U.S. Citizens Say They Were Detained By Border Patrol Agent For ‘Speaking Spanish’

They do not have the right to violate the Constitutional rights of anyone in this country. There was no probable cause to detain them. Speaking Spanish is not a crime. You apparently only believe in the Constitution when you like it. This was Gestapo tactics and the officer in question should be fired and charged.
They are for the first time maybe in your lifetime doing their job...you just don't recognize it...this is what guarding the border looks like when we have an America first president...

This is what Nazi Germany looked like. This is what we have when we have a fascist for President.

Really? Nazi Germany was all about having to show your ID to an officer and chat with him for a half-hour? THAT was the horror of Nazism?

part of it was that you could be stopped and asked for your papers for no reason. that is exactly what happened in this instance.

They do not have the right to violate the Constitutional rights of anyone in this country. There was no probable cause to detain them. Speaking Spanish is not a crime. You apparently only believe in the Constitution when you like it. This was Gestapo tactics and the officer in question should be fired and charged.
They are for the first time maybe in your lifetime doing their job...you just don't recognize it...this is what guarding the border looks like when we have an America first president...

This is what Nazi Germany looked like. This is what we have when we have a fascist for President.

I don't think we're quite there. The Germans had only had a democratic type of Government for a few years. Furthermore, Hitler won no election to become Chancellor. When he was appointed, it was only a short time before he intimidated their Parliament into giving him dictatorial powers. Dumbass Donnie has a long way to go, he is a lot of things, Hitler he's not.

I would disagree. He seems to have a affinity for dictators and thugs of all type. It seems that he would like to have the same powers however he seems to be doing as much as he can to get there.

[

Wow, a whole 35 minutes. Good thing they didn't go through an airport, that would have been 45 minutes standing in line.

This more of your "small" government Constitutional conservatism?

Ahhh, yes. The old "you want small government, therefore you HAVE to believe all government activity is wrong" argument.

Too bad for you that enforcing the border is actually a proper function of government, regardless of whether or not I think THIS guy was right or wrong.

Really? Nazi Germany was all about having to show your ID to an officer and chat with him for a half-hour? THAT was the horror of Nazism?

Its how they started, and it grew from there because people like you just let it happen.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

You're completely insane. You DO know that, right?

Wow, a whole 35 minutes. Good thing they didn't go through an airport, that would have been 45 minutes standing in line.
^ The Trump sheep immediately defends scrapping rights for U.S. citizens

Rights are only for white people.

What rights were actually violated? I wasn't aware ANYONE had a right to never be spoken to by law enforcement.
Educate yourself, troglodyte:
Search and Seizure and the Fourth Amendment - FindLaw
U.S. Constitution: Fourth Amendment - FindLaw

[

Ahhh, yes. The old "you want small government, therefore you HAVE to believe all government activity is wrong" argument.

Too bad for you that enforcing the border is actually a proper function of government, regardless of whether or not I think THIS guy was right or wrong.

These people were not at the border, they were in the country making a purchase at a store

U.S. Citizens Say They Were Detained By Border Patrol Agent For ‘Speaking Spanish’

Two U.S. citizens said they were detained last week by a Border Patrol agent in Montana after he overheard them speaking Spanish to each other in a convenience store.

Ana Suda and Mimi Hernandez said they’d popped into the store in Havre, a small town near the border with Canada, early Wednesday morning when they were approached by a uniformed Border Patrol agent, KRTV reported.

The two women, who are Mexican American, had been chatting in Spanish while waiting in line to pay for eggs and milk when ― to their incredulity ― the agent asked them for their IDs.

Suda told MTN News that even after seeing their IDs, the agent did not let them leave the parking lot for about 35 minutes.
Fake news.

Its how they started, and it grew from there because people like you just let it happen.

I am sure I look that way to you. I prefer not to live in a police state

part of it was that you could be stopped and asked for your papers for no reason. that is exactly what happened in this instance.

So what you're saying is that you consider any contact and interaction with law enforcement is the first step to the dark night of Nazism?

I prefer not to live in anarchy, just because you're paranoid and melodramatic.

There are a lot of counties where the authorities stop and ask people for their papers on a routine basis...you might be much happier in those places since you have a thing against freedom

What rights were actually violated? I wasn't aware ANYONE had a right to never be spoken to by law enforcement.

Why don't you share with me what was "searched" or "seized" by talking to them? Hell, show me IN YOUR OWN LINKS where their 4th Amendment rights were violated. As far as I can tell, they weren't arrested OR detained. They were just spoken to.

There are a lot of counties where the authorities stop and ask people for their papers on a routine basis...you might be much happier in those places since you have a thing against freedom

There are also a lot of countries that have virtually no effective law enforcement whatsoever. You might be much happier in those places, since you have a phobia against ever conversing with law enforcement.

Why don't you share with me what was "searched" or "seized" by talking to them? Hell, show me IN YOUR OWN LINKS where their 4th Amendment rights were violated. As far as I can tell, they weren't arrested OR detained. They were just spoken to.
Demanding ID's and detaining them is not "talking to them" you despicable ****.

[

These people were not at the border, they were in the country making a purchase at a store

Got good news and bad, Montana is a border state...and they have stores at the border.

Two U.S. citizens said they were detained last week by a Border Patrol agent in Montana after he overheard them speaking Spanish to each other in a convenience store.

Ana Suda and Mimi Hernandez said they’d popped into the store in Havre, a small town near the border with Canada, early Wednesday morning when they were approached by a uniformed Border Patrol agent, KRTV reported.

The two women, who are Mexican American, had been chatting in Spanish while waiting in line to pay for eggs and milk when ― to their incredulity ― the agent asked them for their IDs.

Suda told MTN News that even after seeing their IDs, the agent did not let them leave the parking lot for about 35 minutes.

I commend the agent. His job is to investigate anything out of the ordinary to be proactive and these people speaking in a foreign tongue was enough to just take a look into to make sure it was nothing. Had those people been terrorists planning on planting a bomb and the agent passed them by dismissing them, then you'd be on here ranting how our national security sucks!
Feel free to keep bending over like that.

No worries. I generally don't speak Spanish.

I don't think we're quite there. The Germans had only had a democratic type of Government for a few years. Furthermore, Hitler won no election to become Chancellor. When he was appointed, it was only a short time before he intimidated their Parliament into giving him dictatorial powers. Dumbass Donnie has a long way to go, he is a lot of things, Hitler he's not.

I would disagree. He seems to have a affinity for dictators and thugs of all type. It seems that he would like to have the same powers however he seems to be doing as much as he can to get there.

Oh I agree he would like to. I'm just saying even with Donnie Dipshit in office, we do not resemble Germany in the early 1930's.

Forum List

Back