummer admin appears to have broken so long as they were going after trump. Look in the mirror next time you make such an asinine claim.
Look! Over there! (points >>>>>>)....the Obama Administration!

Forum List

Back